What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Damn. Rashid Stun is crazy now. My Wombo combo is still in the game.

V-trigger (full screen) EX Eagle Spike, LK Eagle Spike, (tornado juggles 1 hit), EX Eagle Spike, HP Spinning Mixer

449 Dmg.
655 Stun!!!

Not the easiest combo to land in a match though.

He can also do:
V-trigger (full screen) EX Eagle Spike, neutral jump MP, (tornado juggles 1 hit), EX Eagle Spike, HP Spinning Mixer

395 Dmg
565 Stun

This works thanks to the new juggle properties of j.MP. It also makes it easier to land the second EX Eagle Spike.

EDIT: wait I left counter hit on... let me recalculate the damage on fist combo. Ok it's fixed now.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm aware what cr.hp is on Mika. Sims cr.mk doesn't knock down either?
Still two different moves on two different characters. I think the biggest difference there is Sim's got a frame better on hit/block in the patch and I think it goes under fireballs, correct me if I'm wrong. (Sim got OD buffs) And now Mika can only roll to be minus. That move is easily whiff punished and now there is no reward only punishment. Also this change addresses nothing about the shenanigans that made mika "not play SF".

The whip direction might still be in meaning you can get corner carry but less dmg meterless if ur midscreen. Or you can spend a bar on airplane for corner carry. And you still have a butt load of shenanigans in the corner. Her command grabs lost dmg but so did a lot of the cast. I know gief lost dmg on spd for sure.
I covered the whip. You whip then spend a bar or charge v skill. Mika might be able to just dash and pressure. So really this change just covers Mika's who mashed F+MP. And opening up new shenanigans.

And as cool as I think you are, Buyacushun, if you don't think Mika players have a rep for playing their own version of SF, yo
I don't get where this statement is coming from. But just read what I wrote Myles. If you thought "Mika didn't play SF" before. And I guess that's because of the mixup and corner carry. Well the mixups weren't touched at all EXCEPT the one that took skill to space out. The corner carry is probably still there in some form and she has v-skill stuff that might get used.

They didn't make her bad at the thing everyone hated. They just made the cool skillful stuff harder/worse/non existent. I'm positive I can play anyone here and still do the same match stealing corner BS. Just my play is more confined in getting you there.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
But who gets hit by the ex eagle spike through the full screen trigger?
That's why I said "Not the easiest combo to land in a match though."

You can sometimes react to people jumping back and hit them with ex eagle spike. If they block it you're safe and now they are between you and the tornado.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@FL Rushdown you know how plus mika was after cr.HP trigger cancel? Wondering if the change affects that tactic any?

And she probably gets new trigger shenanigans with that new air TC.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I can't perform xx WWS into meaty divekick anymore. From the looks of things, meaty divekick (ie, no bounce back, +3) is only possible out of well spaced raw V-Skill leaps. It won't work out of a WWS xx V-Skill xx Divekick set-up and it won't work out of raw jumps, only raw-V-Skill... Kind of sad about this one.
Actually you can definitely do raw jump into meaty divekick on block. I'm gonna test the WWS v-skill version now.

Edit: Yeah, I can't do it off any WWS v-skill cancels either. He just travels way too close to them after the v-skill. Actually, you can do cr.MP WWS v-skill over their head and do a meaty MK eagle spike on the other side of them. Only works mid-screen and there is a big gap there. Not very useful, imo.

Last edited:

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I think the difference between us is that since me and Cush actually play Mika we understand what does and doesn't work. You have no idea how easy it is to stop that move from being spaced correctly and every single block string that sets up the spacing leaves obvious gaps that you can either stuff with a normal or neutral jump to punish the Mika if she's on autopilot. Not to mention a step back into whiff punish or a step forward to make it negative.

Also my point was that you using sims slide as a frame of reference for why mikas cr hp should be negative at all spacings shows a lack of understanding about how the moves work.
All I'm getting at is that just because something looks one way on paper doesn't always dictate how it works in a match. If it did, I'd never be able to SPD anyone.

I can't stand the "rip (character)" community.

I apologize if that came off in my post.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Still two different moves on two different characters. I think the biggest difference there is Sim's got a frame better on hit/block in the patch and I think it goes under fireballs, correct me if I'm wrong. (Sim got OD buffs) And now Mika can only roll to be minus. That move is easily whiff punished and now there is no reward only punishment. Also this change addresses nothing about the shenanigans that made mika "not play SF".
It just strikes me as a gap closing normal. And on a grappler, something like that is usually pretty scary. Giefs knee hammer would be nearly broken if it was plus on block.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
All I'm getting at is that just because something looks one way on paper doesn't always dictate how it works in a match. If it did, I'd never be able to SPD anyone.

I can't stand the "rip (character)" community.

I apologize if that came off in my post.
It just strikes me as a gap closing normal. And on a grappler, something like that is usually pretty scary. Giefs knee hammer would be nearly broken if it was plus on block.
I don't get what you mean by how a SPD works. But what I'm telling you is that if you take all the properties of the Mika cr.HP and make it -6 then the advantage on block range becomes -6 to -1. And Mika's roll covers a longer distance and has a few more frames overall. That's why you see more Zangief players get away with sneaky knee into SPD. It's a possibility with Mika but my posts was never about that move or mika being useless.

My posts have been about how instead of tackling her dumb BS. They stripped her of other stuff she could do, gave her a slight reason to use v skill and a new air TC. Plus a new combo path or two. So it really just looks like there might be more BS to deal with.

For anyone interest, James Chen and UltraDavid have a 5 part series on their youtube channel doing some analysis of the season 2 changes. I'm about to watch myself for some perspective.
That's probably just James going through the patch notes. He streamed that and said he was going to edit it and post it on YouTube. Pretty cool to watch.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I guess I updated but no akuma?
Didn't every DLC character need a maintenance to come up.

As for Mika stuff, the only thing I found is that you now need trigger so nadeshiko can bounce people back after whip. And the new j.MP reaction allows for a slight different combo after a stray trigger hit. And you can air TC and have madeshiko hit them after if you're lucky. Might be an actual setup somewhere for that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why is it so good?
Imagine Ryu stLK canceled into a projectile that's +1 on block on all versions.

EDIT: Okay, forgot bazooka knee exists. Canceling it is pretty hard, but I fear when a Guile gets this down. Gives him 3-light links and shit.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Im trying it out and im getting bazooka knee or cr.Lk because of charge. What can you cancel it into?
Sonic boom and flash kick. You have to go to neutral before doing the LK and quickly hit the last direction, otherwise you get both those moves.