What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NHDR

Noob
So am I right in thinking that in the neutral and playing footsies Cammy is a nightmare for Akuma?
IMO, yes! I think its a bad matchup. You play him the same way you would Ryu, just with a worse overall ground game. Add in the low health and voila. I had a gut feeling this was gonna be a hard match the moment I read that Akuma's fireball game was nerfed before he was even released.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think I'll give Cammy another go. No better time than right now right?

Yeah, it's a frame trap but again, not the same as today's built in frame traps. Can't explain it, it's just very different, and different is not always good. I guess it's really just a lost cause on me because I'm so damn old and don't like it.

Sorry I even brought it up. Carry on with your game guys, I won't say another word about it and you won't see me playing it. It's my problem, not yours, LOL.
I think what you're referring to is the +2 -2, frame tape economy the game is built around. There are some deviations and other frame traps but there is a certain flow of give and take in turns. Imo it's not bad nor good just a way to do things. I think it works for SF though.

So I had seen many players who use Ryu (mainly Daigo though) do lp~lk~DP and I tried doing it but since you can't link lp into lk too fast then it was hard for me. But then I tried doing lp~lp~lk~DP and was able to pull it off consistently. The second lp doesn't even register or connect obviously but by doing an extra lp it gave me the perfect timing to actually connect with the lk. Is this how everyone does it?

So I had seen many players who use Ryu (mainly Daigo though) do lp~lk~DP and I tried doing it but since you can't link lp into lk too fast then it was hard for me. But then I tried doing lp~lp~lk~DP and was able to pull it off consistently. The second lp doesn't even register or connect obviously but by doing an extra lp it gave me the perfect timing to actually connect with the lk. Is this how everyone does it?
No. but whatever works is good.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
guile's neutral is the same as it was season 1. he's doing the exact same things he could when people said his zoning was bad in this game, he was terrible, and the only legacy Guile who bothered to use him was isdd.

they leveled the s tier of season 1, over nerfed some characters, buffed others in more obvious ways and some characters need to be relearned and that's why Guile is floating to the top of the tier list he always will be the same. not because of a 2 bar vtrigger that I've only used twice in on round less than 5 times since season 2 began

it's crazy how many bums parrot each other or really believe they know the character because they lose to him. focus on being good at the game first before you make your tier lists and come back at the end of the season let's see how s tier Guile is then

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
guile's neutral is the same as it was season 1. he's doing the exact same things he could when people said his zoning was bad in this game, he was terrible, and the only legacy Guile who bothered to use him was isdd.

it's crazy how many bums parrot each other or really believe they know the character because they lose to him. focus on being good at the game first before you make your tier lists lul
Except now he has a 2 bar v-trigger.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Except now he has a 2 bar v-trigger.
except how many times have you seen a Guile use it twice a round

This guy already did the math https://twitter.com/gilley3d/status/820170017035538432

Out of 322 rounds he built it twice 4 times used it once. Realistically he can just build it faster now, cool. Does it mean he's busting out like Cammy or Rashid players every round guaranteed with 2? not really and it's worse than his 3 bar used to be it eats up more stock for every boom

this is what I mean most people don't know how the game is played but, in everyone's expert silver opinion of course, Guile is obviously top 2 man because I lose to the character and well Eventscrubs said it too so it must be true lul

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
Personally, I always thought Guile was good. He's the one character in the game that makes it feel like ST with the way he zones.

except how many times have you seen a Guile use it twice a round

This guy already did the math https://twitter.com/gilley3d/status/820170017035538432

Out of 322 rounds he built it twice 4 times used it once. Realistically he can just build it faster now, cool. Does it mean he's busting out like Cammy or Rashid players every round guaranteed with 2? not really and it's worse than his 3 bar used to be it eats up more stock for every boom

this is what I mean most people don't know how the game is played but, in everyone's expert silver opinion of course, Guile is obviously top 2 man because I lose to the character and well Eventscrubs said it too so it must be true lul
du was a legacy guile and I think he had SOME success with the character. Just a little. Also activating earlier usually means he's got more health when it's over so he's more likely to be able to activate and then get a reversal after since you know previously he couldn't do that without some serious v meter building. That being said there's pluses and minuses but I'd argue a 2 bar trigger offers more versatility than a 3 bar one since you don't get put in a position where you gotta either use a reversal and forfeit your trigger for the round or risk dying to pressure because you're low. But what do I know, I don't even have a twitter.

