What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
guise between guiles 30th anniversary costume, his classic, default and cpt I feel like he needs just one more for me to cycle through. that would only give him 6 costumes total while scrub/weirdo characters like Ibuki already have 8.

the problem is im not sure what the last costume to top it it offf should be. post your cool guile costume ideas in the comments below lul

Soo whose top tier now?
not in any order. rashid, ibuki, necalli, Karin, cammy, akuma, zangief, bison, urien, guile is my top 10. abby could be up there just not sure yet.

forgot rog but you could put him in there over akuma, urien, guile maybe. not really sure top 10 is prettttty fluid imo.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
not in any order. rashid, ibuki, necalli, Karin, cammy, akuma, zangief, bison, urien, guile is my top 10. abby could be up there just not sure yet.

forgot rog but you could put him in there over akuma, urien, guile maybe. not really sure top 10 is prettttty fluid imo.
Why is Rashid, Zangief, and Bison up there? Shoutouts to Cammy and Necalli staying consistent.

Why is Rashid, Zangief, and Bison up there? Shoutouts to Cammy and Necalli staying consistent.
Cause rashid is considered top 5 by a lot of people, punk even thinks he's top 1 free. Gief cause he does what Mika did in s1 better than she did, and bison cause man he's fucking annoying.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Cause rashid is considered top 5 by a lot of people, punk even thinks he's top 1 free. Gief cause he does what Mika did in s1 better than she did, and bison cause man he's fucking annoying.
Lol that top tier analysis. Good to know I had a top tier lurking around in Bison.

Lol that top tier analysis. Good to know I had a top tier lurking around in Bison.
Well being more in depth we can say rashid has a solid toolbox. 3 frame normal, safe advancing specials, a spamable cc in d hp, an invincible reversal, the best corner escapes in ex spike/v reversal/wall jump, solid mixups, incredible corner carry, he can punish any fireballs on reaction, and is one of the best pressure characters in the game. His only "weakness" is he has somewhat low dmg.

Gief has 2 really bad matchups, but has one of the scariest if not THE scariest vortex in the game. One ex spd or hp spd and you can die off 2 guesses, he's got a super simple but very effective neutral game with cr lp and flex, and luckily for him he's got more anti fireball tech in this game than ever before with headbutt, flex, and v trigger.

Bison is on the lower end of the top 10 for sure, but he's a pressure monster who can punish you for having good reactions. Ex devils reversal is obnoxiously good and as far as I can tell impossible to consistently AA and it's plus enough that you can't v reversal it. He has plus on block advancing mid crush counters, a 3 framer, great anti fireball tools, and for some reason a dash that goes through your counter pokes. He's got mediocre anti airs and relys on just basic frame trap/throw mixups cause he can't really shimmy and has no overhead. Still solid.​

Last edited:

No laura in top 10?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Well being more in depth we can say rashid has a solid toolbox. 3 frame normal, safe advancing specials, a spamable cc in d hp, an invincible reversal, the best corner escapes in ex spike/v reversal/wall jump, solid mixups, incredible corner carry, he can punish any fireballs on reaction, and is one of the best pressure characters in the game. His only "weakness" is he has somewhat low dmg.

Gief has 2 really bad matchups, but has one of the scariest if not THE scariest vortex in the game. One ex spd or hp spd and you can die off 2 guesses, he's got a super simple but very effective neutral game with cr lp and flex, and luckily for him he's got more anti fireball tech in this game than ever before with headbutt, flex, and v trigger.

Bison is on the lower end of the top 10 for sure, but he's a pressure monster who can punish you for having good reactions. Ex devils reversal is obnoxiously good and as far as I can tell impossible to consistently AA and it's plus enough that you can't v reversal it. He has plus on block advancing mid crush counters, a 3 framer, great anti fireball tools, and for some reason a dash that goes through your counter pokes. He's got mediocre anti airs and relys on just basic frame trap/throw mixups cause he can't really shimmy and has no overhead. Still solid.​
Every time i played Bison his movement kills me. Like why make a character who seems like he doesn't even want to walk? Glad to see Rashid get some shine. Knew he had it in him.

SpineRip

Noob
Add me got sf on ps4. SlajPs4 or SlajPS4
Where are you located?

I'm near Toronto, Canada.

CFN = OldManRage

Warning: This is my first competitive fighting game (normally stick to offline single player Arcade Modes and such) and have only been online for 2.5 weeks, so I'm pretty terrible.

Where are you located?

I'm near Toronto, Canada.

CFN = OldManRage

Warning: This is my first competitive fighting game (normally stick to offline single player Arcade Modes and such) and have only been online for 2.5 weeks, so I'm pretty terrible.
I'm a solid 1,000 miles from you, but if you're willing to play Urien I'd be down to run sets.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You disagree? I mean he kills in less guesses, does it midscreen, and has more ways/longer range ways to set it up, plus he actually has legit defensive options and he's got more anti fireball tech. On top of that there's no longer the jump back OS tech so he's scarier.
No one is Season 1 Mika