What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
okay so what constitutes a good button in SFV?
Speed, range, safety, hit level all play a part in it. And remember you don't have to take frame data at face value. Something can be safe or even plus when spaced properly. Sometimes things are MORE plus.

Idk Alex's buttons like that, but every Alex their mother uses cr.MP. The one that looks like a poke with his palm facing up.

super mario

Mortal
There's no such thing as a reset "to you." It either is or isn't. Your combo ends after the low, and the follow up "reset" attack is sledgehammer, which can be blocked crouching or standing, reacted to, is full combo punishable, etc.

If I mash st.hp five times in a row and call it five resets that doesn't mean it is.
u disagree it's my opinion stop acting like your opinion is fact or something.

also wether or not a reset or mixup is reacted to has nothing to do with if a reset or mixup is a actually reset or mixup that's irrelevant.

NHDR

Kombatant
A reset basically means you're hitting your opponent out of being in an airborne state. During the time they "land" into a grounded state, the mixup is typically whether you're going to go for a low or do a throw. Or, using an ambiguous move to setup a cross-up - Laura's V-skill dash, for example.

How are resets commonly used? See this random vid I just found:

What you posted is not a reset. Bison was not hit out of an airborne state.

FL Rushdown

Champion
A reset basically means you're hitting your opponent out of being in an airborne state. During the time they "land" into a grounded state, the mixup is typically whether you're going to go for a low or do a throw. Or, using an ambiguous move to setup a cross-up - Laura's V-skill dash, for example.

How are resets commonly used? See this random vid I just found:

What you posted is not a reset. Bison was not hit out of an airborne state.
Well no actually. You can hit someone with a grounded reset. His reset is terrible but it's still a reset. A lot of command grab characters can "drop" a combo to reset into a command grab.

NHDR

Kombatant
Well no actually. You can hit someone with a grounded reset. His reset is terrible but it's still a reset. A lot of command grab characters can "drop" a combo to reset into a command grab.
With respect, I think by definition a reset involves being hit out of airborne frames. I know what you're referring and can see what you mean, since a deliberately dropped combo has the same effect on the opponent as does hitting him out of airborne frames. But I think that would just qualify as a standard mixup?

Can anyone else please clarify?

FL Rushdown

Champion
With respect, I think by definition a reset involves being hit out of airborne frames. I know what you're referring and can see what you mean, since a deliberately dropped combo has the same effect on the opponent as does hitting him out of airborne frames. But I think that would just qualify as a standard mixup?

Can anyone else please clarify?
I think it refers to any intentional action where you deliberately reset the damage scaling

Just from a random link:
"A reset is the act of an offensive player following-up a combo with another attack immediately after the end of the initial combo. This may include following up a combo with an attack, a throw, or starting another combo."