What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

that must have been done before the ragequit update, I was messing around on another account when my main one was messed up and it was not deranking then.

I envy the SFV new blood coming in now. They'll be playing Season 2 having never fully experienced the horror that has been season 1
its been pretty fun for me. Guess I'm just smrt and pick good characters.

Seriously though it's one of the better balanced fighting games when you compare unpatched versions.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
that must have been done before the ragequit update, I was messing around on another account when my main one was messed up and it was not deranking then.
I mean I've never witnessed being deranked to Rookie but it just made sense to me that you could since every other league you can. Maybe I'm wrong.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I've been experiencing MKX in its entirety for the past year. I don't need your horror stories too.
Myles horror stories is that since SFV isn't perfect and could use some changes, his losses are no fault of his own.

There's thing I hate in this game but overall I think it's pretty good and the upcoming major update will just make it better. It's been Capcom's MO since they went SF2 to SF3.

Get in now. See what all the characters can do. Pretty sure since capcom screwed up the casual side of things you can get the game for the low.

Scott The Scot

I did say grind it out. I've been lucky and played people who took their Ls. I like the text at the end. Made it feel extra sad.
That you did. I thought you meant just take my L's and ride the rollercoaster of getting deranked and levelling up until I become Platinum lol.

Edit: irrelevant stuff added.

Guys I need opinions. I main Laura but want to play another character. Not change my main as im maining Laura but want a pocket character, is that what it's called? Like your secondary? Anyhow I don't know who to choose from the following three: Ryu,Mika,Ken? Any advice? Since I suck with any of them should I just use all 4?

Mika and Ken are too similar(that being said they're basically just objectively better versions of Laura). Get ryu for the matchups where the "get in and go ham" characters struggle.

That being said I'd be happy to run some sets with you and show you some Mika basics.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Guys I need opinions. I main Laura but want to play another character. Not change my main as im maining Laura but want a pocket character, is that what it's called? Like your secondary? Anyhow I don't know who to choose from the following three: Ryu,Mika,Ken? Any advice? Since I suck with any of them should I just use all 4?
Learn them all one at a time. It's not complicated to _play_ characters but if you want to learn specific matchups then that's what takes time.