What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Well, I'm looking forward to Injustice tournaments/meetups. Not sure how dedicated I'll be to SFV after the 16th.
Ah ok cool, yea I'm new to injustice but plan to play it to see what's up. But I definitely will keep playing SF, with all it's fuck ups I still feel it can be special with some changes. Anyways whatever you decide good luck bro.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ah ok cool, yea I'm new to injustice but plan to play it to see what's up. But I definitely will keep playing SF, with all it's fuck ups I still feel it can be special with some changes. Anyways whatever you decide good luck bro.
Thanks. Yeah I agree with you about SFV. It could be a great game with the right changes. NRS games are more my speed (literally the pace is slower and more deliberate) but capcom games always have a great feel to them and SFV definitely has that quality.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'll play if you want, but playing vs Urien has never helped improve someone's mood.
I'm not sure my soul can handle super plat Urien right now. Only sets Ive played since WE played last was a ft10 with a friend with me as Cammy, a few days ago. I'm ice cold to boot. Appreciate the offer though.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hate the new Ed. I was REALLY hoping for his look from Story Mode. Like a little guy, who gets by using his powers.. not another muscled-out, pathetic-edged idiot.. Based on the look I'm now worried about some kind of boxer character which normally Id be super hyped for, but I was REALLY, like I said, for Story Mode Ed. Not.. this.. Whatever this guy is supposed to be? I get a knock-off Jojo's vibe from this guy. Even if we get his Eminem look from story, how will it work with that new model? Not gonna have the same vibe at all.

I mean, maybe we'll get a boxer/grappler? Shit if I know. And he has psychic powers? Knowing Capcom, this was supposed to be Abel, but they decided to do the whole, everyone new thing, so they butchered the model, called it Ed, and we'll get an unholy Laura/Balrog hybrid. All 'Rog's pressure, footsies, AA, 9000000000000 damage combos, all Laura's pressure into command grab guesses you can loop and a weird ass fireball to force autoblock so you cant do anything but stand there and die. I guess thats actually fine since I'm gonna buy and check him out like I do all DLC, and if anyone who plays this game needs a crutch, its me.
I kid or less strong looking male character would be cool. I don't know if SF has ever done that before. But even if he looked like that I'd hope they'd give him more than the just a hoodie and pants. I think that'd be too plain for SF. And if you're getting a JoJo vibe that's pretty much SF's MO.

And I think you're being a bit too pessimistic about his moves. All the new characters' movesets are good and unique of that I can overlook them not including more fan favorites. Balrog being Ed's Picollo had to mean Ed was going to come out with something boxer-esque.

EntropicByDesign

I kid or less strong looking male character would be cool. I don't know if SF has ever done that before. But even if he looked like that I'd hope they'd give him more than the just a hoodie and pants. I think that'd be too plain for SF. And if you're getting a JoJo vibe that's pretty much SF's MO.

And I think you're being a bit too pessimistic about his moves. All the new characters' movesets are good and unique of that I can overlook them not including more fan favorites. Balrog being Ed's Picollo had to mean Ed was going to come out with something boxer-esque.

I hope you're right. I was just really hoping for a less stereotypical make character, at least in appearance.

I agree that a hoodie and pants isn't much by way of outfit, but there's so much more to making a character have defining and powerful presence on screen. Watch a KOF match with Yamazaki in it for an example. He's just a big, built dude in a plain black T-shirt and plain black slacks. Looks like a background body guard NPC or something, but she you see and hear him in a match, it's totally different and he had a ton of charisma.

Honestly in my opinion, I think capcom could have done a much better job on some character designs and costumes for SF 5. I do not like uriens look, I don't like Akumas look, I don't like kolins look, and I don't like any costume. Well maybe Nash's costume where he looks kinda more, I don't know, robotic? That one I do like. It just seems that they're designing some characters with a street spectator look. Ed I'm not sure, I think if they removed his Nash like hanging hair on his eye would be better. I'm not even gonna mention ken.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I hope you're right. I was just really hoping for a less stereotypical make character, at least in appearance.

I agree that a hoodie and pants isn't much by way of outfit, but there's so much more to making a character have defining and powerful presence on screen. Watch a KOF match with Yamazaki in it for an example. He's just a big, built dude in a plain black T-shirt and plain black slacks. Looks like a background body guard NPC or something, but she you see and hear him in a match, it's totally different and he had a ton of charisma.
But the difference is Yamazaki looks like a typical Japanese mafia dude and that's what they're going for. KoF roster looks more normal than the roster of SF games. A kid with powers in a hoodie sounds more like a KoF design than a SF design actually.

Honestly in my opinion, I think capcom could have done a much better job on some character designs and costumes for SF 5. I do not like uriens look, I don't like Akumas look, I don't like kolins look, and I don't like any costume. Well maybe Nash's costume where he looks kinda more, I don't know, robotic? That one I do like. It just seems that they're designing some characters with a street spectator look. Ed I'm not sure, I think if they removed his Nash like hanging hair on his eye would be better. I'm not even gonna mention ken.
What could you possibly not like about uriens look? They even went out of their way to give him the hammock on all his costumes.

What could you possibly not like about uriens look? They even went out of their way to give him the hammock on all his costumes.
Honestly, I'll be sincere, I think he belongs in a different game, not his gameplay obviously, his gameplay is sick, but his suit and design I'm just not digging it really. And his thong (alt?) is a hell no for me. Akumas lion like mame ugh not digging it either. But he's like my second so I do love everything else about him.

NHDR

Noob
Urien looks awesome. I really only dislike the way FANG looks, and that's only because he's more goofy than serious. A few tweaks and even he'd look cool. I'd also slightly modify Rashid, too, but am fine with his current look.

Honestly, I'll be sincere, I think he belongs in a different game, not his gameplay obviously, his gameplay is sick, but his suit and design I'm just not digging it really. And his thong (alt?) is a hell no for me. Akumas lion like mame ugh not digging it either. But he's like my second so I do love everything else about him.
Leave. Now.

EntropicByDesign

But the difference is Yamazaki looks like a typical Japanese mafia dude and that's what they're going for. KoF roster looks more normal than the roster of SF games. A kid with powers in a hoodie sounds more like a KoF design than a SF design actually.

All i mean is that is just that a character can be extremely simply designed but still convey an interesting and involved appearance. Ryu is a classic and simple design. He's not complex conceptually, just a gi and headband and kinda pissy/intense look, but it works. Im just saying I think with solid design a hoodie and jeans/pants would be fine if done right.

But I'm kinda coming around to the design. I don't like it, but I don't entirely dislike it either. I hope his gameplay is interesting. Urien, Akuma, Ibuki, Kolin have all had deeper more involved move sets, so let's hope Ed continues the trend.

EntropicByDesign

I think Akuma's base look in SFV is one of the absolute most awful design decisions I have ever seen.

I think Akuma's base look in SFV is one of the absolute most awful design decisions I have ever seen.
I agree, well to be honest I'm just not liking his mame really. If we're talking face then ken just looks weird to me. I remember reading somewhere where someone said something like capcom did akumas mame intentionally bad so people would buy his nostalgia costume lol.