What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You could hit a 4 frame button and trade then lol. Also nah, it has the startup of a sweep and can only be canceled into v trigger it still does what it's supposed to. If you were getting bopped by uriens doing up close cr mk into cr jab combos it wasn't cause that button was too good.
Beating his buttons is better than trading and being put at a distance where Urien has better pokes. And I never said anything about cr.MK on hit. I was purely talking about him having a long range poke that is plus on block. It's about getting your turn back in both cases.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
expanded hitbox during crouch (which has just been expanded again)
I don't think they expanded it again. The fixes that were listed on the bottom were purely confirmations of what happened in the Kolin patch that they never released official notes for. Her only change was for the legs input where you mash kicks.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.

my thoughts but you can fit Balrog and Laura in "wtf seriously" tier too
Shrug, I mostly agree, except Boxer/Laura in WTF tier, which you mention yourself. But I feel like Ryu might be close to WTF happened. I know you dont agree obviously, but shrug. You really think Juri is that bad huh?

Is this list assuming patch release or based on current?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Shrug, I mostly agree, except Boxer/Laura in WTF tier, which you mention yourself. But I feel like Ryu might be close to WTF happened. I know you dont agree obviously, but shrug. You really think Juri is that bad huh?

Is this list assuming patch release or based on current?
Credit goes to Marn for this but it's accurate going off the information we have now about what s2.1 will look like.

"Wtf happened" tier to me means " you never see anybody playing these characters/ what happened to them" not that they're unviable. what happened to ryu isn't a mystery so he doesn't belong there

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't think they expanded it again. The fixes that were listed on the bottom were purely confirmations of what happened in the Kolin patch that they never released official notes for. Her only change was for the legs input where you mash kicks.
gotcha, makes sense

God Confirm

The AA change...eh, from the little Chun I've seen in S2, it's not horrific. I've actually seen very little impact...but my exp is obviously limited. Not that I'm saying you're wrong.
its pretty bad. Aside from the slower start up, here is a visual of how her hitbox shrunk.

The VT duration will probably get adjusted in a future update, but that definitely needed to change in some manner.
Agreed, if Capcom wants to take away all her dirt like plus on block iaLL and as you said, 3f jab that leads to st.MP, fine thats fair enough. But if we are going to go down that route and she is going to be built in a way where she plays the neutral till she can VTrigger, then VTrigger needs to matter and not be 3/4s done by the time your opponent stands up. It's the number one change I would like to see.

EntropicByDesign

Credit goes to Marn for this but it's accurate going off the information we have now about what s2.1 will look like.

"Wtf happened" tier to me means " you never see anybody playing these characters/ what happened to them" not that they're unviable. what happened to ryu isn't a mystery so he doesn't belong there
Gotcha

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
on a positive note that frame 1 invincibility Against air normals universal change is very nice. I'm surprised they let Guile in on that buff and excluded Necalli apparently but that's prob a typo

needed that for divekicks And dumbass gief j. MK type normals

EntropicByDesign

I kinda think I'm gonna pick up Gief... I messed around on Cammy and all signs point to PLAY THIS CHARACTER, but I just LIKE Karin... I've been wanting a fireball character but Guile just doesn't excite me and Ryu is great, but again, just not hype, but on Gief, it's so hype when you scoop someone, he's FUN to play.

Who here wants to be my Gief sensei?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
You sure it's a low?
In Season 2, Dhalsim is in a much stronger place overall. For all his improvements however, he was still lacking a low attack that did not leave him severely disadvantaged. With the addition of this attack, we feel Dhalsim now has the complete set of tools to do well in the right hands.

It seems like they want you to think that but who knows.

In Season 2, Dhalsim is in a much stronger place overall. For all his improvements however, he was still lacking a low attack that did not leave him severely disadvantaged. With the addition of this attack, we feel Dhalsim now has the complete set of tools to do well in the right hands.

It seems like they want you to think that but who knows.
Ah. I honestly just skimmed it. From the move name I assumed it'd be a mid/straight.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
So just so im sure can someone correct me if im wrong(salt incoming)

So kens thunder kick is 26 frame start up which is slower than season 1 and is now going to be -4 on block which is what it was in season 1 and can only be comboed from if its meaty or opp is ducking but not if you are against a big character it doesnt combo on them ducking. But Ibukis OH is 28 frame start up always +3 on hit and will remain-2 on block....

Uriens ex low knee drop +6 on block but ken ex air tatsu couldnt be plus anymore?

Im starting to see a pattern here. Oh and come on the top teirs got off way too easy. No throw os is a huge buff for laura, rog looses a bees dick of health and cammy WTF.

Last edited:
So just so im sure can someone correct me if im wrong(salt incoming)

So kens thunder kick is 26 frame start up which is slower than season 1 and is now going to be -4 on block which is what it was in season 1 and can only be comboed from if its meaty or opp is ducking but not if you are against a big character it doesnt combo on them ducking. But Ibukis OH is 28 frame start up always +3 on hit and will remain-2 on block....

Uriens ex low knee drop +6 on block but ken ex air tatsu couldnt be plus anymore?

Im starting to see a pattern here. Oh and come on the top teirs got off way too easy. No throw os is a huge buff for laura, rog looses a bees dick of health and cammy WTF.
It's actually not +6 unless you hit on the last frame. In reality it's usually gonna be in the 2-4 range and it costs a bar. Jk uriens busted. It's op af.

Japan says he's midtier.

Everybody. In light of shazzys recent attacks on my integrity I have decided to play ranked after work for the last two nights. I unfortunately was wrong and apologize to shazzy deeply. I'm now ultra silver and he was right all along.

Jk we platinum now. 20 game winstreak from super to ultra and a 6 game winstreak to end it. Last set ended a smurfs winstreak that thought she was tough.

Shazzy in 10 seconds "plat is the new gold, get diamond lul".

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@WB-chan man thanks for the Chun info. Really sucks she's trash tier, she's also been a fav of mine. Also like a renowned icon of Street Fighter you think she'd be solid just based on her popularity

God Confirm

@WB-chan man thanks for the Chun info. Really sucks she's trash tier, she's also been a fav of mine. Also like a renowned icon of Street Fighter you think she'd be solid just based on her popularity
don't let it discourage you, I still play her and she's still playable. This is purely opinion, but the difference in power level between characters isn't that crazy to me. A longer VTrigger and a better AA is basically all I think she NEEDS, some QOL would be nice too but its all good. Regardless, shes still the only character that does what she does, nobody is "a better Chun than Chun", and really, from here she can only go upwards.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ibukis overhead can't be faked out? And hers Doesn't lead to 300 something damage? Idk lul
The faint isnt good man the start up is too slow. Not useless but not good. Id trade the faint for it to be +3 on hit all the time.

Last edited: