What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
If you cant hit confirm look elsewhere.
Ken has great damage and a bit of a yolo factor but it has to be set up by solid play.
Outside of his light buttons he only has c.mp at plus one. alot of what he does is unsafe. he is a top 5 character but has to be played on point or your ass will get handed to you by a good player. his yolo rubish will get blown up by solid players all day.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Right here my friend
How does I Ken? SHORYUKEN.

On a serious note though, I'd love to run some sets some time?

I know all Kens basic BnB stuff, but I don't really know many Vtrigger cancels and vtrigger specific combos and such, nor do I know much about his meaty/Oki game in general.

Any advice on said matters would be appreciated.

I've spent too much time not playing characters I want to play because I let community perception get in the way.. fuck that, new philosophy - play who the hell I want and I have liked Ken since beta 2.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Anyone looking to play sometime? My cfn is scoot--magee. I'd like to have more people who play regularly on my list.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
How does I Ken? SHORYUKEN.

On a serious note though, I'd love to run some sets some time?

I know all Kens basic BnB stuff, but I don't really know many Vtrigger cancels and vtrigger specific combos and such, nor do I know much about his meaty/Oki game in general.

Any advice on said matters would be appreciated.

I've spent too much time not playing characters I want to play because I let community perception get in the way.. fuck that, new philosophy - play who the hell I want and I have liked Ken since beta 2.
Im in australia so vs aint going to happen. but shoot me your cfn and ill check out your ken matches.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You were just saying SFV wasn't random a page ago
any character can be played randomly its just characters like ken, mika, necalli reward you too much for bum play. idc if a fang or birdie or guile player is random in neutral because you cant win rounds let alone games like that

i think the game shows its potential at lower tiers but would benefit from changing frames around to make things more rewarding for defensive playstyle in neutral.

idk on what scale theyre willing to change the game but i hope they make stuff like normals touching at their tip an accurate hitbox, aa jab taken out but better heavy aas, or giving ken hurtboxes on moves tatsu, hk, etc at the very least lul

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
reminder that the psx sfv reveals are at 10 am pst exactly 2.5 hours from now on twitch.tv/playstation

ono says there's a lot of stuff in blanka's pocket

Apparently you can get fight money for the ps4 by doing some stuff on the capcom pro tour website or something.

EDIT: So the address is live.capcomprotour.com, log in with your psn account and the quests are:
250FM = Visit live.capcomprotour.com on capcom fighters.
250FM = Share the Capcom Fighters stream on Facebook.
500FM = Retweet three Capcom Cup 2016 Tweets from @CapcomFighters.
1000FM = Watch Capcom Cup 2016 for 1 hour.

This is pretty interesting, having these quests for in game cash.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Did you guys see the akuma trailer? His hair looks like Sideshow Bob's, lol. He looks like a cool character though... lots of kick buttons. He's got that double roundhouse and some other 2 hit kick buttons. He can follow up his DP (called it) and he's got a new move that looks like it could be his ex tatsu on the ground? Looks like it launches. It's like a tiger knee mixed with a tatsu.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So what does "completely new" mean? Like, never been seen before in a street fighter game? Or are they saying that there will be new characters that aren't clones like Decapre?
That's actually a really good point. The word "Completely" kind of throws everything for a loop.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I find it more interesting looking at the characters frame data than a trailer tbh. I hope Akuma is 'relevant' because if he isn't you have to a wait year for anyone to use him

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
So what does "completely new" mean? Like, never been seen before in a street fighter game? Or are they saying that there will be new characters that aren't clones like Decapre?
probably just misspoke. im thinking ingrid/Helen, Sagat, sodom, sakura, Blanka/Garuda

Akuma releases on the 20th of this month btw and it looks like he didnt get the dlc treatment

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I find it more interesting looking at the characters frame data than a trailer tbh. I hope Akuma is 'relevant' because if he isn't you have to a wait year for anyone to use him
We won't be waiting a year. With how popular Akuma is, we'll have people play him.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
probably just misspoke. im thinking ingrid/Helen, Sagat, sodom, sakura, Blanka.

Akuma releases on the 20th of this month btw and it looks like he didnt get the dlc treatment
But it's written on the screenshot, so they obviously took some time to choose those words.