What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What is there to handle? If you get hit once you lose and Capcom has gone out of their way to ensure you get hit

I just use characters I like. No person would actually choose to use a character that can't even have a 5-5 match-up...

There's the all inclusive Chun-Li footsie package and there's the discount F.A.N.G deal which gives you normals at the cost of being a functional character
What character are you playing against that has 100 damage attacks?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Alex looks so cool. A lot of people are hating on him lol.

Also, his V-skill looks interesting. He will be able to get CC combos off a stunned oponent, that sounds super scary. Guard breaking move and his Critical Art won't be a grab, which means he will be the only grappler who will be able to chip someone out with a CA.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Thankfully I haven't run into any rage-quitters yet. Hell, I've taken some nasty beatings online and not once have I even considered it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What character are you playing against that has 100 damage attacks?
The dude is constantly on this F.A.N.G sucks crusade. Wanted to use Sonic Fox as evidence . . . Don't bother paying attention to him. No point in it. F.A.N.G doesn't have an SRK so you have to disregard the amazing normals, hurting people without touching them, the anime like setups. I'm not to sure how you punish the super besides with Chun-Li V-skill. F.A.N.G probably has top 3 cross up in the game. But none of that matters and you can't win any matches because if you get cornered your opponent can OS your wakeup.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The dude is constantly on this F.A.N.G sucks crusade. Wanted to use Sonic Fox as evidence . . . Don't bother paying attention to him. No point in it. F.A.N.G doesn't have an SRK so you have to disregard the amazing normals, hurting people without touching them, the anime like setups. I'm not to sure how you punish the super besides with Chun-Li V-skill. F.A.N.G probably has top 3 cross up in the game. But none of that matters and you can't win any matches because if you get cornered your opponent can OS your wakeup.
Yeah I know I was going for the set up lol. Birdie actually can punish his super with upchain though, its pretty sick. Godamn is his cross up annoying though, shit is like an injustice jump in that autocorrects like an MK one. Yeah Fang is good lol

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The game needs to slow down or F.A.N.G needs to speed up and actually start playing it which would mean giving him an actual escape option and making poison matter. A character solely reliant on pokes/poison with no defensive options in a game with a lot of pressure and high damage cannot compete and how Dhalsim has been adjusted from Sf4 to SFV is a perfect example of it. F.A.N.G is still playing SF4

Not to mention F.A.N.G. takes advantage of the white health really good since if you get hit by his poison, all that white health will be taken, he migt take advantage of that mechanic better than anyone actually.
The characters that kill you with combos take advantage of the white health best because there isn't any health left to regenerate.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
The game needs to slow down or F.A.N.G needs to speed up and actually start playing it which would mean giving him an actual escape option and making poison matter. A character solely reliant on pokes/poison with no defensive options in a game with a lot of pressure and high damage cannot compete and how Dhalsim has been adjusted from Sf4 to SFV is a perfect example of it. F.A.N.G is still playing SF4

The characters that kill you with combos take advantage of the white health best because there isn't any health left to regenerate.
Fangs v reversal seems good at getting out of pressure. And that slide thing as well. Hes really good at keeping ppl away and poking from far away

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

There is no SF game where good pokes don't get you far. It's like complaining that Guile doesn't play pressure game. Stay back, pick your shots and whittle your opponent down. I'm enjoying playing him and doing all my spacing. Especially when I outspace a majority of the cast.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
There is no SF game where good pokes don't get you far. It's like complaining that Guile doesn't play pressure game. Stay back, pick your shots and whittle your opponent down. I'm enjoying playing him and doing all my spacing. Especially when I outspace a majority of the cast.
Yep. This game in particular is very footsies-oriented.