Also didn't infiltration literally just say that guile was one of the most buffed characters in s2? He's not really an eventscrub.

Also who said his neutral/zoning were bad in s1? He had a good neutral and easily the best zoning in the game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
du was a legacy guile and I think he had SOME success with the character. Just a little. Also activating earlier usually means he's got more health when it's over so he's more likely to be able to activate and then get a reversal after since you know previously he couldn't do that without some serious v meter building. That being said there's pluses and minuses but I'd argue a 2 bar trigger offers more versatility than a 3 bar one since you don't get put in a position where you gotta either use a reversal and forfeit your trigger for the round or risk dying to pressure because you're low. But what do I know, I don't even have a twitter.

Also didn't infiltration literally just say that guile was one of the most buffed characters in s2? He's not really an eventscrub.

Also who said his neutral/zoning were bad in s1? He had a good neutral and easily the best zoning in the game.
du didn't even play him in the beginning it was always Nash over Guile until isdd played him at the Milan tourney. Where Daigo said it inspired him to use Guile again, because remeber he even said Guile was meh. Dieminion said he wasn't good and played Fang over him. People thought Guile had dlc syndrome where he wasn't immediately braindead or even an easy character to play on release like the s tier so he was meh.

There's no question Guile's a good character but nobody looks at his actual matchup chart. People lose to him or see nuckledu beat this guy or that guy, and then invent up their own matchup chart. There are Balrog players or not even Balrog players just people in this thread who can't even see why Balrog destroys Guile. Guile can be a huge scrubkiller it inflates his position in the game his style of play will always do that in any fighting game.

Ya Infiltration said Cammy, Guile, and Boxer were the most buffed whatever that means. It's another first impression of him trying to say obvious "toptier". He did that interview a week after season 2 debuted I doubt he relearned every matchup for every character by then, it's a fair judgment call to make at first glance. People thought Ken was the worst in the game at first glance too. Impressions can be wrong it happens.

Last edited:
du didn't even play him in the beginning it was always Nash over Guile. Dieminion said he wasn't good and played Fang over him. People thought Guile had dlc syndrome where he wasn't immediately braindead on release like the s tier so he was meh.

There's no question Guile's a good character but nobody actually looks at his actual matchup chart. People lose to him or see nuckledu beat this guy or that guy, and then invent up their own matchup chart. There are Balrog players or not even Balrog players just people in this thread who can't even see why Balrog destroys Guile. Guile can be a huge scrubkiller it inflates his position in the game his style of play will always do that in any fighting game.

Ya Infiltration said Cammy, Guile, and Boxer were the most buffed whatever that means. It's another first impression of him trying to say obvious "toptier". He did that interview a week after season 2 debuted I doubt he relearned every matchup for every character by then, it's a fair judgment call to make at first glance.
I'll agree that guile has losing matchups, and he's certainly not top 3, but he's still up there. Probably in a comparable spot to a s1 Karin or necalli.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'll agree that guile has losing matchups, and he's certainly not top 3, but he's still up there. Probably in a comparable spot to a s1 Karin or necalli.
Characters he both struggles against but sure it's possible they could be in the same tier. S2 Karin's the same, necalli prob is better def still the same garbage he was doing to you s1. The nature of this game favors those character's playstyles not Guile's and until defense is rewarded like everyone can agree it isn't, I will never see Guile being anywhere near the best in the game. I talked to Sajam about using Guile and he says the character is hard to play. Pr Rog was practicing Guile for a secondary to deal with grapplers but recently said he couldn't do it either.

Urien is the spirit of this game and it's between him and cammy for first that's for sure. Who does Ibuki, the character Infiltraion is maiming, even lose to? Who does Laura lose to? Who does Karin or Necalli lose to? Nobody is looking with these other characters.

Guile loses to Sim, Boxer, Cammy, Necalli, Karin easily. And then against good players he's at slighht disadvantages and works hard in other matchups that are less obvious like Gief or Laura because Guile is always working against the nature of the game. All that's thrown at the window though because bums have zero neutral game I guess and zoning in this game is op now apparently. I don't even mind he loses matchups nor will you find me making excuses about my character. I think Guile is fixed for the most part, LK flashkick rarely rarely trades he can play that's all that matters to me

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
I just hope they don't nerf Guile's zoning. I think he's the only old school defensive projectile zoner this game has. Capcom needs to stop listening to whiny scrubs when balancing the game.