What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Aramonde

Noob
I wanna grab a bite and I'll be on in 15-ish minutes. If you're still online I'll shoot up an invite.
Thats cool i found out something with Guile that im practicing anyway. I just hope i dont get bodied as bad as i did against bdizzy.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
GGs man. Shame that it was quite laggy.
Weird cause most of the time it was good for me and i still got my ass kicked lol. I didn't know you were from Europe.

I knew i was gonna get owned when i saw you played Ryu. I hate fighting against him the most XD GGs

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Weird cause most of the time it was good for me and i still got my ass kicked lol. I didn't know you were from Europe.

I knew i was gonna get owned when i saw you played Ryu. I hate fighting against him the most XD GGs
I think you should play lamer and keep zoning. I doubt Ryu can parry shit forever, and especially those ex sonic booms, they're too fast for me to react and parry.

Also BTW you kindda wakeup pressing buttons a bit too much. Try to block more on wakeup. A lot of my meaties kept hitting you.

Aramonde

Noob
I think you should play lamer and keep zoning. I doubt Ryu can parry shit forever, and especially those ex sonic booms, they're too fast for me to react and parry.

Also BTW you kindda wakeup pressing buttons a bit too much. Try to block more on wakeup. A lot of my meaties kept hitting you.
Trust me if you're good at parrying you can parry shit forever people have done it to me. Also you can through fireballs to match mine, ex your own, V-trigger makes your fireballs better than mine. Zoning Ryu doesn't work.

I would but then i get thrown or put into your block string then get counter poked. Then your pressure starts all over again.

GG's @buyacushun - Your FANG is godlike .

Its the same with all you guys it feels like i cant do anything when guys start you pressure. I dont know how anyone wins with this character at high level.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Trust me if you're good at parrying you can parry shit forever people have done it to me. Also you can through fireballs to match mine, ex your own, V-trigger makes your fireballs better than mine. Zoning Ryu doesn't work.

I would but then i get thrown or put into your block string then get counter poked. Then your pressure starts all over again.

GG's @buyacushun - Your FANG is godlike .

Its the same with all you guys it feels like i cant do anything when guys start you pressure. I dont know how anyone wins with this character at high level.
Ggs to you too.

Honestly, I believe if you use meter and v-skill right you should beat ryu in a fireball game. Fastest ex fireball. Meterless 2 hit fireballs. Spend meter to make it 3 hits. Quickest recovery. Just got to play the pacing and spacing better.

As for the wake up thing, that's just something you kind of learn as you keep playing. Just remember you can take way more throws then you can crush counters. But also keep in mind your opponent knows this too. It's just a weird feeling thing you have to do. But, you do press buttons way too often. Even in neutral I think you're too worried about making contact. You should definitely be calmer with guile.

If you haven't, download V frames and/or FAT Frame assist tool on your phone if you can. Basically a handy SFV frame guide and helper. I feel you don't realize who's plus and negative when. And that can make or break a match.

if you want I can teach you the matchup sometime. Go over your options vs all of ryus. I'll hit you up sometime.

Aramonde

Noob
Anyone interested in some beginner matches? Someone around Rookie to Silver to get some matches in. My Cammy isn't bad (it's bad) but trying to learn Laura and it's pathetic atm

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2016/06/22/new-sfv-costumes-and-stages
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2016/06/22/new-sfv-costumes-and-stages
New SFV Costumes and Stages

What’s up World Warriors! In addition to Ibuki and the cinematic Story Mode titled “A Shadow Falls,” we have a ton of other exciting content lined up for the Street Fighter V June update, including new costumes and stages that we wanted to share with you today.

Hit the jump for the full rundown.

All character’s Battle Costumes will become available and purchasable via the PlayStation Store and Steam next week, when the update releases. In the meantime, you can check out screenshots of all these new outfits below!
As a reminder, the pricing for SFV DLC content is as follows:

Fight Money Real Currency

New Characters
100,000 $ 5.99 / € 5.99

New Stages
70,000 $ 3.99 / € 3.99

Alternate Stages
40,000 $ 1.99 / € 1.99

Story Costumes
40,000 $ 1.99 / € 1.99

Premium Costumes
----------

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

That’s it for today, but we still have a few more surprises up for sleeve for the June update so stay tuned! In the meantime, for the latest updates follow us on Twitter at @StreetFighter.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So which are included in the season pass? I know premium for non DLC is not? Is the stages included as well?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You get such little playtime with F.A.N.G that there's almost no point in him having another costume. It's just something that looks different for the first 5-10 seconds of a fight before he is inevitably dragged and beat down in the corner