What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
then what makes a good reset in your opinion
Jesus fucking Christ dude, we've been through this. If you're going to cut your combo short and drop guaranteed damage it HAS to be to put your opponent in a position where the follow-up can actually hit and lead to potentially even more damage than you gave up, otherwise it's not a fucking reset.

There is literally no circumstance on earth where your follow-up sledgehammer isn't blocked and you aren't punished. It's not an overhead or a low and it's not an unblockable unless it's fully charged which you aren't doing and which would get blown the fuck up even if you did.

You seem to not understand how the combo system works and think the low you do combos into the sledgehammer but if you check the actual combo count, the low combos off the previous shit and does NOT link into the sledgehammer, meaning you dropped your combo there, not that you reset anyone.

Literally just turn on the option to have the opponent block after first hit and you'll see them block the sledgehammer. Again, not a move you can ever reset anyone with or ever should try to for any reason whatsoever because they don't have to guess anything at all and can punish you for it. Maybe fighting games aren't your thing if you still can't understand this, dude...

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
So are you posting stuff to show the most basic definition of FG terms? The video you showed would only work against someone mashing for no reason other than they think the way to play is press buttons.

A good reset is one that leaves you in advantageous position usually leaving your opponent with the option to risk an invincible move. Some resets allow more defensive options and that mix and match is part of their effectiveness.

In your reset all they have to do is hold down back. You also give up damage you can get AND still reset. Your video is just not a good decision for any reason. Ask yourself not only why you would do that. But do it over anything else possible
Even someone mashing would probably beat that slow-ass sledgehammer he's trying to "reset" with.

FL Rushdown

Champion
Even someone mashing would probably beat that slow-ass sledgehammer he's trying to "reset" with.
Well it auto parries. You CAN reset into sledge since the guess is then when to jump since he can bop you for jumping and not jumping. Problem x took a round off xiaohai with a sledgehammer reset at capcup. It's just gimmicky and marios version of it is whack.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Well it auto parries. You CAN reset into sledge since the guess is then when to jump since he can bop you for jumping and not jumping. Problem x took a round off xiaohai with a sledgehammer reset at capcup. It's just gimmicky and marios version of it is whack.
True, but it only parries during the charge-up so it can still get stuffed if he lets it rip right away like he did in that silly-ass video. But again, there's no reason anyone wouldn't just block there and then blow him up accordingly after, depending on whether or not he charges or lets it go.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
And unlike MKX, I actually feel like I'm improving but that Juri shit, I might need to buy her just to lab that xD
Download the FAT app if you can. It may not be up to date because of the latest patch but I expect it to be soon.

Fireball is -2 on block at point blank. The other qcf moves (the leaping kick and the lunging double kick) are -4 and -6 on block respectively. She can cancel these moves into each other as long as she has a charge. The attack that charges these moves are all -2 on block. EX is also -2

All flip kicks are -6 except EX. That is -2.

Her light DP is -3 if blocked standing. -8 against a crouching opponent.

Trigger allows her to chain her normals like a marvel character. Cancel sweep into specials. And she no longer needs charge to do her QCF specials.

Juri has some really dirty stuff that I need to implement into my game though. I got a lot of stuff not optimized.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Download the FAT app if you can. It may not be up to date because of the latest patch but I expect it to be soon.

Fireball is -2 on block at point blank. The other qcf moves (the leaping kick and the lunging double kick) are -4 and -6 on block respectively. She can cancel these moves into each other as long as she has a charge. The attack that charges these moves are all -2 on block. EX is also -2

All flip kicks are -6 except EX. That is -2.

Her light DP is -3 if blocked standing. -8 against a crouching opponent.

Trigger allows her to chain her normals like a marvel character. Cancel sweep into specials. And she no longer needs charge to do her QCF specials.

Juri has some really dirty stuff that I need to implement into my game though. I got a lot of stuff not optimized.
My fastest normal being 4f makes some of these punishes a little harder but we're gonna need to play more so I can get that sweet matchup experience.