What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I won a match with Rashid at VSFighting against a Juri so the SFV community can hold that :DOGE Would've been more but I was put in losers first game since I was playing my match for top 16 winners in MK on the floor below when they called me and I only got to play from there. In my second match my game-winning anti-air super didn't come out so I got eliminated earlier than I should have BibleThump
Nice bait at 1:54 and parry at 2:40!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
hey guise bak from scotland yard or whatever for a tourney called vs fighting

anyway had no idea someone uploaded the game I played against youphemism's nash at vsfighting cool ggs unfortunately this is it as youph ragequit irl btw free af

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
>Uses the phrase "scotland yard" because it has Scotland in it even though it's in England.
>Even worse, Scotland Yard is in London not Birmingham where VSFighting was.
>Thirdly I even said I used Rashid, not Nash.
>And lastly as if it weren't obvious already I don't play online nor is that my PSN/CFN which I've posted in here.

3/10 meme shazzy babes xoxo

Actually let's move it down to 1/10 because you had to edit that post 4 times and that's clearly the archive of an online match you're claiming to be offline lmao

Knew pretty much all of them since I main Ryu, st lk and st jab can also hit teleports behind Ryu. Works well vs juri and Nash. And that dash under mixup off the target combo works midscreen off a cc hk aa.

Never seen that sick dhalism tech though. That was legit. Cool vid man.

Edit. Quoted the wrong video. Now I look foolish.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Knew pretty much all of them since I main Ryu, st lk and st jab can also hit teleports behind Ryu. Works well vs juri and Nash. And that dash under mixup off the target combo works midscreen off a cc hk aa.

Never seen that sick dhalism tech though. That was legit. Cool vid man.

Edit. Quoted the wrong video. Now I look foolish.
Every time I see Ryu use it's elbow from the gods I pray that my opponent's LP button breaks. I've only gotten it to work one time but that's no reason to lose faith.

Every time I see Ryu use it's elbow from the gods I pray that my opponent's LP button breaks. I've only gotten it to work one time but that's no reason to lose faith.
yeah I'll admit. The bow is pretty legit.

Also do you have a headset for ps4? I need some mika tech.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
In SF3, Urien took some time to establish within the meta - but once players realized how to play him, he became a powerhouse.

Be patient and play defensive until you get meter. Use your meter to change to a completely safe pressure-game. Urien can kill on just one push with meter, but even if he doesn't - a good blocked push will nearly build another bar of meter by itself.

I don't know how many know a lot about SF3 or how similar SFV Urien will be to his SF3 counterpart, but I have a feeling that those who invest time in this character early on will be greatly rewarded later on.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Urien will be joining the dlc tier club that resides just below F.A.N.G

there aren't any legit vortexs in sfv dude. Quit acting like the game is full of vanilla akumas.
Not knowing which way to block or whether I should be blocking at all because of a command grab seems pretty legit to me.

Urien will be joining the dlc tier club that resides just below F.A.N.G

Not knowing which way to block or whether I should be blocking at all because of a command grab seems pretty legit to me.
yeah that's called a mixup not a vortex. A vortex is when both options lead back into the same mixup. Like when Ibuki in 4 could make you guess which side to block on after a neck breaker and could combo back into that situation.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
yeah that's called a mixup not a vortex. A vortex is when both options lead back into the same mixup. Like when Ibuki in 4 could make you guess which side to block on after a neck breaker and could combo back into that situation.
Not all options loop back into the same mixup, hence not a vortex.
So there are no vortexes in SFV. They are merely mix-up situations that lead to another that you are dead by the end of

So there are no vortexes in SFV. They are merely mix-up situations that lead to another that you are dead by the end of
assuming your opponent corners you by playing better than you, yes. Most fighting games reward the player that takes control of the match and puts the opponent into the corner.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
assuming your opponent corners you by playing better than you, yes. Most fighting games reward the player that takes control of the match and puts the opponent into the corner.
I'm sure in most fighting games characters don't throw you 1/3 of the screen or corner you in one touch. I am convinced you are Combofiend on a hidey account trying to spread propaganda at this point

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm sure in most fighting games characters don't throw you 1/3 of the screen or corner you in one touch. I am convinced you are Combofiend on a hidey account trying to spread propaganda at this point
Tekken, GG, BB, and Marvel I know for a fact you can get thrown for combos and/or oki.
Kof throws give pressure. Didn't SF4 throws just lead to the setplay heavy knockdown of that game?
I don't know about KI but I feel like it's the type of game where at least some throws lead to their combo system. (which is dope AF btw)
Hell even Smash bros. you can get thrown to get oki or just simply off the stage.
It seems NRS is the only one with a cast wide thing of throws making you basically reset neutral. Which I guess would be throwng you 1/3 of the screen.
IDK any other modern games that are being played heavily. What else is there? DoA and VF?

theres one character that can take you to the corner in one touch from midscreen that's Ken.

Mika can come close but needs a bar.

Necalli needs super to do it.

Rog needs v trigger to do it.

And I think that's it for characters with noticeably strong corner carry.

Feel free to ignore any points in this post and tell me how I'm an idiot for placing Ken outside top 5. Then bitch about inane bullshit. Never change Myles.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can't think of a game that doesn't have a lot of wall carry, really. Besides, like, old SF games.

KOF, GG, BB, MK, Inj, Tekken, VF...like, I'm turning up blanks on what doesn't have wall carry.