What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Aramonde

Noob
Then you throw the slow fireball and walk in then if jumps you cr.hp, if he parries you punish with f.hp and if he blocks then you're charging to throw another fireball or whatever.
Usually when i try to SB walk it doesn't work. Ryu's FB is so quick he get rid of it before your jump distance away. Nash can do that forward kick move and avoid the SB or go over both of us. cr.HP hardly ever AA's for me.

Whats your cfn? I need to watch your replays against these characters.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Usually when i try to SB walk it doesn't work. Ryu's FB is so quick he get rid of it before your jump distance away. Nash can do that forward kick move and avoid the SB or go over both of us. cr.HP hardly ever AA's for me.

Whats your cfn? I need to watch your replays against these characters.
I don't know what you mean it doesn't work lol. Nash's kick thing can be anti-aired but obviously that depends on when he does it in relation to you throwing your boom. To be efficient I like to charge db then press forward and to db then press jab so that you're like charging flash kick the VERY first frame available - if Nash does his kick too late when you do the boom then you'll be able to FK him. With trial and error you'll get it down lol. Uhh cr.hp is a great anti-air and it works reliably for me all the time, maybe you're doing it from the wrong distance or something (I used to have trouble using it too).

cfn is ScottTheScott. I don't save my replays but if you go to my casual matches you'll find me playing people online. I started playing Ranked when I got my new internet connection again and then the speeds went waaay down so I'm not playing Ranked until I get that fixed lmao. Nobody likes playing me with my connection so there's not much in Battle Lounge for you to see.

I'm not great at this game yet but that's my take on playing Guile in those MU's lol.

I just had match freeze then play catch up. And of course it's a fucking PC player. I'm switching to PS4 only and if it gets better . . . I just don't know. The worst is that it's always coupled with the gimmicky, jumping, no fundamental players too. @FL Rushdown @Sutter Pain @Everyone else on PC, I'm watching you.
Pffft I only use the lag switch in ranked dawg. and I've got perfect sfv fundamentals my wake up jab x v trigger combos are sick, my jab anti airs can't be stopped, my dash up throw game is on point, and to top it all off I can hit confirm my sweep so that if you block it I'm safe.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
don't tell me Myles is doing exactly what he did with Fang except now with Juri :( talk about fitting the stereotype

Reactions: GAV

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
dont forget when he did it to Ibuki.
god did he? thats just unbearable.

Myles you gotta level up man, sick of this entitled generation of gamers.

If MKX was a team game Myles would be that guy blaming everyone on his team for their loss, every single game when he has triple the worst score of anyone

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I just had match freeze then play catch up. And of course it's a fucking PC player. I'm switching to PS4 only and if it gets better . . . I just don't know. The worst is that it's always coupled with the gimmicky, jumping, no fundamental players too. @FL Rushdown @Sutter Pain @Everyone else on PC, I'm watching you.
Same here man i was kicking the shit out of a cammy 1st round. 2nd round here comes the dial up. Played through and crossed her up for the win, saw hit sparks so i continued the combo then all of a sudden she is blocking. Its like it gets confused in the roll back and it shows hit spaks insted of block sparks.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You guys are saying this now but when you read the patch notes and Capcom give Juri what she is clearly meant to have you will understand what I'm talking about. I think she is barely playable right now

The base of her neutral is there. Everything else is missing:
Where is the offense?
Where are the mix-ups?
What does being in Feng Shui actually do other than get you a throw and V-reversaled?
Why is this "upper body invincible" dragonpunch getting stuffed by jump-ins?

Last edited:
You guys are saying this now but when you read the patch notes and Capcom give Juri what she is clearly meant to have you will understand what I'm talking about. I think she is barely playable right now

The base of her neutral is there. Everything else is missing:
Where is the offense?
Where are the mix-ups?
What does being in Feng Shui actually do other than get you a throw and V-reversaled?
Why is this "upper body invincible" dragonpunch getting stuffed by jump-ins?
Day 1: juri is top tier. Maybe top 1.

