What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

A new reset from Ino that's pretty dope. Hard to do though, but fun. Feel free to try it, it's harder than it looks I swear.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

A new reset from Ino that's pretty dope. Hard to do though, but fun. Feel free to try it, it's harder than it looks I swear.
What's hard about it? I'd try it myself if I could right now so I thought I'd ask since I can't lol.

I'm assuming maybe the timing of the charge on the fireball is super specific or some shit?

What's hard about it? I'd try it myself if I could right now so I thought I'd ask since I can't lol.

I'm assuming maybe the timing of the charge on the fireball is super specific or some shit?
You have to walk forward for exactly one frame before the cr hp or you're too far to get a cross under. Walk forward too much and your f mp will whiff. It's fast enough that even going frame by frame it's almost impossible to see Urien walk up, and that how the mixup works. No micro walk and you can hold fwd after mp and stay same side. It's basically this games version of a 1 frame link.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You have to walk forward for exactly one frame before the cr hp or you're too far to get a cross under. Walk forward too much and your f mp will whiff. It's fast enough that even going frame by frame it's almost impossible to see Urien walk up, and that how the mixup works. No micro walk and you can hold fwd after mp and stay same side. It's basically this games version of a 1 frame link.
Well, shit. Suck on that, easy-mode Guile players, amirite?

:DOGE

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
damn a typhoon is delaying the HK top 16.

They're showing iff Menat, the new dlc egyptian chick during top 8. I feel like Im gonna main her

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
She reminds me of Rose. She seems really cool and interesting to play. Props for Capcom on new and interesting design. And she available in 2 days! I want that bandage costume lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just saw the reveal trailer.. SUPER fucking cool. Maybe shades of Urien aegis setup stuff with the orbs? I agree with what Rushdown said earlier, I wish the baseline complexity for a character was somewhere around Akuma, scaling up into the Urien + range.. and obviously we dont know how this will all work, but based on those orbs.. I could see her being a dirty evil ridiculous setup character.

I'm going to check her out for sure.. I also buy all DLC characters, even when I wasnt playing the game.. as a weird means of support, even though i bitch and yell and whine and dont want to support Capcom a lot of the time, I still always buy shit to do what TINY part I can in supporting the game.

I dont think Im allowed to main her.. technically Im not allowed to main anyone but Akuma.. But I am going to get some Urien matches in at some point and decide.

Im off all day today btw.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I just peeped the trailer. Hopefully menat can actually play nuetral and not stubby +2 dash.

I agree. If akuma was baseline for character complexity and they scaled up to Urien level and above I'd be much happier with the game.
You think Capcom heard us?

She looks awesome! Her design is very very interesting, looks like you can use those orbs defensively and offensively. I haven't liked too many of the dlc but this is s character that caught my eye.

Yea those orbs look badass too. Menat will if anything else bring variance to sfv, which is a great thing. I will mos def buy her. To me it doesn't matter where a character ends up on the tier list, if the character is fun then I'll play that character. I'm kinda thinking of buying Urien too since he definetely seems so much fun, just pulling off those aegis combos seems fun by itself.,

Reactions: cfw
Yea those orbs look badass too. Menat will if anything else bring variance to sfv, which is a great thing. I will mos def buy her. To me it doesn't matter where a character ends up on the tier list, if the character is fun then I'll play that character. I'm kinda thinking of buying Urien too since he definetely seems so much fun, just pulling off those aegis combos seems fun by itself.,
Urien is fun because he doesn't plateau as easily as other characters. You can always improve your Urien just by learning new tech whereas other characters it's really just grinding to improve fundamentals and mindgames. Urien relys on those too, but it's nice to be able to learn new setups and combos with a character beyond day 4.