What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I wonder why infiltration is the only player placing with nash in the CPT events.
Who else notable is playing Nash? I know LI Joe was at the beginning but idk what he's doing now. Knuckle Du is doing pretty well but still needs to find his footing in the new game. Fchamp is starting to use Nash for bad Sim MUs. I think Infiltration is the only really notable player using Nash and he's arguably the best SFV player right now.

Who else notable is playing Nash? I know LI Joe was at the beginning but idk what he's doing now. Knuckle Du is doing pretty well but still needs to find his footing in the new game. Fchamp is starting to use Nash for bad Sim MUs. I think Infiltration is the only really notable player using Nash and he's arguably the best SFV player right now.
Yea pretty sure Nash is Fchamp's second character.

I wonder why infiltration is the only player placing with nash in the CPT events.
Rikki Ortiz is maining Nash now from what I've seen.

It just seemed like Nash was picked up for certain match ups, I wouldn't necessarily say "maining."
rikki has been eliminated from multiple tournaments in a row now without switching to chun. I'd say she mains him. When you're down 0-2 in losers bracket and you stick it out with Nash 3 tourneys in a row I'd say it's at least co maining.

Infiltration is the only person getting knocked down with a character that doesn't have a 3f normal or a reversal and getting back up again. He anti-airs despite the 8f of lag as well somehow
So wait. I thought you couldn't AA in this game? And how exactly does he get up vs insane Ken/Necalli pressure? Does he block? Because I've heard stories that it's impossible to block and punish them.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So wait. I thought you couldn't AA in this game? And how exactly does he get up vs insane Ken/Necalli pressure? Does he block? Because I've heard stories that it's impossible to block and punish them.
Get out of here with the crying that Ken and Necalli, two arguably top 5 characters are not actually good. Infiltration does somekind of jump option-select so he doesn't have to 'guess', he is using a cheap character and he's just good in general. Ken in particular is running the game atm literally

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
A WARNING TO ALL -
CAPCOM iS CHOPPING DOMES...

-http://shoryuken.com/2016/05/23/capcom-pro-tour-2016-rules-updated-to-address-gambling-player-behavior-and-sponsorships/
Capcom recently published the updated set of rules for the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour. While most of the rules should already be familiar to tournament-goers, there are a few important entries that have been added.

Capcom has officially barred sponsors involved in adult entertainment from taking part in the Pro Tour. Additionally, this ruling opens the door for Capcom to ban any other sponsor deemed “inappropriate” at their own discretion.

Aside from this, Capcom has also clarified some rules regarding gambling. Gambling of any form is now banned from all events, and violators may be ejected and even banned from the Pro Tour altogether. This is a significant ruling, as anyone who’s been to fighting game majors knows that the community tends to enjoy having a good “side bet.” How this new ruling ends up being enforced (or whether it sees enforcement at all), is bound to cause a lot of discussion in the community.

Finally, Capcom has also clarified rules regarding player behavior. The company is taking a stance against swearing, harassment, collusion and “other types of conduct deemed inappropriate at Capcom’s sole discretion.” Players caught doing any of these actions may be disqualified or even receive a lifetime ban from future events.

Get out of here with the crying that Ken and Necalli, two arguably top 5 characters are not actually good. Infiltration does somekind of jump option-select so he doesn't have to 'guess', he is using a cheap character and he's just good in general. Ken in particular is running the game atm literally
arguably top 5? Sorry. There is 0 chance that they're top 5. Chun, bison, Nash, Ryu, vega, and Karin are all objectively better than them in pretty much every way. And birdie, cammy, and sim are at least the same level as them. Stop acting like they're destroying everyone else because they're super s tier. Between Ken and Necalli they have 1 tournament win each, same as Laura.