What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah Ibuki sucks. I don't want that to be the case, but it is. I want her to be glorious.

Anyone want sets in.. eh, 20-30m? I'm not look to play to win so much as play to learn and tinker with some things. I'll be on Ryu and Nash and might play my main Vega - but mostly looking to fiddle around on Ryu and Nash.

I tend to like to work on one thing at a time, so I'll concentrate on a specific aspect of play, then another, then another. Trying to figure out how to address my complete inability to actually play this damn game and translate what I know and want to do, in to what's happening in front of me. Something about V refuses to sit comfortably with me and the game refuses to just click for me. It continues to feel awkward and ungainly. Prepare your butt for a lot of medium punches.

Laura's fireball dissapears if she's hit? I understand something like subz ice clone or predators discs, but why would hers? It's weak enough at it is.
Edit- now that I think about it how the hell would this affect her? She's always behind it anyways right?

If she does a fireball she's behind it, a low poke won't go through it. A jump in wouldn't matter as any fireball would be useless if they jump in and hit you anyways.
you can absolutely low poke her through her fireball to stop it. And the jump ins that have good downward arcs can hit her before the fireball hits them. There are situations where if the fireball stayed it'd trade.

EntropicByDesign

Not familiar with Laura personally. I like a a lot of what she can do, but not sure on her fireball.

I do know she isn't always behind it though, I'm pretty positive she has setups to get in front of it and get the fireball behind you. how practical those setups are I could not say, but they are a thing.

Did not know this.. what's the frame data?
its range specific. If he does it from about ryus cr mp range or closer it leaves a 2/3 frame gap. So anything with invincibility wins. So if you've got a reversal that works in that(every ca, gief flex, a dp) you can hit him before his second shoulder hits. Not super duper useful, but could probably win you a round once in a blue moon if you know it.

Gotta delay it though since there's some wonky blockstun.

you can absolutely low poke her through her fireball to stop it. And the jump ins that have good downward arcs can hit her before the fireball hits them. There are situations where if the fireball stayed it'd trade.
Damn. So say im close to my knocked down oponent, I usually do a mid charged fireball to apply pressure and start my offense, are you saying that any guy can wake up and crouch medium kick me and my fireball will dissapear?

Damn. So say im close to my knocked down oponent, I usually do a mid charged fireball to apply pressure and start my offense, are you saying that any guy can wake up and crouch medium kick me and my fireball will dissapear?
if it's not on top of them, then yes. Pretty much every sweep goes under it as do moves like ryus cr mk. You should be able to set it up so it's on top of them though, but you lose the slow fireball Into throw mixup.

Again, not familiar with Laura, but of they are hitting buttons on wakeup to stop the fireball, couldn't you bait that and get a meaty punish,? Let the fireball go esrly and catch them sticking out the mk or whatever?

Just curious.
Yea you can but still the fact is that her fireball isn't too strong to begin with. And also she does rely a lot on cross ups after a charged fireball and with the chance of someone just jabbing you then that strategy weakens with this.

EntropicByDesign

Yea you can but still the fact is that her fireball isn't too strong to begin with. And also she does rely a lot on cross ups after a charged fireball and with the chance of someone just jabbing you then that strategy weakens with this.
Fair enough man. Like I said , I don't know Laura well at all

you can still use it. There's a spacing where depending on which fireball you use it either hits meaty or delays so you can mix them up. I don't know shit about Laura but her opponents wake up is not where she's bad.

you can still use it. There's a spacing where depending on which fireball you use it either hits meaty or delays so you can mix them up. I don't know shit about Laura but her opponents wake up is not where she's bad.
Her fireballs can be better, her vskill can be beat by anything. And gets CC if hit, I think that's the reason people consider her bad. I play her and even if she's the worst I pick characters because I like them not because of tiers. Hell you probably know more about her then me lol.

@FL Rushdown
Would you know why @ 0:22 when mika throws her opponent and they bounce back mika does a f.HP~vtrigger~cr.MP then resets, but whenever I try to do the same combo when I do the cr.MP it barely lifts the opponent up so I can't connect with anything after that, and in the video the cr.MP juggles the opponent like twice as high as when I hit them. Would you know why?