What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Fooooooootsies. was soo good. I believe USA is looking very good but I'll wait till I see them against Xian and Infiltration. EAST COAST and Moons!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
no karin's in top 16?

what a braindead character huh u guise
Not enough V-trigger mixups. even LTG knows why she's a dumb character. You'll get no sympathy over here Shaz. Even without V-trigger you got those unreactable ultra safe double overheads that confirms into max damage V-trigger resets.

:DOGE

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Not enough V-trigger mixups. even LTG knows why she's a dumb character. You'll get no sympathy over here Shaz. Even without V-trigger you got those unreactable ultra safe double overheads that confirms into max damage V-trigger resets.

:DOGE
thanks for the stealth props

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Some Survival Mode Strats I've found thus far:

Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Necalli: Spam DP; with Necalli you can also abuse his counterhit trap Cr.MPxxMKStomp and Cr.MKxxLKStomp

Rashid: The AI will let you get away with cheesing his HKEagle on Normal, on Hard you should use his V-Skill kick, HK Kick, and mashing EXMixer if the AI blocks. Neutral Jup HK has been working as well.

Vega: Flying Barcelona is your friend 9/10 the Ai makes no attempt to anti air. On easier rounds go for grab, otherwise you'll be just fine using his attack follow-up. Against Gief and Ryu use his Aurora Spin Edge (footsies: the move) to catch them off guard. Ex ASE is great against Bison as well as flying Barcelona.

Chun-Li: TK Legs, otherwise no luck

Birdie: On Normal most of the AI won't be blocking his chain attacks, on wakeup you can use his leaping grab and if it whiffs just charge buffer his Bullhorn. Rashid AI and Ken AI tend to jump so use HKChain on them. Zangief and Ryu actually know how to block so you actually have to space his leaping grab.

Zangief, Dhalsim, rest of the cast: no luck, I'll keep trying.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Some Survival Mode Strats I've found thus far:

Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Necalli: Spam DP; with Necalli you can also abuse his counterhit trap Cr.MPxxMKStomp and Cr.MKxxLKStomp

Rashid: The AI will let you get away with cheesing his HKEagle on Normal, on Hard you should use his V-Skill kick, HK Kick, and mashing EXMixer if the AI blocks. Neutral Jup HK has been working as well.

Vega: Flying Barcelona is your friend 9/10 the Ai makes no attempt to anti air. On easier rounds go for grab, otherwise you'll be just fine using his attack follow-up. Against Gief and Ryu use his Aurora Spin Edge (footsies: the move) to catch them off guard. Ex ASE is great against Bison as well as flying Barcelona.

Chun-Li: TK Legs, otherwise no luck

Birdie: On Normal most of the AI won't be blocking his chain attacks, on wakeup you can use his leaping grab and if it whiffs just charge buffer his Bullhorn. Rashid AI and Ken AI tend to jump so use HKChain on them. Zangief and Ryu actually know how to block so you actually have to space his leaping grab.

Zangief, Dhalsim, rest of the cast: no luck, I'll keep trying.
For Laura, I've had some success with continuously doing cr.lp > cr.mp into thunder clap

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm done with ranked. It's like if someone has a win streak of more than 5.. They're gonna rage quit on you. No question about it.
I've been hearing casual matches are a better overall experience, but people have been flocking there to just pound on noobs though. Capcom really should find a way to punish those people. Considering most of the game isn't finished anyway I'm sure we'll be seeing better QOL features in March.

In all honesty though, I'm not sure why people take ranked so seriously in any game enough to rage quit. I'm not a particularly amazing player but I never want to rage quit, might as well let the opponent take their win and just try again. I don't understand lag switchers either.

Noob
I agree it's fucking getting out of hand
Iv stop complitely as well. no point really... but what makes it even worse is that the fake Golders are now all happy with their rank and going to casual and doing the exac same thing... iv had since yesterday for the little time i played 5 fake golders that disconnected on me in casual....

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Iv stop complitely as well. no point really... but what makes it even worse is that the fake Golders are now all happy with their rank and going to casual and doing the exac same thing... iv had since yesterday for the little time i played 5 fake golders that disconnected on me in casual....
ME too I had some in casuals as well I hope they fix that shit fast

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Bitch I'm not playing ranked until they punish rage quitters... It's ridiculous.
I'm done with ranked. It's like if someone has a win streak of more than 5.. They're gonna rage quit on you. No question about it.
I've been hearing casual matches are a better overall experience, but people have been flocking there to just pound on noobs though. Capcom really should find a way to punish those people. Considering most of the game isn't finished anyway I'm sure we'll be seeing better QOL features in March.

In all honesty though, I'm not sure why people take ranked so seriously in any game enough to rage quit. I'm not a particularly amazing player but I never want to rage quit, might as well let the opponent take their win and just try again. I don't understand lag switchers either.
FYI, they plan on implementing a fix. But for the meantime want you to send them any proof of a rage quit.

kbrad was good, you're smokin that stuff if you think he was average at best..
I think it's because Kbrad hasn't had the same level of success that he had when he started. So it seems he fell off or got figured out. But since we got a new game now I'd give him a few months before counting him out.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this game and ended up uninstalling it. Was really hoping I would like it, after WB gave us PC players the ol' Hot Carl, but it's just not appealing to me. Here's hoping Injustice 2 makes a speedy entrance!

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this game and ended up uninstalling it. Was really hoping I would like it, after WB gave us PC players the ol' Hot Carl, but it's just not appealing to me. Here's hoping Injustice 2 makes a speedy entrance!
lol why don't you like it