What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

GGS man. Not quite ready for them platinum boys yet. I don't how you change characters like that.
Eh. I have a lot of friends I play with that are gold/silver so I usually random select vs them. I'm ok with pretty much everyone that's not a charge character, other than Urien. Who I main. I'm aware how dumb that is. I don't have legit setups with everyone though as that cammy set showed.

Eh. I have a lot of friends I play with that are gold/silver so I usually random select vs them. I'm ok with pretty much everyone that's not a charge character, other than Urien. Who I main. I'm aware how dumb that is. I don't have legit setups with everyone though as that cammy set showed.
So who's your main? I'm sure that would've been a slaughter.

Cool. I wish I had more time to play, but it's whatever. Nice to play people that are better than me.
GGs man I'm usually around at night after 10:30ish est if you wanna play. If I did have to give one piece of advice though it'd be use real frame traps slightly more often. Gimme a reason to not wanna jab. Ibuki has to work in the shenanigans but you gotta make me respect the real shit first.

Urien. And akuma is probably closest to him. After that probably ryu/Mika. And don't worry about it man you did fine lol.
Any suggestions? I still have a lot of bad habits like not punishing things properly and getting pushed to the corner to easily. Anything else?

GGs man I'm usually around at night after 10:30ish est if you wanna play. If I did have to give one piece of advice though it'd be use real frame traps slightly more often. Gimme a reason to not wanna jab. Ibuki has to work in the shenanigans but you gotta make me respect the real shit first.
Yeah, I don't study the game like that. I guess I'm using fake frame traps. I use the jump test in this game, but I don't think that's always correct as far as frame data goes.

Yeah, I don't study the game like that. I guess I'm using fake frame traps. I use the jump test in this game, but I don't think that's always correct as far as frame data goes.
Download the fat app and use the frame trap calculator. Makes it super simple. Just enter how much of a gap you wanna leave(1-4 frames usually) and it lists all of them for you.

@FL Rushdown @Nero_Milo or anyone who can reply.
Hey guys since both of you play or played akuma I have some questions for you.
1) I don't think I've ever seen Akumas raging demon done at a tournament, how 'really' viable is it to actually land that against a decent opponent?
2) How often do you guys use his dash? (DP+all 3 kicks), is it risky? Anytime where it's actually useful?
3) What do you do against an Akuma that spams jump in fireball? Like if I'm ryu should I block then attack? I'm lost at what to do against that.

@FL Rushdown @Nero_Milo
1) I don't think I've ever seen Akumas raging demon done at a tournament, how 'really' viable is it to actually land that against a decent opponent?
2) How often do you guys use his dash? (DP+all 3 kicks), is it risky? Anytime where it's actually useful?
3) What do you do against an Akuma that spams jump in fireball? Like if I'm ryu should I block then attack? I'm lost at what to do against that.
I don't know much about him. Have to defer to Rushdown.

@FL Rushdown @Nero_Milo
1) tokido lands them all the time and the fear of the demon is more useful than the demon itself at times. If you watch tokidos online matches see how many 300-500 dmg combos he gets off people holding up to avoid the demon when he goes for setups.

2)literally never.

3)dash under and full combo punish.

I don't know much about him. Have to defer to Rushdown.
My bad lol. Went with your avatar. Sorry.

1) tokido lands them all the time and the fear of the demon is more useful than the demon itself at times. If you watch tokidos online matches see how many 300-500 dmg combos he gets off people holding up to avoid the demon when he goes for setups.

2)literally never.

3)dash under and full combo punish.
Ah ok, thanks. Yea I kinda figured his dash was just a bad gimmick. And yea probably the fear of the demon is an advantage for Akuma. Kinda like how people mess up when mika got close to them I guess.

My bad lol. Went with your avatar. Sorry.

Ah ok, thanks. Yea I kinda figured his dash was just a bad gimmick. And yea probably the fear of the demon is an advantage for Akuma. Kinda like how people mess up when mika got close to them I guess.
It's not just the fear. The demon is useful in its own right. If you have the execution to do dash up or plinked demons they're very strong. Just picture it as a 1 frame startup command grab that does 400 dmg and has invincibility and 29 active frames.

It's not just the fear. The demon is useful in its own right. If you have the execution to do dash up or plinked demons they're very strong. Just picture it as a 1 frame startup command grab that does 400 dmg and has invincibility and 29 active frames.
Ok, so another question, you said the other day that once his RD is on startup you can't escape it, but I might have read wrong, I'm pretty sure its reactable, but when is it reactable? If akuma is at max reach distance? If you're not pressing buttons? For example if I'm sweep distance away and Akuma does it, I can jump out of it can't i?

Ok, so another question, you said the other day that once his RD is on startup you can't escape it, but I might have read wrong, I'm pretty sure its reactable, but when is it reactable? If akuma is at max reach distance? If you're not pressing buttons? For example if I'm sweep distance away and Akuma does it, I can jump out of it can't i?
Yeah you can jump it unless he does it from within it's grab range. Although there are tricks you can do to move forward before you do it.

Both demons were from the same range but the second one is unjumpable just because of what I canceled it out of. And you can cancel out of the v skill kick before it's active so you don't have to worry about hitting them. I just did it slow to make it easier to see what happened.

Yeah you can jump it unless he does it from within it's grab range. Although there are tricks you can do to move forward before you do it.

Both demons were from the same range but the second one is unjumpable just because of what I canceled it out of. And you can cancel out of the v skill kick before it's active so you don't have to worry about hitting them. I just did it slow to make it easier to see what happened.
Nice. Thanks for taking your time to reply, I appreciate it bro. Ok I've made my decision, I'm making Laura my third and maining Ryu and Akuma! Shotos for life!!! Lol.

Last edited: