What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This thread is about to get dumb funny. I LOVE patch day. Trolls going stupid, "new" characters, Capcom bout to go 2013 on everyone's collective asses.

I actually don't mind the mika changes though I wish she could pick a direction. I always felt like I didn't play her as crazy as other Mikas which gets me frustrated eating irish whips. I actually think this will help me in the mirror.

Bison deserves to go marvel mode.

"Quick Mika notes.
Clap appears to be 7F but still combos from 5MP. You CAN still control throw direction after landing. Jabs feel like 4F."

This was on the website linked earlier that's listing the various balance tweets.. So she might still be able to control direction?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
"Quick Mika notes.
Clap appears to be 7F but still combos from 5MP. You CAN still control throw direction after landing. Jabs feel like 4F."

This was on the website linked earlier that's listing the various balance tweets.. So she might still be able to control direction?
Yeah I saw that after I posted. Guess I should edit. Either way I'm hyped. Especially after F.A.N.G. Juri and Bison gets some much needed buffs. Especially after the naysayers try to act like it wasn't happening.

Plus marvel infinite looks like it might not suck

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Bye Mika!! :)

Also, if Du won $230,000 does that mean he's only getting to spend like $115,000 because of US taxes? (I don't know the actual numbers so I just split it and assumed it's about half lol)

EntropicByDesign

I don't think Mika is all that dead. She can still put you in the corner very quickly and once there she's just almost as nasty as before. Time will tell, but she def doesn't get the ridiculous rewards she used to off the back of a move that was like -2 .

Anyway.. interestinf developments tonight. I loved seeing Ricki get so far. Been a fan of hers for a long time, even if she does use Chun.

Super excited to see the actual changes to the lowbies. I want Juri and ibuki to be good in the worst way.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I don't think Mika is all that dead. She can still put you in the corner very quickly and once there she's just almost as nasty as before. Time will tell, but she def doesn't get the ridiculous rewards she used to off the back of a move that was like -2 .

Anyway.. interestinf developments tonight. I loved seeing Ricki get so far. Been a fan of hers for a long time, even if she does use Chun.

Super excited to see the actual changes to the lowbies. I want Juri and ibuki to be good in the worst way.
She won't be NEARLY as dominant tho since she won't have a corner in every part of the screen while also carrying you to the corner very quickly.

EntropicByDesign

Its obviously a huge nerf, but she really does have more going for her than *just* the corner stuff. She is def not as smotheringly insane as she used to be but I dont think shes 'dead' as a character. She still has, granted its an odd one, but she still has a good neutral game, IF she's close to the corner she still has her batshittery.. Her random flying might-be-a-lesbian mixup/reset/craziness is still there, she still has really good ex command grab(s).. She has a decent jump game. Decent normals. Armored, advancing corner carrying peachy thing.

I'm not making a case that she will remain as ridiculous (I'm sorry but I do think she was broken - what she could do was just too much for what she risked to do it, and her ability to do it any time, anywhere off a semi spammable move is kinda ridiculous) just saying that though her game-plan will have to change, she has other options and tools she could use. It'll be up to the Mika players to find out her new gameplan, but I just cant imagine given what she still has, and the fact that she can still do the same mixups/damage/insanity, just not anywhere on the screen, that she's a dead character. Thats all I'm saying.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I've read that R.Mikas jabs are 4fs and cr.hp is -1 at max range. Only the patch notes will confirm whether she's dead but the universal throw change doesn't sound too good for her currently +30 on crouching powerbomb