What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
My friend was struggling with Cammy due to her lack on an overhead. I told him more hit confirms into throws on block, more neutral range fishing for crush counters, more use of V Skill to cross up. Seemed to help him.
Well i dont care about an overhead. This is not MKX :D. Most of my round ends are critical arts with chip dmg :D

Throws - Well imo lots of my throws get teched, maybe it´s just me beeing obvious ?

Crush Counters - I have heard about crush counters, but i still don´t really know what it is lol

V Skill - I get jabbed out of my V-Skill a lot so i rarely use it anymore. Most times i use this skill is to dodge projectiles into pressure. Íf timed right you can punish projectiles with this move

Cross - Today i found out that her jump in light kick can cross, that will help a lot , when i can integrate it in my play, because i get crossed a lot

well it´s not like i´m good with her :D. I do lots of risky stuff, which works a lot. When i face good people with kinda 3-4k+ Points i can´t do anything :D.

I´m also interested in learning others she is just the first character i used in this game. It makes fun playing her though :)
The funniest thing is that I used to main Cammy in ST then went to Gief for the other games lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
cammy :>.
Cammy is a great character. She opens people up in the neutral game (she has one of the best ranged normals in the game and EX cannon strike is her best tool. IA EX cannon strike is extremely useful at st. Mk range since it's pretty hard to AA, on hit it gives her a reset and on block she is at advantage, you will be using it a lot) and she also opens people up with frame traps and throws. Her best frame trap is st. Mp cr. Mp since you can hit confirm it into spiral arror, if they block the firts hit and try to press a button after, they will get hit by cr. Mp AND it aill count as a counter hit, meaning that it can combo into cr. Mk and you can also hit confirm cr. Mp cr. Mk into spiral arrow. So her go-to block string is st. Mp cr. Mp cr. Mk... You have two oportunities to hitconfirm. After they start to respect it you can mix it up with throws to open them up. V-skill is good but use it strategically.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Also don't even bother trying to crush counter as Cammy, her crush counters are horrible. St. Hk is a good AA and if it croush counters someone in the air, you can combo into cannon spike, it also gives her amazing damage for DP punishes, if you have V-trigger and Critical Art you can deal about 500 damage with her off a crush counter.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Cammy is a great character. She opens people up in the neutral game (she has one of the best ranged normals in the game and EX cannon strike is her best tool. IA EX cannon strike is extremely useful at st. Mk range since it's pretty hard to AA, on hit it gives her a reset and on block she is at advantage, you will be using it a lot) and she also opens people up with frame traps and throws. Her best frame trap is st. Mp cr. Mp since you can hit confirm it into spiral arror, if they block the firts hit and try to press a button after, they will get hit by cr. Mp AND it aill count as a counter hit, meaning that it can combo into cr. Mk and you can also hit confirm cr. Mp cr. Mk into spiral arrow. So her go-to block string is st. Mp cr. Mp cr. Mk... You have two oportunities to hitconfirm. After they start to respect it you can mix it up with throws to open them up. V-skill is good but use it strategically.
best ranged normal => you mean standing MK?
IA EX cannon strike = never thought about doing this lol
st Mp cr Mp cr Mk = i´ll try to use this more often.
V-Skill = yea in the beginning i used it really often, but in the 2000 Points i get punished a lot for doing this.
V-Trigger = this is probably the best option for opening people that don´t know cammy MU. Like this St. MP cr.Mp St. HP V-Trigger St. HP Combo. I open up a lot of people with this :D.
Throws = yea i miss throws a lot because they have such a short range. Also i´m really scared of wake ups :/.

Also don't even bother trying to crush counter as Cammy, her crush counters are horrible. St. Hk is a good AA and if it croush counters someone in the air, you can combo into cannon spike, it also gives her amazing damage for DP punishes, if you have V-trigger and Critical Art you can deal about 500 damage with her off a crush counter.
500 Dmg is nice :D

Well another thing. Lots of people stand in front of me when i´m on the ground and start to pressure me again. That cost me lots of games, because idk what to do :D (probably have to learn this quick rise stuff :confused:)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Cammy has a good walkspeed so shimmies and throws will be two of the best ways for you to open up your opponent. Cr.LP walk back -> F.HK will catch people trying to throw tech for good damage (especially with V-Trigger), and once they stop teching you can throw for free. They may also press buttons in which case you start using frame traps. I tend to go for cr.LP cr.MP cr.mk which combos if the cr.MP is a counter-hit.

Though shimmies work best on players who know what they're doing. Against the less skilled players you'll just eat a DP or mashed cr.lps. For these guys use frame-traps, mixups and meaty normals. After a HK Spiral Arrow you get a free dash up -> meaty St/cr.MP.

Her anti-airs are good. B.MP and cannon spike will see you through. EX hooligan -> Cannon strike is a good way to maintain pressure if your IA Cannon strikes aren't consistent. After it's blocked you can go for a throw, a shimmy or a frame-trap. People love pressing buttons in this game.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
best ranged normal => you mean standing MK?
IA EX cannon strike = never thought about doing this lol
st Mp cr Mp cr Mk = i´ll try to use this more often.
V-Skill = yea in the beginning i used it really often, but in the 2000 Points i get punished a lot for doing this.
V-Trigger = this is probably the best option for opening people that don´t know cammy MU. Like this St. MP cr.Mp St. HP V-Trigger St. HP Combo. I open up a lot of people with this :D.
Throws = yea i miss throws a lot because they have such a short range. Also i´m really scared of wake ups :/.

500 Dmg is nice :D

Well another thing. Lots of people stand in front of me when i´m on the ground and start to pressure me again. That cost me lots of games, because idk what to do :D (probably have to learn this quick rise stuff :confused:)
St. Mk, cr, mk, cr. Hp (when you have V-trigger, cr. Hp xx V-trigger is a great way to take your V-trigger out in the neutral, since if it hits you can combo into cr. Mk xx spiral arrow and on block it's plus) are all good normals and her EX cannon strike compliments her neutral great! Bad Cammy players go for meterless cannon strike, but don't do that... I mean, it's ok do it sometimes but make sure you don't press a button afterwards unless it hits.
And yeah, quick rising is pretty important, specially against some characters, she has a true reversal tho so people will always think twice before trying to meaty her.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Is there any particular reason why you can't just walk outside the range of attacks with wind-up like R.Mikas dropkick? You have to jump because you sit in blockstun before the attack even comes out

Is there any particular reason why you can't just walk outside the range of attacks with wind-up like R.Mikas dropkick? You have to jump because you sit in blockstun before the attack even comes out
Neutral jump that ish
EDIT: Did not read this fully, Its because of the proximity guard.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Proximity guard took me a while to get used to in SF4.

The amount of times I got hit with a lvl 3 Focus Attack because I was trying to walk out of the way... Just be happy that Mika's dropkick isn't unblockable.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Is it just me or is it way harder to find combos / frame traps etc. On the Internet? I don't wanna watch YouTube videos, I just want to have text combos etc.. For Cammy I watched some videos, but that kinda was taking so long :/

Is it just me or is it way harder to find combos / frame traps etc. On the Internet? I don't wanna watch YouTube videos, I just want to have text combos etc.. For Cammy I watched some videos, but that kinda was taking so long :/
Well the combos being shorter but more damaging and its still pretty early.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Now I know why I'm jumping out of these situations. When Chun Li is approaching behind her fireball the game has you proximity guarding for ages whilst she's still moving and the fireball hasn't even connected yet

HeroesNZ

I can help you with the Cammy-related stuff. Any Spiral Arrow (SA) ender can be substituted with HK Cannon spike (CS) for optimal damage. I don't know the exact damages of the combos by heart but I might update the post with damages and more combos tomorrow.

Cr.LP xx Spiral Arrow
B.MP HK Cannon spike (must be close)
Cr.LP xx CA
Cr.LP xx CS xx CA
V-Trigger St.LP xx SA CS

Cr.MP xx SA
Cr.MK/St.hp xx SA (Counterhit)
Cr.mp VT St.HP (Cr.mk if too far) xx SA CS
Cr.mp VT St.HP xx SA CA

St.HP xx SA
Cr.mk xx SA
St.HP VT St.HP/Cr.mk xx SA CS/CA (Critical Art)

Cr.MP xx SA/CS (optimal)
Cr.mp xx CA
Cr.mp xx CS xx CA
Cr.mp VT St.HP/Cr.mk xx SA xx CS/CA

Spiral Arrow/Cannon Spike
VT St.LP xx SA CS/CA
VT SA CS/CA

Target combo xx CS
TC xx CS xx CA
TC xx EX Hooligan Divekick CS

F.HK -> see above (optimal non-VT punishes)
St.HP xx SA
St.HP VT Cr.mk xx SA CS/CA
Slight walk up St.HK VT St.HP xx SA CS - optimal CC punish with VT
Dash up B.mp HK CS xx CA - highest damaging combo (508)

As for frame traps, St.mp, Cr.mp and Cr.LP are all +2 so using Cr.mp (5f) after any of them will beat any poke. Her V-skill is also +2. Regular Cannon strike can be plus if spaced correctly but will usually be minus. DP catches people pressing buttons after it though. EX Cannon Strike is fairly plus so go for St.mp/Cr.mp afterwards to beat their button.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Also when you have full V-trigger and CA, If you know it will kill you can use the Spiral Arrow into Cannon Spike xx CA ender. Otherwise don't waste the other half of your V-gauge for the Cannon Strike and go for raw CA, then you can use it for cannon strike (which is amazing while she's on V-trigger)

Is Laura considered a grappler? Lighting clap and her two dashes make her a versatile character more than anything right? Is she a strong character?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Is Laura considered a grappler? Lighting clap and her two dashes make her a versatile character more than anything right? Is she a strong character?
She is a hybrid, she is not completely a grappler. She has dirt but IMO, she is going to end up being low tier (being low tier doesn't make a character bad anyway). A lot of people are getting hit with a lot of gimmicks.
Like I explained before... Delaying your wake-up is basically giving her a free mix-up, she has trouble getting in and once she is in she can mix you up but one wrong and you lose your momentum completely, her V-skill "pressure" is a gimmick because all her cancels are - with the best one being cr. Mp xx V-skill at -1, her range is bad, no reversal...