What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

heres the round that got me plat. the headbutt was bad but I think the sequence before was just straight up urien things. thanks shazzy I needed some motivation.

Edit: AW FUCK. I shoulda put the guile theme on that. Epic jokes missed. My bad everybody. I may now be platinum but my jokes are bronze. I'm sorry.
Bruh where's the Iron Man skin

heres the round that got me plat. the headbutt was bad but I think the sequence before was just straight up urien things. thanks shazzy I needed some motivation.

Edit: AW FUCK. I shoulda put the guile theme on that. Epic jokes missed. My bad everybody. I may now be platinum but my jokes are bronze. I'm sorry.
Congrats man!

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

nice work man

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The faint isnt good man the start up is too slow. Not useless but not good. Id trade the faint for it to be +3 on hit all the time.
what's the tradeoff for taking a 1/3 of health that it's not an unreactable, unblockable overhead? that's silly

Why can't we all combo off our overheads let alone be safe and do a billion damage? why can't all other characters vtrigger cancel there dps? Why can't we all have throw loops and oki after everything. It's just balance man

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Nice man!

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

Can I have an autograph? :DOGE

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
what's the tradeoff for taking a 1/3 of health that it's not an unreactable, unblockable overhead? that's silly

Why can't we all combo off our overheads let alone be safe and do a billion damage? why can't all other characters vtrigger cancel there dps? Why can't we all have throw loops and oki after everything. It's just balance man
the tradeoff is that they are making it unsafe on block. Ken cant consistently combo off it because its only +3 on ducking or meaty and on ducking bigs it doesnt combo. If it was +3 always on hit the risk reward would be closer to even with this new change. Id even take-5 on block to have it +3on hit. But it aint gonna happen and it doesnt completely kill the character but it seemed like they gave him this move to compensate for what they took in season 1 and now they are taking this as well.

the tradeoff is that they are making it unsafe on block. Ken cant consistently combo off it because its only +3 on ducking or meaty and on ducking bigs it doesnt combo. If it was +3 always on hit the risk reward would be closer to even with this new change. Id even take-5 on block to have it +3on hit. But it aint gonna happen and it doesnt completely kill the character but it seemed like they gave him this move to compensate for what they took in season 1 and now they are taking this as well.
Eh. I mean it being unsafe is fine. Honestly I'd prefer he just couldn't combo off it unless it was a ch. but I've never played a character that can combo off an overhead or one that had a safe overhead so what do I know. I think you're all getting off too easy.

See if you can spot the:DOGE.

In all seriousness though, fuck Ken. He's been the king of doing shit that shouldn't work but miraculously does for the entirety of sfv. I don't want him balanced I want him broken.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
they gave him the comboable overhead to compensate it being completely safe on block isn't necessary.

on big characters so like 3 characters? My crossup doesn't grant me combos on big characters too that's just how it is sometimes maybe they'll fix it who knows

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Anyone want games at all today? I really do want to play some Gief.

@ me here or @ me in Discord so I hear/see the notification if you want games. This would be day 1 Gief.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Eh. I mean it being unsafe is fine. Honestly I'd prefer he just couldn't combo off it unless it was a ch. but I've never played a character that can combo off an overhead or one that had a safe overhead so what do I know. I think you're all getting off too easy.

See if you can spot the:DOGE.

In all seriousness though, fuck Ken. He's been the king of doing shit that shouldn't work but miraculously does for the entirety of sfv. I don't want him balanced I want him broken.
all i saw you post was :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
What do you guys think of the first hit of Ryu's B.RH into EX fireball in v trigger? It seems to grant enough advantage to get a decent charge on the fireball and still beats out 3f normals if timed correctly. Do you think this can set up viable guard crush situations against good players? That may be a stretch but it seems to be a decent way to get people to press a button or jump because the charge is pretty quick so I usually end up at least landing the fireball. It will obviously lose out to reversals but doesn't seem too high risk if you don't go for a full charge.

Last edited:
As Ryu, what's the best way to fight dhalsim? I'm having trouble with his teleport. Is he vulnerable immediately after he teleports? As in if he teleports what can I do aside from blocking?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
As Ryu, what's the best way to fight dhalsim? I'm having trouble with his teleport. Is he vulnerable immediately after he teleports? As in if he teleports what can I do aside from blocking?
He is vulnerable. There is recovery. I dont have a ton of Sim experience, but the few times Ive run up against a Sim that really made teleport a problem, Id start trying to jab him out when he tele'd. Others will have better advice, but that has worked for me the couple times Ive faced Sims.

He is vulnerable. There is recovery. I dont have a ton of Sim experience, but the few times Ive run up against a Sim that really made teleport a problem, Id start trying to jab him out when he tele'd. Others will have better advice, but that has worked for me the couple times Ive faced Sims.
Thanks bro I appreciate it.