Day 4: juri has to work hard to win, but that's her only weakness.

Day 7: juri isn't top tier but she's pretty good. Maybe 6-10.

Present day: juri is a piece of shit unplayable whore with 20 bad matchups in the game fuck capcom.

You also did this with Ibuki Myles.

And to actually answer your idiotic questions.

1. Her offense is pretty decent and she's one of the more damaging characters in the game. She has decent frame traps, good throw range, good walk speed and good moves to get through zoning.

2. The mix ups are frame trap or throw. Worked since forever just ask cammy, it's all she does.

3. Fang shui is obviously good.

4. Because you aren't using meter it's not a shoryuken. Better characters than juri have worse anti airs. Check out Karin/vega.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
Lol on Capcom pro talk they ran into a Urien XD

I don't know what you mean it doesn't work lol. Nash's kick thing can be anti-aired but obviously that depends on when he does it in relation to you throwing your boom. To be efficient I like to charge db then press forward and to db then press jab so that you're like charging flash kick the VERY first frame available - if Nash does his kick too late when you do the boom then you'll be able to FK him. With trial and error you'll get it down lol. Uhh cr.hp is a great anti-air and it works reliably for me all the time, maybe you're doing it from the wrong distance or something (I used to have trouble using it too).

cfn is ScottTheScott. I don't save my replays but if you go to my casual matches you'll find me playing people online. I started playing Ranked when I got my new internet connection again and then the speeds went waaay down so I'm not playing Ranked until I get that fixed lmao. Nobody likes playing me with my connection so there's not much in Battle Lounge for you to see.

I'm not great at this game yet but that's my take on playing Guile in those MU's lol.
I'm saying it doesn't work mainly against Ryu cause he can cancel your boom with a FB before you can get to jump distance. V-Skill takes so long he can FB when you throw it then again throw another before you can get to jump distance.

Zoning in this game is weak in general.

Lol on Capcom pro talk they ran into a Urien XD

I'm saying it doesn't work mainly against Ryu cause he can cancel your boom with a FB before you can get to jump distance. V-Skill takes so long he can FB when you throw it then again throw another before you can get to jump distance.

Zoning in this game is weak in general.
as a Ryu main for pretty much a decade I can tell you with 100% certainty that Ryu has never in any game been able to beat guile in a fireball war heads up. If you throw out a slow moving v skilld boom Ryu has to hold that or spend meter. ryu has 13 frames of startup and 32 frames of recovery on hadouken and guile has 10 frames of startup and 28 frames of recovery. So for every fireball we throw at each other you should be gaining 7 frames of tempo on me. Pushing me back.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
as a Ryu main for pretty much a decade I can tell you with 100% certainty that Ryu has never in any game been able to beat guile in a fireball war heads up. If you throw out a slow moving v skilld boom Ryu has to hold that or spend meter. ryu has 13 frames of startup and 32 frames of recovery on hadouken and guile has 10 frames of startup and 28 frames of recovery. So for every fireball we throw at each other you should be gaining 7 frames of tempo on me. Pushing me back.
I don't know the answer so I'll ask you. Does Ryu win the fireball war when v-triggered? Guile doing his double booms and Ryu doing charged fireballs when needed. Does Ryu gain ground then?

I don't know the answer so I'll ask you. Does Ryu win the fireball war when v-triggered? Guile doing his double booms and Ryu doing charged fireballs when needed. Does Ryu gain ground then?
no. His fastest hadouken(frame wise) in Denjin is his lp one and it's still 13 frame startup and 31 frames of recovery with no charge. Ex would gain him ground but not if guile was using ex as well. Not to mention ryu can only throw maybe 6 fireballs in Denjin before he loses it and that's assuming he's spamming them and not doing any charges.

He could maybe gain ground if guile threw a slow boom and he full charged then did a no charge hadouken, but thatd burn his whole trigger and be just ridiculously wasteful and rely on guile not using the fast booms.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
And to actually answer your questions.

