What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NHDR

Kombatant
I think it refers to any intentional action where you deliberately reset the damage scaling

Just from a random link:
"A reset is the act of an offensive player following-up a combo with another attack immediately after the end of the initial combo. This may include following up a combo with an attack, a throw, or starting another combo."
Ran a search myself: http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/general-terms/reset.html.

It specifies being airborne as a condition precedent. Now I'm just confused, lol.

FL Rushdown

Champion
Ran a search myself: http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/general-terms/reset.html.

It specifies being airborne as a condition precedent. Now I'm just confused, lol.
I think different communities have different definitions or they came about at the same time. I see a lot of conflicting stuff. I do know for a fact though that I've both seen/heard people refer to grounded situations like the one I specified as a reset. That being said it doesn't really matter in this scenario because marios reset/mixup is useless regardless of wether or not it is in fact a reset/mixup.

@CrazyFingers i invited you.

E

Eldriken

I cleaned up the last page or two. Keep the conversations about the game, not moms or anything of that nature.

@CrazyFingers, you're expected to make sure that kind of stuff is dealt with. Please make sure to do so from now on.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
We've already had extensive research into what is and isn't a tick throw, now the same needs to be done for resets...

It has got to that point where we might need a VIP area

FL Rushdown

Champion
Any tips on my play btw?
I don't play enough Alex to know much but you were a little too straight forward after your f hps on block. You always went into mp xx chop and I always held down back. If I keep blocking them you should go for command grabs after. light and ex both reach if the f hp is close enough or you can stagger them. F hp into f hp or like f hp walk forward a bit then no to catch me slipping.

Also learn some v trigger combos/setups alex has some really good ones.

Boss Savage

Mortal
IMO, Guile has difficulty against Balrog, Dhalsim. Also, @Boss Savage - definitely try Dhalsim, he's an awesome character. Just be warned that it may take a while to get used to him. He has unique inputs and move properties that make him almost impossible to just pick up and play. You have to practically train your mind differently when playing him.
Oh for sure. I dabbled with him back in vanilla sf4 way back when. I liked him. But i wasn't taking fighting games seriously at the time, and i was on pad. Things should be much different now.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
its quicker if I just name who he definitely beats lul

Gief Fang Birdie and probably Vega but I've never played a good Vega in my life so

Basically play anyone especially Balrog, Urien or Dhalsim
Vega seems even IMO. Played a ton of the MU and between walk speeds booms slides and normals their both constantly contesting for space. I agree with Balrog, Urien and Sim beating him though.

super mario

Mortal
I think different communities have different definitions or they came about at the same time. I see a lot of conflicting stuff. I do know for a fact though that I've both seen/heard people refer to grounded situations like the one I specified as a reset. That being said it doesn't really matter in this scenario because marios reset/mixup is useless regardless of wether or not it is in fact a reset/mixup.

@CrazyFingers i invited you.
exactly u even admitted it was a reset " a terrible" reset" but one none the less.

FL Rushdown

Champion
exactly u even admitted it was a reset " a terrible" reset" but one none the less.
I like how you put "terrible reset" in quotes like it's even questionable that it is in fact terrible.

If your opponent holds down back at any point during any of your resets they kill you and you lose resources. End of discussion. Your reset beats someone that's mashing, and pretty much everything beats that.

super mario

Mortal
I like how you put "terrible reset" in quotes like it's even questionable that it is in fact terrible.

If your opponent holds down back at any point during any of your resets they kill you and you lose resources. End of discussion. Your reset beats someone that's mashing, and pretty much everything beats that.
then what makes a good reset in your opinion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So are you posting stuff to show the most basic definition of FG terms? The video you showed would only work against someone mashing for no reason other than they think the way to play is press buttons.

A good reset is one that leaves you in advantageous position usually leaving your opponent with the option to risk an invincible move. Some resets allow more defensive options and that mix and match is part of their effectiveness.

In your reset all they have to do is hold down back. You also give up damage you can get AND still reset. Your video is just not a good decision for any reason. Ask yourself not only why you would do that. But do it over anything else possible