What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Like, would it hit you if you didn't press anything? I don't know. Even if it won't hit you, the fact that his limbs have a hurtbox on them means your button only has to reach where his limbs are gonna be. It's all about spacing, timing and reads.

People hit Dhalsim out of shit all the time in SFIV. There's a video of Daigo doing a Shoryuken cancelled into a Shinku Hadoken from full screen after clipping Dhalsim's fists from a full screen crHP (or maybe it's standing? I don't remember).
I think cr.HP was the full screen one with the fists travelling the ground. Diago did that against F Champ right?
pretty much like this

Thanks. I wasn't sure how that'd work with the priority system but I see the hurtbox is out before the hitbox so you can pretty much 'evade' his attack altogether. I'm guessing Dhalsim would surmount this by using things like st.HP and st.MP to throw you off if you're trying to out poke him?

E

Eldriken

I think cr.HP was the full screen one with the fists travelling the ground. Diago did that against F Champ right?

Thanks. I wasn't sure how that'd work with the priority system but I see the hurtbox is out before the hitbox so you can pretty much 'evade' his attack altogether. I'm guessing Dhalsim would surmount this by using things like st.HP and st.MP to throw you off if you're trying to out poke him?
He did it against Arturo and someone else at a GameStop tournament a long time ago. He may have done it to F. Champ, but I never saw it myself.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
He did it against Arturo and someone else at a GameStop tournament a long time ago. He may have done it to F. Champ, but I never saw it myself.
I took a shot in the dark. I only know Art and Champ play sim (now Tokido!!!!), so I had a 50/50 chance. Oh that reminds m. I got a link for some notable players to follow on CFN.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
st. hp

st.mp

sim's always had a hurtbox on his normals it's nothing new

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
st. hp

st.mp

sim's always had a hurtbox on his normals it's nothing new
I know that I was just checking if it's any different with the priority system. And when I talked about those normals I meant to through of your spacing and timing to beat out st.MK not that those other 2 normals couldn't lose to something. Cause wouldn't he need something to do to stop people just mashing LP (or something more damaging) to beat him out.

But, is Karin's ex dash strike invuln? completely invincible?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I know that I was just checking if it's any different with the priority system. And when I talked about those normals I meant to through of your spacing and timing to beat out st.MK not that those other 2 normals couldn't lose to something.

But, is Karin's ex dash strike invuln? completely invincible?
it wouldn't change with the priority system because jab hitbox is touching sim's hurtbox first

Karin's dash just low profiles

kaseyk

Noob
ranked is ultra annoying today win 7 games and 5 of them leave before i get points then lose 1 match and my lp is less then i started with lol . normally wouldnt bug me but battle lounge isnt working well for me cant barely get into a room and when i do it kicks me before i get to finish a set so ranked is all thats working right or rightish :p

i think there is something wrong with the search system i tried setting it to 5 only and got 2 super laggy matches amongst the worst ive had yet .

i also got a new controller today because my old one took a shit and damn i didnt realize how worn in it was , new ones dpad is so stiff going to take awhile to break it in i wish there was some kind of baseball glove type technique for ps4 controllers ...

kaseyk

Noob
I'm a little lost on how Crush counters work? How do I use them effectively?
hard attacks on counter hit are crush counter , take your character to labs set counter hit to on and test what you can combo with after , regular counters add extra combo opportunities also .

rashid example hk on crush counter pops up opponent allowing for a juggle and hp causes them to spin in hit stun long enough to land a ex tornado roll in combo .
i still havent mastered reacting to it happening to maximize my damage yet but im getting some extra damage more often now in matches .

hard attacks on counter hit are crush counter , take your character to labs set counter hit to on and test what you can combo with after , regular counters add extra combo opportunities also .

rashid example hk on crush counter pops up opponent allowing for a juggle and hp causes them to spin in hit stun long enough to land a ex tornado roll in combo .
i still havent mastered reacting to it happening to maximize my damage yet but im getting some extra damage more often now in matches .
So everyone's crush counter starts with either heavy punch or heavy kick?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm a little lost on how Crush counters work? How do I use them effectively?
Basically hitting your oponent out of one of his moves with a hard kick/punch and the other guy already explained the rest, also make sure you always punish DP's with HP/HK since they will act as crush counters.

Anyone else having trouble doing certain supers that involve 2 quarter circle forwards? For example I do Ryu's hadouken 100 out of 100 times but to do his critical art (super) which is just two hadoukens but only press punch after the second QCF I land that 2 out of 10 times, I don't know why as I'm inputting it correctly timed.