Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul Daigo got crush countered by champ's wakeup hk slide too I feel vindicated

dhalsim bums are going to do it now too

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Joking aside, I don't understand the Guile top 5 stuff. I think he's a solid character , a+, but not the broken mess people thought at the beginning of the season.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Du 4-0s Ricky. Du's Guile gets zero games on Fudo's Mika . Du 5-3 the best Sim

"Why would you play Mika" -bumdown 2017, ultra silver extraordinaire

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't think any of the characters I listed lack in any area in a real enough way that you could call it a weakness. However I'd rather be in the corner vs a meterless Urien than the other 3. I'd also rather have to rely on him dropping a combo or goofing a setup/meaty than the others just because he IS going to more than the others. I don't think he's worse than the others just that he's probably less consistent and a bit of that has to do with how overly complicated and spacing dependent some of his wonkier setups can be(and how easily a lot of them are countered by having the correct matchup knowledge, a lot of his setups get far simpler if you just know how to wakeup or what you can vreversal).
Would being able to pick the wakeup for more convoluted setups really soften his trigger comeback potential? That doesn't really take away from the fact he wins off very easy setups too.

For me, wakeup in the corner wouldn't matter to me if one character edged out a other if both are powerful.

But really thinking about it though. Does Urien really need meter for offense? His meter doesn't seemed used for that much of a damage or offense increase, unless he's doing trigger or c.HP combos. doesn't urien have better neutral than Laura so it'd be easier for him to keep you cornered? And he has just as good plus frames and traps as cammy but more mixup potential.

To me I think Urien has do better in more MUs than those 3 simply cause he seems to have the most options for tools (decent projectile, trigger, great buttons, adding armor to specials). And all his things are great. The worst thing he has got is his reversal game isn't true DP like. Is there a MU that any of those 3 win that Urien doesn't? Are there are more MUs for any of those 3 where they at least perform better than Urien?

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
@FL Rushdown so I deleted mkx l. That chapter in my life is over. Should have done it a long time ago tbh. I'm not promising I'll put huge time into the game because once injustice 2 drops I'm sure I will be locked in a room somewhere 24/7 in the lab on that game lol. But I still want to play sfv from a casual standpoint at least. The online is terrible so I know I can't take it too seriously but I still want to play and enjoy playing when I do hop on and the only way to do that is to actually sit down and learn the game from someone. So whenever you are free lmk and maybe you can walk me though some of the struggles I'm having. Discord would work perfectly because of the chat option and would make like 1000000 times easier.

-p.s. Fucking still having nightmares about playing ur Urien

Would being to pick the wakeup for more convoluted setups really soften his trigger comeback potential? That doesn't really take away from the fact he wins off very easy setups too.

For me, wakeup in the corner wouldn't matter to me if one character edged out a other if both are powerful. But really thinking about it though. Does Urien really need meter for offense? His meter doesn't seemed used for that much of a damage or offense increase, unless he's doing trigger or c.HP combos. doesn't urien have better neutral than Laura so it'd be easier for him to keep you cornered? And he has just as good plus frames and traps as cammy but more mixup potential.

To me I think Urien has do better in more MUs than those 3 simply cause he seems to have the most options for tools (decent projectile, trigger, great buttons, adding armor to specials). And all his things are great. The worst thing he has good is his reversal game isn't true DP like. Is ther there a MU that any of those 3 win that Urien doesn't? Are there are more MUs for any of those 3 where they at least perform better than Urien?
Urien uses meter for a lot of things on offense. Frame trapping with cr hp and confirming into ex fireball to stay safe, using meter for side switches, and he needs it for most of his advanced setups.

That being said I think you're overrating his frame traps. They're actually pretty whack in some matchups. really his only legit traps are st mp into cr mp or cr jab, and st lk into st jab. The rest have gaps or can be low profiled(obviously there's wonky shit like a point blank cr mk into cr jab, but that's a slightly unrealistic scenario.

@FL Rushdown so I deleted mkx l. That chapter in my life is over. Should have done it a long time ago tbh. I'm not promising I'll put huge time into the game because once injustice 2 drops I'm sure I will be locked in a room somewhere 24/7 in the lab on that game lol. But I still want to play sfv from a casual standpoint at least. The online is terrible so I know I can't take it too seriously but I still want to play and enjoy playing when I do hop on and the only way to do that is to actually sit down and learn the game from someone. So whenever you are free lmk and maybe you can walk me though some of the struggles I'm having. Discord would work perfectly because of the chat option and would make like 1000000 times easier.

-p.s. Fucking still having nightmares about playing ur Urien
There are better people than me that you could learn from but if you wanna play I'd be happy to.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Urien uses meter for a lot of things on offense. Frame trapping with cr hp and confirming into ex fireball to stay safe, using meter for side switches, and he needs it for most of his advanced setups.
I meant he doesn't tack on meter for increased damage. He does it after he hits. So he's still dangerous without meter. It just he's not as crazy after he hits.

And even then you can't take just the situation of who you want to face without meter. It sounds like his meter gives him the most potential among these suggested top 4.

That being said I think you're overrating his frame traps. They're actually pretty whack in some matchups. really his only legit traps are st mp into cr mp or cr jab, and st lk into st jab. The rest have gaps or can be low profiled(obviously there's wonky shit like a point blank cr mk into cr jab, but that's a slightly unrealistic scenario.
What did you think I meant about his frame traps? I was just saying he's got useful frame traps. Being able to trap into his mediums is good enough for his character.

