What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
the servers are going to be online again in less than 2 hours from now !!! HYPE !!!!

P.S. don't forget to follow the SFV Server account on twitter, they always say a day before about servers going down and stuff

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Umm okay? Well i'll trust Shazzy and wait for his videos.
He's right you can cancel into either special but you have to do it fast where St. Lk comes out neutral and then the following direction instantly.

the servers are going to be online again in less than 2 hours from now !!! HYPE !!!!

P.S. don't forget to follow the SFV Server account on twitter, they always say a day before about servers going down and stuff
They're already up I'm playing akumer

JJvercetti

Warrior
Didn't every DLC character need a maintenance to come up.

As for Mika stuff, the only thing I found is that you now need trigger so nadeshiko can bounce people back after whip. And the new j.MP reaction allows for a slight different combo after a stray trigger hit. And you can air TC and have madeshiko hit them after if you're lucky. Might be an actual setup somewhere for that.
Can you possibly gain a V-Sklll throw level off of a mid screen irish whip?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can you possibly gain a V-Sklll throw level off of a mid screen irish whip?
The v-skill level activates if you just press the command. So yes you can get a level.

You can just dash after and pressure.
Which is exactly what ia was worried about. It might be ok in some MUs to get the v skill in. Maybe if you got the life lead? I personally wouldn't feel ok doing this unless I knew I was going to get the grab to work. Maybe v-skill then do the cr.HP setup? Idk I'm rambling now.

super mario

Mortal
Can already tell Akuma is gonna be a bitch to fight for Guile. Also good job Capcom at nerfing jab AA even though Akuma did it to me four times in a round.
yeah i was testing the aa jab with alex and they did a shit job with it because i can still do it it traded like once with m bison all the other times i got aa jb with his stand lp

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
honestly boom loops are a bit more awkward to pull off because there are more variables to consider now than cr mp pushback but they're definitely real and we get to do them twice? Lul the babies are gonna wish they didn't cry about season 1 loops

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Upside down kick being comboable is exactly what I wanted. I'm so happy with this. It's basically a 50/50 between getting thrown or UDK beating your tech. Very good after a jump in. I like setting it up with V-Skill LP boom after AA'ing them for trying to jump it. Jump in after it then you can do a jab then throw or UDK or you can do mp then on counter hit or not you're getting a combo.

Guile is perfect. I haven't even LOOKED and corner combos or the applications of st.LK being cancellable.

I'll lab it real good tomorrow, though. See what I can spot.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Curious.

How many of you would have switched mains if your character was theoretically worse (aka Birdie, Nash, etc.)?

JJvercetti

Warrior
Well I guess Akuma paid for the Holiday stage. Since I am going to do his trials etc.
EDIT: You would think Capcom would update the trials instead of posting "some combos or move properties in the trail version may be different from the current retail version"

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Well I guess Akuma paid for the Holiday stage. Since I am going to do his trials etc.
EDIT: You would think Capcom would update the trials instead of posting "some combos or move properties in the trail version may be different from the current retail version"
I grinded survival a few days ago with a bunch of characters then finally managed to purchase all of the season 1 DLC. Now I Guile isn't alone lol. I used the DLC characters to get fight money (demonstration, trials, survival etc) so that I can get another DLC character so that I could keep doing that.

Free DLC pack. Falling behind on the meta and not knowing MU's was totally worth it :/

...I caved and got the S2 season pass though lol.