What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Yea I hear you. She just seems so fun to play for me. I'm not the best scout out there but I see potential in her, but yea she's missing some things that will affect her against other characters.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
She is a hybrid, she is not completely a grappler. She has dirt but IMO, she is going to end up being low tier (being low tier doesn't make a character bad anyway). A lot of people are getting hit with a lot of gimmicks.
Like I explained before... Delaying your wake-up is basically giving her a free mix-up, she has trouble getting in and once she is in she can mix you up but one wrong and you lose your momentum completely, her V-skill "pressure" is a gimmick because all her cancels are - with the best one being cr. Mp xx V-skill at -1, her range is bad, no reversal...
Can't you v skill back into OH to catch people trying to press the advantage? Laura seems like a weird character where she makes her opponent confused when to hit buttons.

Plus Mike Ross showed off her "infinite" on capcom pro talk. :DOGE

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Can't you v skill back into OH to catch people trying to press the advantage? Laura seems like a weird character where she makes her opponent confused when to hit buttons.

Plus Mike Ross showed off her "infinite" on capcom pro talk. :DOGE
That's still a gimmick because you can just react with a jab. Not to mention her overhead is very punisheable.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Why is she that good in 5?
Her range is the best in the game, her normals are very good, she has a reversal, her main combo comes from a light move (she is the only character with this IIRC, Cammy can do it too but she has to be literally in your face to do it), her damage is ok, her V-trigger is amazing (some people think it's the best in the game), her fireball is good and great walkspeed.

Her range is the best in the game, her normals are very good, she has a reversal, her main combo comes from a light move (she is the only character with this IIRC, Cammy can do it too but she has to be literally in your face to do it), her damage is ok, her V-trigger is amazing (some people think it's the best in the game), her fireball is good and great walkspeed.
Cool, her v-trigger adds more hits or damage to all her specials right?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
listen sun he asked the boy so the boy's gonna tell em how it really be. here's some nice chun stuff

and watch this one

thank me later

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
No, the forward dash only, but if she goes for the back dash you can block in time anything she does.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Would that part between knowing you can block after the backdash but also that she could forward dash or oh or whatever else, wouldn't that be how she got her hits in?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Would that part between knowing you can block after the backdash but also that she could forward dash or oh or whatever else, wouldn't that be how she got her hits in?
Doing a jab on reaction covers all the options, she can go for a bolt clap after V-skill back but you can also hit her with a better button and bolt clap disappears if she gets hit.
I forgot to mention that you should only use jab against cr. Mp and st. Mp into V-skill since those are her safest options. You can use a slower button against any other cancel and it's even better.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@HeroesNZ ty for the combos, i already knew most of them :>.

Well as soon as my Cammy reaches level 30, i´m going to add a second character to my roster.
The purpose would be that i wanna learn those matchups, if i play the characters for some time, i can imo learn a lot.

What do you think?

I probably look into Dhalsim, because i like his firestyle Jutsus and gum gum power :cool:.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You can't zone, you can't rushdown, you can't runaway and you can't get off the ground. You can't even play footsies realistically because it's meaningles pokes vs crush counters, buffers and jumps

You aren't given anything to win with using the character. You only win by outplaying your opponent and using universal mechanics which two things everyone else gets more out of than him anywhere.

What is going on with F.A.N.G?

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You can't zone, you can't rushdown, you can't runaway and you can't get off the ground. You can't even play footsies realistically because it's meaningles pokes vs crush counters, buffers and jumps

Dont use footsies just command dash at people from full screen and grab them. Sometimes use the V skill cos they will jump so you can use c.hp. Also his sweep is 2 hits which is 100% more hits than other characters in the game. His super is also very OP, he jumps in the air and flaps like a bird.

You aren't given anything to win with using the character. You only win by outplaying your opponent and using universal mechanics which two things everyone else gets more out of than him anywhere.

hes got the most lethal poisons and looks like slenderman.
best designed character in the roster

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I just noticed it. What is this character actually helping me do in this game?

I'm the one playing footsies, baiting reversals and punishing throw techs. All F.A.N.Gs doing is making me work harder for everything

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I just noticed it. What is this character actually helping me do in this game?

I'm the one playing footsies, baiting reversals and punishing throw techs. All F.A.N.Gs doing is making me work harder for everything
Take a photo of yourself laying down in a corner to keep for inspiration!