What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hey all, had a good little set with Buya tonight and it made me think that I've progressed to the point where I'm not just learning street fighter now. Now I'm at the point where I learn the match ups.

Currently I've just sort of faffed about and went with the flow of things. How do you all go about learning matchups? What are all the steps that you personally do to figure out how to fight against a character?
I'm having a MU discussion with @FL Rushdown right now.

I'd tell you my process after me and shazzy are done

I'm having a MU discussion with @FL Rushdown right now.

I'd tell you my process after me and shazzy are done
i tested it and he can throw on ex roll it leaves him closer than regular rolls. I'd like to see the matchup played at a high level but honestly everything that gives fang problems vega has in spades. He's got great normals with plus frames, 2nd best grab range, a command grab, and the best mobility in the game with walk/dash speed. Not to mention he's like the only character in the game that can play the neutral from the same distance as fang. Not saying it's 7-3 or even 6-4 but I don't think fang would have any advantage it'd be even at best.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Fangs projectiles have 48 recovery frames Vegas slide is 9 frame startup and 9 frames active. So even at maximum possible slide range he'd have 30 frames to slide in and hit. And a trade there would be in his favor with the knockdown.
And that's if F.A.N.G. Doesn't shoot his posion short. And is done close enough that slide bring vega close enough to attack. It's not as black and white as you make it

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Hmm interesting. What type of notes do you take usually? MU specific or general notes on the character?
Well, I remember Pig saying he did this so I decided to give it a try. Anything mu related. What's negative, what's punishable etc. plus my memory is terrible so it helps me remember certain things about a mu that I may have forgotten, especially if I haven't played it in awhile.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hmm interesting. What type of notes do you take usually? MU specific or general notes on the character?
I usually start with spacing. So where do my buttons reach? Where does my opponents buttons reach? If someone has a projectile, what are the responses to either on the field? Anything quick or tricky I should be on the lookout for (think v-bison moves)? I'll probably take this time to take note of frames. What's quick, plus, negative. Then once I have those basics I look at my opponents general game plan and how it intersects mine. Basically what am I looking for/to do, what are they looking for/to do. One interesting example I've noticed is Bison gains v-gauge by absorbing projectiles. So just by being patient and quick, bison can pretty much take away the fireball game. Mika on the other hand stays close and reacts with ex peach, or makes a read with st.HK. In F.A.N.G. Versus Zangief, F.A.N.G. Can coward crouch Gief st.HP on reaction for a full combo. Then after that It's all basic tools and gameplay in different situations. Off anti airs, wakeup, corner, meter count, Etc. Which I guess would be more in depth stuff.

had a rly weird dream today

capcom finally figured out a way to figure out any RQtter in SFV and mark them
so the only ppl RQtters will get auto matched vs in ranked and casuals are other RQtters from now on
now that would be like the best penalty system ever lol