1. Her offense is pretty decent and she's one of the more damaging characters in the game. She has decent frame traps, good throw range, good walk speed and good moves to get through zoning.

2. The mix ups are frame trap or throw. Worked since forever just ask cammy, it's all she does.

3. Fang shui is obviously good.

4. Because you aren't using meter it's not a shoryuken. Better characters than juri have worse anti airs. Check out Karin/vega.
1. The damage is below average and it's locked behind fireball stores. Her offense ensures everyone gets back up with another opportunity to put her in a vortex. She has good walkspeed but isn't Karin, Chun-Li or Cammy, more throw range at the cost of having an actual throw game and she isn't this anti-zoning character your talking about

2. Cammy hits you once and spiral arrows you to the corner where she can meaty off her throw. It isn't the same

3. Feng Shui is obviously bad

4. It is a shoryuken. There's also better characters than Juri with better Anti-airs. Check Chun-Li/Ryu/Necalli/Cammy

Aramonde

Noob
I was only talking about SFV not other SF games.

Idk man it doesn't seem that way. Ryu 95% beats me in a fireball war and i can throw booms as soon as they hit. But your better than me and know the game more. :/ I just hate fighting against Ryu so much right now with Nash a close second.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Did they do anything to fix long ass loading screens between every screen or is it 1 ranked match per 15 mins? Also is ragequitting fixed in ranked? May get back into it if they fixed anything as the gameplay was good just the fact you are only in a match 20% of the time because you are going between loading screens and training mode made me put it down.

Did they do anything to fix long ass loading screens between every screen or is it 1 ranked match per 15 mins? Also is ragequitting fixed in ranked? May get back into it if they fixed anything as the gameplay was good just the fact you are only in a match 20% of the time because you are going between loading screens and training mode made me put it down.
The matchmaking is a little faster than it was at launch, and you can rematch so that you can potentially play 3 matches for one set of loading screens, other than that it's pretty much the same. The RQ punishments they implemented haven't stopped RQ's, and have even resulted in one person we know of who had been RQ'd on in consecutive games being punished.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Juri seems good, IMO. Not Top Tier, but definitely better than Ibuki. That max range cr.mk xx LK Fuharenkyaku Release -> dash in, is too strong.

Shimmy is good, jump in buttons are good, air throw is good, MK DP is good, buttons are good, walk speed is good, V-Trigger is a combo extender, LK Release while in V-trigger is kinda broken, Super is good, HK release is fast/good/safe with lk release etc etc., oki is good.

Everything is good and to compensate for that, Capcom makes you having to store Fuharenkyakus. I'm pretty happy with Juri TBH. Might switch from Ibuki.

I was only talking about SFV not other SF games.

Idk man it doesn't seem that way. Ryu 95% beats me in a fireball war and i can throw booms as soon as they hit. But your better than me and know the game more. :/ I just hate fighting against Ryu so much right now with Nash a close second.
theres more to the fireball game than just throwing plasma as fast as you can. There are a bunch of little things you can do to get an edge on your opponent and timing is pretty important it's harder than most people realize. When I'm beating you with fireballs it's because I'm using other techniques to compensate for my fireball being worse. Ryu can beat guile in a fireball war but only if the players aren't of equal skill. going purely off frame data guile wins but the frame data doesn't always decide everything.

Just work on your fireball game and don't get frustrated. You'll get there.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Juri seems good, IMO. Not Top Tier, but definitely better than Ibuki. That max range cr.mk xx LK Fuharenkyaku Release -> dash in, is too strong.

Shimmy is good, jump in buttons are good, air throw is good, MK DP is good, buttons are good, walk speed is good, V-Trigger is a combo extender, LK Release while in V-trigger is kinda broken, Super is good, HK release is fast/good/safe with lk release etc etc., oki is good.

Everything is good and to compensate for that, Capcom makes you having to store Fuharenkyakus. I'm pretty happy with Juri TBH. Might switch from Ibuki.
I'm not sure if either of them can really compete in the current vortex/setplay heavy mess SFV is right now and they aren't even bad characters.. they are just fair