What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@FL Rushdown back. Mika was my no struggle honest character. F.A.N.G. is a fun but sometimes I don't want to have to play immaculately for 90% of the match. I need another character I win with, that's fun, that doesn't require a lot.

Anyone else want to get in on some lobby action?

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What are the benefits of backdashing on wakeup?

I nearly never do it, as it's not invincible and gets crush countered. Seems to me like if you read a command grab, you should just neutral jump. And if you read a regular throw, you should just jump OS tech. Yet, I see a lot of good players back dashing? I feel like I'm missing something.

Only thing I can think of is that some characters can make the regular throws whiff and get an actual punish, whereas the jump tech OS would just get you out of there. Seems like quite a risky read though, given the CC possibility.
Backdashing on wakeup is good after certain situations.

E.g S2 Ken f.throw, Ken must do st hk or sweep in order to catch your backdash

S1 Chun f.throw, her dash setup left her at 0 while she pressed her 3f jab to beat anything characters with 4f+ had. Backdashing would get you hit by the jab but but you'd air recovery out of another jab's range

Vs Ken there can be some shenanigans where the Ken hit confirms cr mk into dp/tatsu but because you backdashed into air recovery they both whiff and you punish.

Basically you can backdash at the cost of eating a button. Often times that button is not very hurtful if you know where to do it.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Backdashing on wakeup is good after certain situations.

E.g S2 Ken f.throw, Ken must do st hk or sweep in order to catch your backdash

S1 Chun f.throw, her dash setup left her at 0 while she pressed her 3f jab to beat anything characters with 4f+ had. Backdashing would get you hit by the jab but but you'd air recovery out of another jab's range

Vs Ken there can be some shenanigans where the Ken hit confirms cr mk into dp/tatsu but because you backdashed into air recovery they both whiff and you punish.

Basically you can backdash at the cost of eating a button. Often times that button is not very hurtful if you know where to do it.
Thanks, that makes sense. So basically in places where you assume you may get hit, but by a relatively non-threatening button that doesn't lead to much.

Perhaps good after Zangief SPDs then? Given that he only gets lights (or nothing in the case of lp SPD). Edit: actually, maybe not, if the lights keep you grounded, which they may - I can't remember.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thanks, that makes sense. So basically in places where you assume you may get hit, but by a relatively non-threatening button that doesn't lead to much.

Perhaps good after Zangief SPDs then? Given that he only gets lights (or nothing in the case of lp SPD). Edit: actually, maybe not, if the lights keep you grounded, which they may - I can't remember.
Be careful backdashing after SPD's. After a light SPD you should be fine but after Medium, Hard or EX he can crush counter you with standing HK and put you right back into a 50/50.

Also after air HP and air EX SPD he is +2 after dashing in so he can also CC you for backdashing after those.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Be careful backdashing after SPD's. After a light SPD you should be fine but after Medium, Hard or EX he can crush counter you with standing HK and put you right back into a 50/50.

Also after air HP and air EX SPD he is +2 after dashing in so he can also CC you for backdashing after those.
@Paul the Octopus Take everything above and add that I can instant air heavy Borscht Dynamite you if I read back dash and then you're still right there.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Nah I was just abusing it cause you kept trying to jab. Wanted to let ya know it was plus lol.
I thought it was like -4 and i was just being late and it was pissing me off to no end. Well I am really glad I know that now though. I tried looking for the frame data for it but without knowing the inputs or the move name I was lost. I also found out you don't even need to jump first before IA tp and gale, I am way too noob lol.