What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
But it's written on the screenshot, so they obviously took some time to choose those words.
still it can be interepreted as in "completely new" to sfv. very unlikely to create new characters when they can just pull fan favorites for easy money

I wonder if they'll show us more after Top 8 or they're just gonna pimp out mvc

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
still it can be interepreted as in "completely new" to sfv. very unlikely to create new characters when they can just pull fan favorites for easy money

I wonder if they'll show us more after Top 8 or they're just gonna pimp out mvc
I hope so. I like new characters, but it would be a mistake if they didn't include some favorites from 3rd strike or Alpha.

From left to right I got Viper, Abel, Honda, Sakura and Garuda.

Akuma looks really dumb btw.

any character can be played randomly its just characters like ken, mika, necalli reward you too much for bum play. idc if a fang or birdie or guile player is random in neutral because you cant win rounds let alone games like that

i think the game shows its potential at lower tiers but would benefit from changing frames around to make things more rewarding for defensive playstyle in neutral.

idk on what scale theyre willing to change the game but i hope they make stuff like normals touching at their tip an accurate hitbox, aa jab taken out but better heavy aas, or giving ken hurtboxes on moves tatsu, hk, etc at the very least lul
If you think fuudo/du are playing random then you're the problem, not the character.

Wtf is with akumas hair?
Have you ever grown out your hair? If not, there's this really awkward phase between short and long where you don't really know what to do with it. That's what Akuma is going through. Except Akuma's hair is incredibly thick and so it's become this ridiculous mane of red godawfulness and I have absolutely no idea what Capcom was thinking.

And that mutton chop/neckbeard combo is disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just saw the Akuma trailer.

I am SO GODDAMN HYPE TO GET MY HANDS ON HIM. His moveset looks cool as shit.

I'm hoping for more than like 850 health or something though because I'm bad and need help to win.

He also look awful. I just don't get wtf Capcom is doing with these designs. Some characters look fine and some are so goddamn fugly/awkward/bad it's ridiculous. I mean , I get they are trying to carve out a unique style, bit Jesus. Is anyone else super sad they aren't using the art style from the at-release little character stories? The ones we occasionally replay for FM 'quests'.

Whatever though. If he doesn't have an alt costume that's less awful it won't be long until a bunch of mods show up and I can make him look (to me anyway) like anything from Oprah to 3S Akuma to Powdered Toast Man.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
A staple of the Street Fighter series ever since his secret appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Akuma is a savage, but well-honed Ansatsuken master consumed by the Satsui no Hado. Akuma represents the danger Ryu faces if he is unable to control the Satsui no Hado within him, and while Akuma appears to have some set of morals, he believes the highest form of battle is that in which participants put their lives on the line.

Akuma returns to Street Fighter V, displaying his mastery of Ansatsuken and while he has become burlier than previous games, he possesses quick footwork and devastating combos. He has a wide array of destructive tools and is able to completely out-class opponents with his oppressive pressure. His moves and stances often strike poses reminiscent of Buddhist statues and Ukiyo-e paintings.

How does Akuma feel about Ryu’s approach to overcoming the Satsui no Hado and what is his relationship to Necalli? Be sure to check out his character story to find out!

V-Skill: Rakan

Akuma strikes a defensive stance and similar to Ryu’s Mind’s Eye, can parry an incoming attack. He can follow-up the move with an upward kick or a long reaching palm strike.

V-Trigger: Dohatsu Shoten

Akuma powers up and envelops his body with ki to enter Dohatsu Shoten mode. In this mode, his Gohadokens are more powerful, now able to travel full-screen and he can unleash two in the air even while jumping backwards. Additionally, when he lands his Goshoryuken attack, he follows-up and violently drives his opponents into the ground.

looks like another bad matchup for guile u guise

Critical Art: Sekia Koretsuha

Akuma channels an incredible amount of ki into his palm and drives it into the ground, striking the opponent with an exploding pillar of fierce energy.

Critical Art: Shun Goku Satsu

Only accessible while in Dohatsu Shoten mode, Akuma’s most powerful attack returns. He glides towards the opponent and grabs them, resulting in a series of devastating strikes in the blink of an eye.

As announced at PlayStation Experience, Akuma is coming to Street Fighter V on December 20th alongside our Holiday Content, B-Boy Ryu and B-Girl Chun-Li. Akuma’s Story, Premium Battle and Nostalgia costumes will also be available when he releases on the 20th.

He'll have 4 costumes on release then

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
A staple of the Street Fighter series ever since his secret appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Akuma is a savage, but well-honed Ansatsuken master consumed by the Satsui no Hado. Akuma represents the danger Ryu faces if he is unable to control the Satsui no Hado within him, and while Akuma appears to have some set of morals, he believes the highest form of battle is that in which participants put their lives on the line.

Akuma returns to Street Fighter V, displaying his mastery of Ansatsuken and while he has become burlier than previous games, he possesses quick footwork and devastating combos. He has a wide array of destructive tools and is able to completely out-class opponents with his oppressive pressure. His moves and stances often strike poses reminiscent of Buddhist statues and Ukiyo-e paintings.

How does Akuma feel about Ryu’s approach to overcoming the Satsui no Hado and what is his relationship to Necalli? Be sure to check out his character story to find out!

V-Skill: Rakan

Akuma strikes a defensive stance and similar to Ryu’s Mind’s Eye, can parry an incoming attack. He can follow-up the move with an upward kick or a long reaching palm strike.

V-Trigger: Dohatsu Shoten

Akuma powers up and envelops his body with ki to enter Dohatsu Shoten mode. In this mode, his Gohadokens are more powerful, now able to travel full-screen and he can unleash two in the air even while jumping backwards. Additionally, when he lands his Goshoryuken attack, he follows-up and violently drives his opponents into the ground.

looks like another bad matchup for guile u guise

Critical Art: Sekia Koretsuha

Akuma channels an incredible amount of ki into his palm and drives it into the ground, striking the opponent with an exploding pillar of fierce energy.

Critical Art: Shun Goku Satsu

Only accessible while in Dohatsu Shoten mode, Akuma’s most powerful attack returns. He glides towards the opponent and grabs them, resulting in a series of devastating strikes in the blink of an eye.

As announced at PlayStation Experience, Akuma is coming to Street Fighter V on December 20th alongside our Holiday Content, B-Boy Ryu and B-Girl Chun-Li. Akuma’s Story, Premium Battle and Nostalgia costumes will also be available when he releases on the 20th.

He'll have 4 costumes on release then
Okay so he gets raging demon while in V-Trigger. Interesting.