What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Have you ever played the matchup from either characters perspective?

Superficially, most of this is true, and that is why Birdie is probably a significantly better character overall. However, on the Birdie / Zangief matchup specifically, it doesn't seem worse than 6-4 to me (in Birdie's favour). It might even be even honestly.

Where you are most wrong is the command grab, and that's a pretty big deal. Birdie's has less advantage on knockdown and throws them further. He gets no meaty setups or mixups that I'm aware of mid screen and even v skill is unsafe. Zangief gets a meaty/command grab mixup anywhere on screen I'm pretty sure. Hence the big difference in reward once you land a hit, which offsets the difference in neutral (which I agree Birdie wins). Zangief is also one of the few characters who can jump in at a certain angle and beat Birdie's normally godlike cr mp anti air. Zangiefs biggest weakness is also probably zoning/runaway. Birdie has no projectiles and poor walk speed so he can't take advantage of this.

Which character has a better v skill is also debateable and matchup specific IMO, having a parry is pretty damn good and some characters can always punish Birdie v skill on reaction anywhere on screen, making it pretty weak if the opponent knows the matchup.
Birdie demolishes Gief by simply being Diddy Kong.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I am as well. I'm always going on about how bad F.A.N.G is and how bad the game which is still all true but what's the point anymore? Getting counter-hit when anti-airing and people dashing half-way across the screen and mixing you up is SFV working as intended
Sounds like another game we know. :DOGE

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Where you are most wrong is the command grab, and that's a pretty big deal. Birdie's has less advantage on knockdown and throws them further. He gets no meaty setups or mixups that I'm aware of mid screen and even v skill is unsafe. Zangief gets a meaty/command grab mixup anywhere on screen I'm pretty sure. Hence the big difference in reward once you land a hit, which offsets the difference in neutral (which I agree Birdie wins).
Gief doesn't get any setups off his light SPD, which is also the one with the most range. He's got to spend meter on EX SPD or use the hard SPD to get a meaty. I'm not sure about medium SPD though...

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Gief doesn't get any setups off his light SPD, which is also the one with the most range. He's got to spend meter on EX SPD or use the hard SPD to get a meaty. I'm not sure about medium SPD though...
Yeah you're right on LP SPD, I just double checked. LP is only +22. The others, including MP are all +27 so he has time to do his 25 frame forward dash and meaty.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Matchmaking improvements
[URL='http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/23/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-2']http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/b...t-update-vol-2
[/URL]

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/23/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-2
Street Fighter V Development Update Vol. 2

Hey everyone!

We’re back with another developer blog update on Street Fighter V as we wanted to share some great news surrounding matchmaking in the update coming next week. The server team has been hard at work making improvements to the online experience of the game, so hit the jump to see what to expect.

Improvements to Matchmaking Preferences

Since launch there have been issues where matchmaking preferences have not been working properly for some users. This includes hardware preference settings, connection quality settings and being matched with other players far outside of your League Point range. These issues have now been resolved.

Matchmaking Speed

In some cases, player’s League Points weren’t synchronizing across all servers which resulted in longer than expected wait times to find a match. With this fix, users should start seeing matches at a more rapid pace than before.

Smarter Matchmaking

Matching logic based on League Points has been improved and players should now be matched with other players of similar skill more often. There are also additional improvements to location based matchmaking, along with an increased range of qualified match candidates.

Improved Quality of Matches

Improvements were made to the connection range settings (1-5) and should more accurately reflect the quality of incoming matches.

That’s all the news for today but stay tuned as we have even more info surrounding the latest update coming next week! For the latest updates follow us at @StreetFighter on Twitter.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nothing, I'm all out of anything to do with this game
Was disappointed in this response. But wait . . . .
I am as well. I'm always going on about how bad F.A.N.G is and how bad the game which is still all true but what's the point anymore? Getting counter-hit when anti-airing and people dashing half-way across the screen and mixing you up is SFV working as intended
There's the myles patented silliness. You had me scared for a second. Glad to know you're still up to your old tricks.

Matchmaking improvements
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/b...t-update-vol-2
Street Fighter V Development Update Vol. 2

Hey everyone!

