What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
"What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed’s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion." ref: http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/08/the-young-commander-ed-joins-street-fighter-v
I don't know how i feel about this. I never liked 'mash' inputs or 'hold' inputs. Sounds like it will require finger gymnastics to play him.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I don't know how i feel about this. I never liked 'mash' inputs or 'hold' inputs. Sounds like it will require finger gymnastics to play him.
same. anything that requires hold inputs to utilize the character is difficult for me.
dis look like a character for Juri people, maybe.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This doesn't seem hard at all. It actually looks easy lol.
Individually, the moves look easy. But what's it like when you are trying to do a combo that involves holding HP while mashing a different punch buttons? I never cared for Zonk Knuckle and Blanka's shock inputs so I doubt I'm gonna like this. It's disappointing to say the least.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
sigh rip just stick to your nrs games dial-a-combos ok rip leave the capcom games skill and execution and antiairs to the fighting game players

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
sigh rip just stick to your nrs games dial-a-combos ok rip leave the capcom games skill and execution and antiairs to the fighting game players
It's not about execution as much as it is comfort. I don't want to be holding a button down with my pinky. It feels unnatural. Don't you prefer charge characters?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
charge characters feel like playing motion characters to me but listen rip you can still pick ryu and do your mp mp fireball combos or mash b3 inj 2 combos its ok lets us old school ED 3rd strike mains have a little fun with our character ok bud

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
charge characters feel like playing motion characters to me but listen rip you can still pick ryu and do your mp mp fireball combos or mash b3 inj 2 combos its ok lets us old school ED 3rd strike mains have a little fun with our character ok bud
I could see why someone who plays with the analog stick on a xbox360 pad would like this character design.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I take back all my whining . Ed is fucking dope.

His inputs are either brilliant, or will lock him out for some people (possibly myself) but I have a stupid theory.

He may be a rhythm character who's combos are based on kind of tapping out small "beats" the holds could be considered longer notes, that sort of thing. Which sounds brilliant. Just speculating obviously.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Individually, the moves look easy. But what's it like when you are trying to do a combo that involves holding HP while mashing a different punch buttons? I never cared for Zonk Knuckle and Blanka's shock inputs so I doubt I'm gonna like this. It's disappointing to say the least.
I guess everyone is built different. I have no problems with this at all. Holding buttons sounds super easy to me. Maybe because I enjoy playing hard execution characters though lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I like 3, 10 and 15 the most I think. Still not feeling the hoodie look now that he's bulked up, it is looks weird. Unsure on battle costume until I see in action but my preliminary feelings are a dislike the hat and the over-all look is a little too close to his default. Obviously they are different but the over-all effect is somewhat the same.

Again, super. Super. SUPER. hyped about Ed now and I retract my bitchy/emo statements. He just looks bad ass in that trailer and my little eye spies some interesting shit. I love the orb thing you can drop and work behind, that will likely pay serious dividends on both defense and offense.

Of course saying I'm maining him is too early, especially since I have FINALLY found a main in Karin that I not only really enjoy, but TRIED to leave and came right back to AND who matches what I want to do pretty well - but I am damn sure going to play him for a couple weeks and see if he gets a slot alongside Karin.. I can't imagine dropping her at this point though.