What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
does all the data ( FM, LP etc ) carry over to the full version of SFV after these 4 days?
I seriously doubt it. Maybe Capcom will be cool and let you keep the Fight Money.

This Beta test is a joke so far. Netcode and loading times are the same. The game even crashed my internet a couple times. Apparently it's fucking with my router with it's ass netcode.

Ed is kind of cool but also really awkward looking and awkward to play as. Animations are goofy and make Kolin look great in comparison.

Maybe I'll give him another shot tomorrow if Capcom can keep the goddamn server up and not cause my router to have seizures.

When's Injustice?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I seriously doubt it. Maybe Capcom will be cool and let you keep the Fight Money.

This Beta test is a joke so far. Netcode and loading times are the same. The game even crashed my internet a couple times. Apparently it's fucking with my router with it's ass netcode.

Ed is kind of cool but also really awkward looking and awkward to play as. Animations are goofy and make Kolin look great in comparison.

Maybe I'll give him another shot tomorrow if Capcom can keep the goddamn server up and not cause my router to have seizures.

When's tekken?
fixed that for ya :p:cool:

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Probably the same issue the first beta had; more people were in Battle Lounges exploring balance changes than in Ranked or Casual Matches.

The downtime between matches was pretty bad.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I watched a little bit of Ed gameplay and I am even more hyped than I was. Do we have any vague idea as to when he's supposed to move to full release?

Anyone here have injustice 1? I'm just trying to figure why with every character when I press any attack button then press back and block it launches them for 2 bars? Isn't only b3/f3 supposed to launch?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
so i was having a look through the new cfn and there is an option to blacklist players? like that isnt going to be abused

so i was having a look through the new cfn and there is an option to blacklist players? like that isnt going to be abused
Well isn't this a good thing? I mean if I know you rage quit or whatever then I could avoid you right? Or do you mean blacklist in general not only for you?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Anyone here have injustice 1? I'm just trying to figure why with every character when I press any attack button then press back and block it launches them for 2 bars? Isn't only b3/f3 supposed to launch?
You can cancel normals/strings into b3/f3 by double tapping forward or back and meter burn. There is no block button.

You can cancel normals/strings into b3/f3 by double tapping forward or back and meter burn. There is no block button.
Lol, yea sorry sbout the block button thing, still thinking of mk lol. Ah ok so let me get this straight, I can do a string (maybe not all strings just an example) and double tap back or forward and meter burn in and it launches my opponent right? Don't have to press b3/f3 at all?

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Lol, yea sorry sbout the block button thing, still thinking of mk lol. Ah ok so let me get this straight, I can do a string (maybe not all strings just an example) and double tap back or forward and meter burn in and it launches my opponent right? Don't have to press b3/f3 at all?
Right, or you could press df/db and meter burn (like a fireball) and that will cancel into your armored f3/b3. It's a good way to punish pushblock or add a low overhead mixup with the f3 cancel.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Well isn't this a good thing? I mean if I know you rage quit or whatever then I could avoid you right? Or do you mean blacklist in general not only for you?
i mean how it could be abused. black listing players that you cant beat making it even harder to find matches. if their rq system worked as in the one where the the players who frequently rq being paired up with other rq players then there is no need for this system. putting this kind of power in players hands is a bad idea i think.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Some blacklist systems work by using your list as a form of weighting. Adding someone to the list just means you'll be less likely to be paired with them, not that it can never happen, this cuts down on abuse to an extent. You could also limit the number players one can add to it to a smallish number to stop someone from just black listing everyone they can't beat. Or some kind of built on analysis function that checks to see what % of players the person is blacklisting and if it's abnormally high, taking some action. Did Capcom do any of this? Surely not. But the idea of the system isn't bad imo.

I'd like the ability to TALK TO PEOPLE YOU HAVE PLAYED. I get it, it's to keep from getting "hey your cancer" messages.. but just add a privacy setting to only allow messages from friends so people who can't handle that kind of stuff can filter it out.. it would be legit nice after a set with a player you that you really enjoyed for one reason or another, to be able to message them and say GGs and try to strike up a conversation, without having to take their CFN and try to find them on PSN or Steam then have to contact them entirely outside the game you're playing.

Right, or you could press df/db and meter burn (like a fireball) and that will cancel into your armored f3/b3. It's a good way to punish pushblock or add a low overhead mixup with the f3 cancel.
Thanks, I was just about to say you can do a meter burn fireball too. Didn't play the beta, do you think they'll have this in inj2?

i mean how it could be abused. black listing players that you cant beat making it even harder to find matches. if their rq system worked as in the one where the the players who frequently rq being paired up with other rq players then there is no need for this system. putting this kind of power in players hands is a bad idea i think.
I see what you mean, but if you blacklist players that you can't beat then it's your fault if you can't find more matches, YOU blacklisted them, I doubt that any player can blacklist for the whole cfn.