What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

So as I said a while ago, Chun Li is actually getting a nerf but getting buffs by canceling specials into vtrigger, cancel from light kicks etc? Told you guys I never bought the claim that she was top tier 1. Mika got doomed. At least Du still has guile am I rite?

So as I said a while ago, Chun Li is actually getting a nerf but getting buffs by canceling specials into vtrigger, cancel from light kicks etc? Told you guys I never bought the claim that she was top tier 1. Mika got doomed. At least Du still has guile am I rite?
I think light licks only cancel into legs but trigger seems to be shorter and fireball seems to have more recovery,
With the other changes she got Chun looks to be fine.

I know people don't really want to know about Gief but if that change listed so far was real then Gief just got more range on his combo into more mixups because of lariat preventing backroll recovery (providing there are no changes to SPD or other stuff)

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ibuki has 2 bar v-trigger (broken lul) and better frames on normals

Cammy's divekicks are nerfed

When bison absorbs a strike/prohjectule with vskill its stored

You cant v-reverasl sim's vtrigger away

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Man.. Some of these changes.

I wonder if Kens EX Tatsu is negative as in punishable, or just get in, but not your turn any more. Hum. I dont like that his BMP *might* be 5fs now. Ken needs adjustment, but I dont think his character defining TC is really where that adjustment needs to be exactly.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Man Guiles loop combos are my favourite thing to do. I better get them in before they're gone :(

edit: the really long ones, I mean of course lol

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i cant stop thinking how gdlk nerfing aa jab and meterless reversals alone is... what are bums gonna do now i cant imagine... look the nerfs arent even here yet and fl bumdown already ran for the hills

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This thread is about to get dumb funny. I LOVE patch day. Trolls going stupid, "new" characters, Capcom bout to go 2013 on everyone's collective asses.

I actually don't mind the mika changes, if she can still pick the direction then in the words of the bionic commando: "it's all good". I always felt like I didn't play her as crazy as other Mikas which gets me frustrated eating irish whips. I actually think this will help me in the mirror.

Bison deserves to go marvel mode.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
idk about this capcom there's still plenty of fan favorites to select why make such a risky decision?

i mean these characters could be amazing and cool in their own right, a breathe of fresh air instead of watered down versions of people's nostalgia mains. it could be amazing or backfire completely lul im excited for the season 2 notes tomorrow too

i wonder what mylestradamus thinks about all this