We’re back with another developer blog update on Street Fighter V as we wanted to share some great news surrounding matchmaking in the update coming next week. The server team has been hard at work making improvements to the online experience of the game, so hit the jump to see what to expect.

Improvements to Matchmaking Preferences

Since launch there have been issues where matchmaking preferences have not been working properly for some users. This includes hardware preference settings, connection quality settings and being matched with other players far outside of your League Point range. These issues have now been resolved.

Matchmaking Speed

In some cases, player’s League Points weren’t synchronizing across all servers which resulted in longer than expected wait times to find a match. With this fix, users should start seeing matches at a more rapid pace than before.

Smarter Matchmaking

Matching logic based on League Points has been improved and players should now be matched with other players of similar skill more often. There are also additional improvements to location based matchmaking, along with an increased range of qualified match candidates.

Improved Quality of Matches

Improvements were made to the connection range settings (1-5) and should more accurately reflect the quality of incoming matches.

That’s all the news for today but stay tuned as we have even more info surrounding the latest update coming next week! For the latest updates follow us at @StreetFighter on Twitter.
It at least seems like there will be more communication. I really hope capcom doesn't keep fucking that easy aspect up.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
fang doesn't need any changes like that. If anything all he needs is another 30-50 dmg and stun on some combos so he can win in one or two less reads that's it. All his tools are solid.
This guy.. why do you do this?
What F.A.N.G is bodying you that makes you think he is such a good character? There's one man in the world that dares to use this character seriously in tournament and even he knows the character is trash

What F.A.N.G is bodying you that makes you think he is such a good character? There's one man in the world that dares to use this character seriously in tournament and even he knows the character is trash
Yea but that guy has won a Capcom pro tour event and has placed #5 and #9 at two others, may I add that #5 and #9 also had the best players in the world. Show me a Kenshi or Bo rai cho that's done anything close to that? Also Ryu and Chun haven't won anything while Fang has, so it's obviously the player too but can a top MKX player win an esl or combo breaker with reptile or bo rai cho? Highly doubt it my man, meaning that even at trash Fang still viable.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone here going to be playing T7 or KOF14? I figured I could expect most of you to hop on the injustice wave.

Just gotta hope to get the knockdown so you can cross him up, he always attempts to anti air but gets hit.
Getting to that point is a bitch though.
Yeah I noticed the AI is still the typical AI with the same quirky "reads"

StormGoddess

I wouldn't consider FANG bad per se but more of a HONEST character in a game with characters that can do dirty stuff. He really needs a damage buff IMO. I think of him like Storm in UMVC3, not a bad character but in a game with Virgil and Zero she seems to lack. but the reality is with good system knowledge and fundamentals players like Xian and Justin can win with "HONEST" characters. Bottom line is if you like the character and put in the work, all these character seem to be viable and competitive. Xian -FANG, STUPENDOUS-ZANGIEF , the EUROPEAN Laura army, CHRIS G and Guile. Characters all called bad at some point and people making them work. All the while, has CHUN LI taken a major yet?

i didn't say he's the best character in the game or something like that, but he's clearly viable. Every tournament I watch has one or two fangs in top 32, some tournaments have multiple fangs in top 8. The characters main flaw is that he's harder to play than other characters(which is fine) not that his tools are worse than everyone else's by a large margin like you claim.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I will definitely be on T7, going to wait and see on Injustice though.
Yeah I'm bout to hold off on that one too. I really want to like it but there's too many unknowns. Gotta wait like 2 months/couple of tournaments to see if I'll even remotely like it.

I never played IJ or kof or tekken, really just MK and SF.
Come join me and @JJvercetti in Tekken early 2017.

Bottom line is if you like the character and put in the work, all these character seem to be viable and competitive. Xian -FANG, STUPENDOUS-ZANGIEF , the EUROPEAN Laura army, CHRIS G and Guile.
You know if dieminion has competed yet? I know he's the guile everyone's waiting for.

StormGoddess

You know if dieminion has competed yet? I know he's the guile everyone's waiting for.
at CANADA CUP this year, the commentators stated that dieminion didn't like the new GUILE in SFV and he preferred F.A.N.G. He played F.a.n.g that whole tournament so..... who knows how he feels now with CHRIS G finding success. It seems to have lit a fire under Snake eyes with Zangief that others are finding success with him.