What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
ggs lul um youre too afraid of laura in neutral and give up tons of space you should try to hold your ground more. instead of jumping when fireball is out you should mash out low pokes to cacth her advancing

anyway i had to go for a second but if you want to play later let me know
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I was running away alot. Seems like when fireball is out I always lose ground or get hit by her f.HP or cr.HP. I'll try sticking out some low pokes. Yeah I could play later if you want.

Thanks, I'm mostly going just to hang out with people a play some games. I really don't expect to do well. Can't wait for I2 because this game is going to give me anxiety disorder.

But yeah, you should watch the tournament. Some really good players will be there and they don't get as much exposure as they should.
Lol sfv anxiety disorder? Yea I know it's frustrating sometimes but just try to concentrate and be calm, don't sweat the small stuff bro.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
my laura is feeling itself right now lul

iits all coming back to me now rip if be worried maybe you should just wait for bumdown to sign on and play whatever plat lauras do nowadays itll be good for your angina man lul

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
my laura is feeling itself right now lul

iits all coming back to me now rip if be worried maybe you should just wait for bumdown to sign on and play whatever plat lauras do nowadays itll be good for your angina man lul
GGs

You were right about the low pokes. I feel like I learned alot despite getting wrecked.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I still don't feel Karin is OP or anything. She's just really good. Trying to make this Cammy switch but not feeling it. I want Ed to drop though, I have painfully high hopes for him.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Was hoping for a more modern look, but this is actually kind of cool. Reminds me of Rolento with that 1940's Soldier/Boxer style.

why not. lets be honest if you want to win we all know who we have to learn. balance my ass season one was more balanced than this. the come back factor in this season is way too good
I liked season 1 more. Just had to tone down mika a bit. And of course Akuma was missing.

I still don't feel Karin is OP or anything. She's just really good. Trying to make this Cammy switch but not feeling it. I want Ed to drop though, I have painfully high hopes for him.
I don't think she's op either, but I do think she's high on the tier list.

EntropicByDesign

Hate the new Ed. I was REALLY hoping for his look from Story Mode. Like a little guy, who gets by using his powers.. not another muscled-out, pathetic-edged idiot.. Based on the look I'm now worried about some kind of boxer character which normally Id be super hyped for, but I was REALLY, like I said, for Story Mode Ed. Not.. this.. Whatever this guy is supposed to be? I get a knock-off Jojo's vibe from this guy. Even if we get his Eminem look from story, how will it work with that new model? Not gonna have the same vibe at all.

I mean, maybe we'll get a boxer/grappler? Shit if I know. And he has psychic powers? Knowing Capcom, this was supposed to be Abel, but they decided to do the whole, everyone new thing, so they butchered the model, called it Ed, and we'll get an unholy Laura/Balrog hybrid. All 'Rog's pressure, footsies, AA, 9000000000000 damage combos, all Laura's pressure into command grab guesses you can loop and a weird ass fireball to force autoblock so you cant do anything but stand there and die. I guess thats actually fine since I'm gonna buy and check him out like I do all DLC, and if anyone who plays this game needs a crutch, its me.

EntropicByDesign

I liked season 1 more. Just had to tone down mika a bit. And of course Akuma was missing.

I don't think she's op either, but I do think she's high on the tier list.

Yeah. I feel like she builds meter too fast.. thats it. If you scale back her ability to chain two bar combos then she's extremely reasonable. I know this sounds weird, but does anyone wonder if there was some stealth change to meter build? I swear it feels like since around Kolin's release, meter just feels more plentiful. Not just in MY games, but watching tournament stuff as well. Probably just me being me. Just feels weird.

Shrug. I dont think Im going to bother with my Cammy switch. Just stick with Karin. Ed should release someday? Maybe? and I'll need what little mental energy I can build up for him.

Yeah. I feel like she builds meter too fast.. thats it. If you scale back her ability to chain two bar combos then she's extremely reasonable. I know this sounds weird, but does anyone wonder if there was some stealth change to meter build? I swear it feels like since around Kolin's release, meter just feels more plentiful. Not just in MY games, but watching tournament stuff as well. Probably just me being me. Just feels weird.

Shrug. I dont think Im going to bother with my Cammy switch. Just stick with Karin. Ed should release someday? Maybe? and I'll need what little mental energy I can build up for him.
Are you talking about meter for Karin or meter as a whole for everyone?

EntropicByDesign

Are you talking about meter for Karin or meter as a whole for everyone?

As a whole. I'm sure I'm just seeing things but it just seems like everyone builds meter faster than they used to.. I don't have a comparison or anything, just seems that way.

Also, sets today? I leave for work around 8 but I'll be puttering around all day until then.

As a whole. I'm sure I'm just seeing things but it just seems like everyone builds meter faster than they used to.. I don't have a comparison or anything, just seems that way.

Also, sets today? I leave for work around 8 but I'll be puttering around all day until then.
Sorry bro barely saw your message, currently working then off to see the canelo vs Chavez fight. You'd probably hate me anyways since my connection is real bad lol. I'm not sure about the meter gains, honestly seem ok to me since there's characters like ibuki who rely on bars a lot. Who else? Maybe Bison? Anyways if there was a hidden meter building buff I honestly wouldn't mind.