What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Anyone know if xiaohai beat du twice today and teabagged him?

*edit- yea he did, eliminated him from eleague. On his bday too.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, for those who have seen Ed footage (or played him) --- Whatcha think? So far, I really like what I have seen. I feel like there is some interesting potential.

SpineRip

Noob
So, for those who have seen Ed footage (or played him) --- Whatcha think? So far, I really like what I have seen. I feel like there is some interesting potential.
Honestly, from what I've seen (haven't played the beta), he looks like he could be my favourite character, but I play with a DS4 pad and am not sure how easy his inputs will be on pad.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Honestly, from what I've seen (haven't played the beta), he looks like he could be my favourite character, but I play with a DS4 pad and am not sure how easy his inputs will be on pad.
He's pretty good actually. The zonk knuckle input is actually really easy because you just charge hp for a second. You don't need to hold it for really long. He's definitely an easy mode character. He's got 1 button aa's that never lose.

EntropicByDesign

Ive got him unlocked in the normal version and plan to do some training mode in a little bit. Cant take him online - not gonna risk it. Everything I have seen so far makes him look pretty amazing. He's def not how I envisioned him, but he's bad as hell just the same.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ive got him unlocked in the normal version and plan to do some training mode in a little bit. Cant take him online - not gonna risk it. Everything I have seen so far makes him look pretty amazing. He's def not how I envisioned him, but he's bad as hell just the same.
He's released already?

EntropicByDesign

He's released already?
No, it's a mod that replaces Nash with the current version of Ed. So the same Ed people have in the beta, only the mod puts him in the main game which allows you to take him to training mode. Apparently he works online too if the person your playing has the mod as well, but that sounds like potential account suicide - even though the same mod existed for Urien and for Juri and no one was banned. I'm not risking it it regardless. I just wanted to be able to mess around in training mode and get a feel for him some ahead of his release, not for any competitive edge but just because I'm impatient.

EntropicByDesign

After getting a few minutes in training mode on him.. you won't have any issue.. his input scheme isn't meant to be strategic or thoughtful, it's just meant to be insanely easy.

SpineRip

Noob
After getting a few minutes in training mode on him.. you won't have any issue.. his input scheme isn't meant to be strategic or thoughtful, it's just meant to be insanely easy.
Great! Thanks! I'm looking forward to when the patch is released. I'm hoping it will be sometime this month, but Capcom will really have to get crunching if they see anything in the beta data that needs to be fixed.

I'm hearing Ed has a massive hurtbox when he shoots his fireball. Apparently he can be hit from like halfway across the screen or something... I saw two separate people mention it, hopefully someone captures it.

EntropicByDesign

Great! Thanks! I'm looking forward to when the patch is released. I'm hoping it will be sometime this month, but Capcom will really have to get crunching if they see anything in the beta data that needs to be fixed.

I'm hearing Ed has a massive hurtbox when he shoots his fireball. Apparently he can be hit from like halfway across the screen or something... I saw two separate people mention it, hopefully someone captures it.

Hadn't heard that. Hope it's either a bug that gets fixed or it's untrue. I was watching a stream and I saw Floe fighting another Ed in the beta and they were both standing at a reasonable distance apart and spamming the shit out of fireballs at each other and it didn't look like there was an extensive hurtbox but that doesn't mean much.

Hadn't heard that. Hope it's either a bug that gets fixed or it's untrue. I was watching a stream and I saw Floe fighting another Ed in the beta and they were both standing at a reasonable distance apart and spamming the shit out of fireballs at each other and it didn't look like there was an extensive hurtbox but that doesn't mean much.
So Ed has a fireball? You're not talking about the vtrigger giant ball right?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Anyone ever ordered anything from www.focusattack.com ? Thinking of order my stick replacement parts this weekend, gotta get ready for t7!
I've ordered the Kowal Octopus from them for my RAP4. I prefer ParadiseArcadeShop however only because they ship right away. The past few times I got paid on Friday and order parts, PAS always shows up that following Monday while AS comes up the following Wednesday or Thursday.

AS has more options though and believe they are partner with Evo.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
hey guise hows it going long time no see lul anyway someone send this to bumdown real quick

injustice 2 god out u guise

SpineRip

Noob
@ILuvFightGames, he does have a normal fireball, and based on the comments I read, it seems like the issue'swith his normal fireball, not his VT.

Here's what I read in two separate posts on SRK:

"hurtbox on ed's fireball is so big i think it might be bugged. I got hit by lariat from like 60% of the screen away by gief."

Then someone responded to that with the following:

"Yeah, that was one thing that bugged me while playing him. I'd throw a fireball from half screen and get tagged by someone's low strong... what?"

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Yep, like @SpineRip said, Ed has a normal fireball. Well, sort of normal. If you hit F+MP Ed throws a kind of hook with Psycho Power surrounding his fist, hitting MP again immediately kind of causes him to punch his own Psycho Power and turn it into a full screen, relatively quick, fireball. The fireball resembles his Vtrigger one, but smaller and faster and I believe its only one hit. Despite it being a two part fireball you can chain them out pretty damn quickly and it seems to have decent recovery. Later today when I get up (just got off work and about to go to bed) I'm going to see if I can load up Tool Assisted's hit/hurtbox viewer and see about that hurtbox issue, along with some slightly more detailed testing of various moves. I'll post my findings back here. I suppose this stuff has already been worked out, quite thoroughly and by people far better at it than me, but I find it kind of fun to mess with and I want to see what i can find on my own before running to YouTube.

I can say conclusively that I am going to put some effort into really learning and playing Ed. I think he'll be a fun compliment to Karin and I REALLY like him thus far.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I've ordered the Kowal Octopus from them for my RAP4. I prefer ParadiseArcadeShop however only because they ship right away. The past few times I got paid on Friday and order parts, PAS always shows up that following Monday while AS comes up the following Wednesday or Thursday.

AS has more options though and believe they are partner with Evo.
Hey Thanks a bunch man, yeah I did notice that they process for 1-3 days which is kinda lame. What I want is the same price so I think I will go with Paradise.

1 more day left until I2
if you main Guile, try Deadshot
if you main Gief, try Grodd
if you main Kolin, try Captain Cold
if you main Sim, try Dr. Fate
if you main Mika, try Canary
if you main Nash, try Robin

if you main FANG, try

EntropicByDesign

No clue who I'm trying in Injustice yet. Green Arrow. Robin. Deadshot. Bane. Swamp Thing. Joker. Captain Cold being a trap character could be a lot of fun. Shrug.

A new game, a new two years of character crisis.

SpineRip

Noob
how do u pressure a opponent
into doing something unsafe in street fighter v
There's a lot of ways... The simplest example I can think of is throwing a fireball, and then hitting them with an anti-air as they try to jump over it.

For the most part, you condition your opponent to expect you to do something, but you don't actually do it, and then you punish their reaction.

There's many, many ways to do this. Try downloading the free ebook called "From Masher To Master".

There's a lot of ways... The simplest example I can think of is throwing a fireball, and then hitting them with an anti-air as they try to jump over it.

For the most part, you condition your opponent to expect you to do something, but you don't actually do it, and then you punish their reaction.

There's many, many ways to do this. Try downloading the free ebook called "From Masher To Master".
i meant on block spine rip