I don't have him and I'm just piecing the picture together. I just don't see an area he really lacks in besides reversal. And he has a toolset that seems like it handles a variety of situations compared to Balrog, Laura, and Cammy. Not that his stuff is overall better in every situation compared to them but that he's built for more than those characters, if that makes sense. And he makes up the slight reversal issue with his massive health pool.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
ggs @Rip Torn if I would have known you were a rashid player I would of warned you how free I would of been. Him and vega I have no Idea how to fight against lol.
GGs, you weren't free at all. I felt like I was always the one that had to do stuff. Just remember my st.HK got nerfed pretty bad. It's -4 now. Also, lp spinning mixer is -2 on block. Most of those matches could have gone either way and they pretty much did.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
GGs, you weren't free at all. I felt like I was always the one that had to do stuff. Just remember my st.HK got nerfed pretty bad. It's -4 now. Also, lp spinning mixer is -2 on block. Most of those matches could have gone either way and they pretty much did.
Doesn't he have like 6 versions of spinning mixer? I am always afraid to press buttons after them cuz I am expecting the ex mixer. Is S. Hk the CC flip kick thing I will have to remember that cant recall if the push back let me get anything decent off it my fastest meterless punish starts with a 6 frame which suck balls when in pressure.

Yeah a lot were pretty close but as soon as you got me to the corner it was pretty much GG was so scared of eating a CC and getting put in the corner.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Doesn't he have like 6 versions of spinning mixer? I am always afraid to press buttons after them cuz I am expecting the ex mixer. Is S. Hk the CC flip kick thing I will have to remember that cant recall if the push back let me get anything decent off it my fastest meterless punish starts with a 6 frame which suck balls when in pressure.

Yeah a lot were pretty close but as soon as you got me to the corner it was pretty much GG was so scared of eating a CC and getting put in the corner.
Yes, st. HK is the flip kick that that CC's. You might not be able to punish it at all but you don't have to block after it. You can probably press a light button if I do it too close.

Spinning mixer is -2 unless I space it out. Also, If I do the one that goes through the tornado and hits you like 20 times (you always v-reversal it - good) is 0 on block. You do have to watch out for ex- mixer after but just watch my meter and decide if it's worth it.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yes, st. HK is the flip kick that that CC's. You might not be able to punish it at all but you don't have to block after it. You can probably press a light button if I do it too close.

Spinning mixer is -2 unless I space it out. Also, If I do the one that goes through the tornado and hits you like 20 times (you always v-reversal it - good) is 0 on block. You do have to watch out for ex- mixer after but just watch my meter and decide if it's worth it.
Awesome thanks for the info. I think your where doing the double overhead looking f.HP (maybe) move that always hit me after. His vskill is super good for mind fuckery, rashid looks super fun wonder why more ppl dont play him.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Awesome thanks for the info. I think your where doing the double overhead looking f.HP (maybe) move that always hit me after. His vskill is super good for mind fuckery, rashid looks super fun wonder why more ppl dont play him.
cr.HP is the double hitting long range attack but it's not an overhead. It's -2 on block. The overhead is f.HP and it only hits once. It's the one where he does a little hop in the air and comes down with an elbow. That's -6 on block.

I need to learn dhalsim too. I need to deal with drill kick and gale better. I'm getting better at dealing with his teleport though...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
cr.HP is the double hitting long range attack but it's not an overhead. It's -2 on block. The overhead is f.HP and it only hits once. It's the one where he does a little hop in the air and comes down with an elbow. That's -6 on block.

I need to learn dhalsim too. I need to deal with drill kick and gale better. I'm getting better at dealing with his teleport though...
Yeah I knew it was a overhead I just didnt know how to describe it without saying oh lol. I know his actual over head is punishable but fuck if I can block it after a low. You did fine with with the drills I have more setups for the but I was so scared to move around I didn't even think about trying different ones. Pretty much if it hits at the knee you can contest with a 3frame but below that it will be a CH. Yeah you blew up my IAT's most of the time its pretty easy to 3frame on reaction once you get used to watching the startup.

Is wakeup ex mixer invincible? My oki is really bad for sim most of it has to be damn near frame perfect if I want to combo from it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah I knew it was a overhead I just didnt know how to describe it without saying oh lol. I know his actual over head is punishable but fuck if I can block it after a low. You did fine with with the drills I have more setups for the but I was so scared to move around I didn't even think about trying different ones. Pretty much if it hits at the knee you can contest with a 3frame but below that it will be a CH. Yeah you blew up my IAT's most of the time its pretty easy to 3frame on reaction once you get used to watching the startup.

Is wakeup ex mixer invincible? My oki is really bad for sim most of it has to be damn near frame perfect if I want to combo from it.
Ex mixer is always invincible until frame 11. Gale seems like a real good oki tool but I'll admit that I don't know what he gets off of every knockdown. All I know is that the throw/gale mixup seems pretty real.

With the drill setups it feels like sim is always getting plus frames and i need to figure out how to stop that. Maybe cr. Mp will beat it...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Ex mixer is always invincible until frame 11. Gale seems like a reak good oki tool but I'll admit that I don't know what he gets off of every knockdown. All I know is that the throw/gale mixup seems pretty real.
The throw is not real oki from what I heard he gets nothing off of the throw that forces you to block. Maybe in the corner if you you nothing invincible to wake up with.

Disclaimer: I am not a lab guy so anything I say could be completely false lol.

Last edited: