What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I think you can just react to it which actually makes V-reversals pretty pointless unless your opponent is locked into an animation.
Normal or Throw. no way round it but guessing
V-reversals have start up and are not invincible.

Ultimately you have to make a proper read on when to use it or like you said you will get grabbed or baited into wasting meter.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I just beat a guy called Luffy68 from France which was "obviously" the same person that won evo and he ragequit..

The only online to do is Ranked for the fight money and it's 1 fight so everyone takes this crazy approach to it then dc if they fail to random you out. This game is unplayable atm

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I just beat a guy called Luffy68 from France which was "obviously" the same person that won evo and he ragequit..

The only online to do is Ranked for the fight money and it's 1 fight so everyone takes this crazy approach to it then dc if they fail to random you out. This game is unplayable atm
Host ft5 or ft10 battle lounges, learn matchups and stuff. Fight money means nothing and ranked is pointless until they punish rage quits. Players who want to enjoy the game or are playing to learn are not in ranked, best of 1's against bronze rage quitters is not the whole game.

Question for the Ryu players, is f.hp canceled into shoryuken possible? I can't cancel it in unless I wait for the first hit of the punch (f.hp hits twice) to end but I was wondering if it's possible to cancel it without having to wait for the first hit to connect?

Host ft5 or ft10 battle lounges, learn matchups and stuff. Fight money means nothing and ranked is pointless until they punish rage quits. Players who want to enjoy the game or are playing to learn are not in ranked, best of 1's against bronze rage quitters is not the whole game.
Well if you want to unlock the characters when they are released, then getting the fight money is the only way to go (Unless you have bought the season pass thing) or waiting for the challenges and stuff to be added.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Well if you want to unlock the characters when they are released, then getting the fight money is the only way to go (Unless you have bought the season pass thing) or waiting for the challenges and stuff to be added.
You end up with like half a mil from just doing the pre story and easy+normal survival with the current cast, challenges trials and story will offer more ways to earn FM so the 50 from ranked wins isnt huge right now. I have about 200k just from doing story and like normal surivival with ken, im not 100% but i dont think its going to be hard to unlock characters.

You end up with like half a mil from just doing the pre story and easy+normal survival with the current cast, challenges trials and story will offer more ways to earn FM so the 50 from ranked wins isnt huge right now. I have about 200k just from doing story and like normal surivival with ken, im not 100% but i dont think its going to be hard to unlock characters.
True just depends on when Capcom decides to release that stuff.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think this first 6 DLC is pretty much guaranteed if you did all the story, easy & normal survival, maybe 1-3 hard ones, plus been playing all this time. And with Character levels for the first 16 (1000*16=16000 just for leveling each character once. You get a couple levels just from the mini story). Challenges and hopefully trials gives some. Plus all character related FM stuff should happen for the DLC characters too. I think we'll be ok for at least 9 characters. Then just constantly playing you'll probably notice a bit of a grind. And that's only if you plan on buying every single character.

Nevermind the messed up fact that we have to buy costumes with 40,000FM. Costumes should cost less imo. And colors should be like 1000 (random number) a pop.

d3v

SRK
Nevermind the messed up fact that we have to buy costumes with 40,000FM. Costumes should cost less imo. And colors should be like 1000 (random number) a pop.
Well, Capcom needs to make money and the current market makes it so that most games in the AAA space make about half their income off DLC content. More so here where it's likely that their business model going forward is going to rely more on sales of Zenny.

In any case, at least you can buy costumes with Fight Money, compare this with LoL which is where they copied this system wherein you can't buy skins with Influence Points, but only by buying Riot Points.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Well, Capcom needs to make money and the current market makes it so that most games in the AAA space make about half their income off DLC content. More so here where it's likely that their business model going forward is going to rely more on sales of Zenny.

In any case, at least you can buy costumes with Fight Money, compare this with LoL which is where they copied this system wherein you can't buy skins with Influence Points, but only by buying Riot Points.
I get that they need to make money. But costumes costing 40% of a character sucks. Especially when competitors give free costumes. Either way I'll be buying characters I want first. Then the others while making sure I have enough FM. Then costumes I just gotta have if I got some spare FM.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
i assume we will have to wait until Final Round to hear some news from Capcom. I think that's a Capcom Pro Tour tournament. At least they can give dates for the stores release...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
i assume we will have to wait until Final Round to hear some news from Capcom. I think that's a Capcom Pro Tour tournament. At least they can give dates for the stores release...
Hopefully they show off/release Alex then. He has me very interested, Ive been looking for a good middleweight grappling character

GreatKungLao

LiuTana

Something weird happened to me recently. For some reason my Denjin Hadouken did not destroyed opponent's EX hadouken, one hit went through the super and KOed me.

I went to practice mode and tried to test this stuff. It seems that 1 hit of EX hadoukens and denjins can fly through fast version of super (when you do it with HP), but slow version of super destroyes EX hadoukens, but not always, sometimes they went through as well.

StormGoddess

Hopefully they show off/release Alex then. He has me very interested, Ive been looking for a good middleweight grappling character
from the srk forums - user Dragonfave723 posted-
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/909

3月になりましたね。

3月は出会いと別れの季節、FANG以外にも、新たな出会い(キャラ)を探している綾野です。

それでは今週もいってみましょう!

Ayano said in his blog that we will see a new challenger this week.

also it was post that ...
according to SF mod on steam, the patch is currently being tested by Sony

StormGoddess

(Photo : Capcom/Facebook) "Street Fighter V's" March update may release sooner than expected according to new rumors. Players report that Capcom is testing the patch, and the developer continues to tease the arrival of new character DLC. "Street Fighter V" is available now on PS4 and PC.
"Street Fighter V" players felt somewhat burned by the game at launch, but its content-heavy March update might release sooner than players expect.

The news comes to Design & Trend via posts on "Street Fighter V's" Steam community forums, as well as official posts from Capcom. While community members anticipated a launch closer to March 31, evidence is starting to suggest something different.

When one fan asked what was happening with the March patch, two players agreed on the following assessment: "The patch isn't in Capcom's hands anymore from what I understand. It's currently being quality tested by Sony for the PS4 (and PS4 and PC patches need to come out simultaneously as otherwise crossplay would mess up)."

That being said, it's worth taking this assumption with more than a grain of salt. While the user sounds confident in their understanding of the situation, there's no listed source to corroborate the details. In that regard, everything above should be considered a rumor. Should it wind up being accurate, however, that would imply that "Street Fighter V's" first major update is in a more polished state of development than some fans assume it to be. When games feature a monthly tweak, they often arrive as late in the month as possible. If QA is already happening, that may not be the case here.

We also thought it worthwhile to point to official Capcom findings as well. Just hours ago the developer tweeted a picture of Alex character art and asked "who's hype for Alex." Since he's coming to "Street Fighter V" this month the tease makes sense, but would it really be posted this early if the DLC wasn't going to available for another few weeks? That seems a bit strange to us.

Again, without an official announcement from Capcom, these thoughts, while compelling, are pure speculation.

For those unaware of what "Street Fighter V's" March update will contain, it adds Alex to the in-game store as well as a few small game modes to tinker around with. Probably the most substantial addition is eight-player multiplayer lobbies with a spectator mode. When Alex is available, he'll cost 1000,000 fight money, 600 zenny or $6.

"Street Fighter V" is available now on PS4 and PC.

Do you think we'll see "Street Fighter V's" March update in the early portion of the month? Tell us in the poll and comments section!

source-
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/71420/20160304/street-fighter-v-march-update-release-soon-capcom-teases.htm

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

(Photo : Capcom/Facebook) "Street Fighter V's" March update may release sooner than expected according to new rumors. Players report that Capcom is testing the patch, and the developer continues to tease the arrival of new character DLC. "Street Fighter V" is available now on PS4 and PC.
"Street Fighter V" players felt somewhat burned by the game at launch, but its content-heavy March update might release sooner than players expect.

The news comes to Design & Trend via posts on "Street Fighter V's" Steam community forums, as well as official posts from Capcom. While community members anticipated a launch closer to March 31, evidence is starting to suggest something different.

When one fan asked what was happening with the March patch, two players agreed on the following assessment: "The patch isn't in Capcom's hands anymore from what I understand. It's currently being quality tested by Sony for the PS4 (and PS4 and PC patches need to come out simultaneously as otherwise crossplay would mess up)."

That being said, it's worth taking this assumption with more than a grain of salt. While the user sounds confident in their understanding of the situation, there's no listed source to corroborate the details. In that regard, everything above should be considered a rumor. Should it wind up being accurate, however, that would imply that "Street Fighter V's" first major update is in a more polished state of development than some fans assume it to be. When games feature a monthly tweak, they often arrive as late in the month as possible. If QA is already happening, that may not be the case here.

We also thought it worthwhile to point to official Capcom findings as well. Just hours ago the developer tweeted a picture of Alex character art and asked "who's hype for Alex." Since he's coming to "Street Fighter V" this month the tease makes sense, but would it really be posted this early if the DLC wasn't going to available for another few weeks? That seems a bit strange to us.

Again, without an official announcement from Capcom, these thoughts, while compelling, are pure speculation.

For those unaware of what "Street Fighter V's" March update will contain, it adds Alex to the in-game store as well as a few small game modes to tinker around with. Probably the most substantial addition is eight-player multiplayer lobbies with a spectator mode. When Alex is available, he'll cost 1000,000 fight money, 600 zenny or $6.

"Street Fighter V" is available now on PS4 and PC.

Do you think we'll see "Street Fighter V's" March update in the early portion of the month? Tell us in the poll and comments section!

source-
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/71420/20160304/street-fighter-v-march-update-release-soon-capcom-teases.htm

This is great news. Was wondering when Alex and the new Patch was going to drop.