What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I just noticed it. What is this character actually helping me do in this game?

I'm the one playing footsies, baiting reversals and punishing throw techs. All F.A.N.Gs doing is making me work harder for everything
Hes helping you get free poison damage over time so you dont have to work as hard for everything lol

You can't zone, you can't rushdown, you can't runaway and you can't get off the ground. You can't even play footsies realistically because it's meaningles pokes vs crush counters, buffers and jumps

You aren't given anything to win with using the character. You only win by outplaying your opponent and using universal mechanics which two things everyone else gets more out of than him anywhere.

What is going on with F.A.N.G?
DSP?

At first I thought fang was real strong, does his vskill poison fireballs never stop taking life bar until you hit him? Don't know about his rank once we test him out more but his design as a character I do not like, I mean his super is funny but cheapish in a way.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Hes helping you get free poison damage over time so you dont have to work as hard for everything lol
This character is holding me back. Watch when Juri comes out

Everything I've heard, seen and spoken about just points to the character being unviable. Somewhere on SRK Ultradavid has F.A.N.G down as 0 winning match-ups and 9 losing ones... How in earth do you lose to more than half the characters in the game

At first I thought fang was real strong, does his vskill poison fireballs never stop taking life bar until you hit him? Don't know about his rank once we test him out more but his design as a character I do not like, I mean his super is funny but cheapish in a way.
It doesn't take a lot of life (like 50 which is less than 1 hadouken over it's entire duration), it takes life really slowly and it goes away if you hit him anyway.

I'm having an awful time doing dhalsim's teleport, I'm on pad so it seems difficult, seems like you have to press all three punch or kick buttons exactly at the same time after the DP input. On stick it's easier I imagine.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I'm having an awful time doing dhalsim's teleport, I'm on pad so it seems difficult, seems like you have to press all three punch or kick buttons exactly at the same time after the DP input. On stick it's easier I imagine.
Use the L1 or L2 button for those inputs, by default it is PPP and KKK.

In 4 you needed 3p to get ultras and on pad thats Square + Triangle + L1, which is pretty awkward, so yeah.
Sticks with 8 buttons also bind 3p and 3k to their 4th row button by default.
But in tournaments you wouldn't be able to use those 3P/K buttons right? Aren't those considered macro or something like that? Or did people that play SF 4 use those in tourneys?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
But in tournaments you wouldn't be able to use those 3P/K buttons right? Aren't those considered macro or something like that? Or did people that play SF 4 use those in tourneys?
It's allowed. It's built into the game so it's fine. Generally, the types of macros that are banned are things that are not built into the game, or macros involving recorded motions and button sequences (controller macro record functions).