What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
arguably top 5? Sorry. There is 0 chance that they're top 5. Chun, bison, Nash, Ryu, vega, and Karin are all objectively better than them in pretty much every way. And birdie, cammy, and sim are at least the same level as them. Stop acting like they're destroying everyone else because they're super s tier. Between Ken and Necalli they have 1 tournament win each, same as Laura.
Is Bison really top 5? Everyone seems to think he's mainly a scrub destroyer, who's competitiveness falls off at the higher levels of play

arguably top 5? Sorry. There is 0 chance that they're top 5. Chun, bison, Nash, Ryu, vega, and Karin are all objectively better than them in pretty much every way. And birdie, cammy, and sim are at least the same level as them. Stop acting like they're destroying everyone else because they're super s tier. Between Ken and Necalli they have 1 tournament win each, same as Laura.
Bison and Vega are better than Necalli and Ken?

Plz tell me you were just unfrozen from when the Beta was out

Is Bison really top 5? Everyone seems to think he's mainly a scrub destroyer, who's competitiveness falls off at the higher levels of play
eh, you're probably right. Could swap him and sim on my list pretty easily. The point isn't to make a legit tier list it's still kinda early. The point is to tell this fool that Necalli and Ken aren't op and they're for sure not on the same level as Ryu, Karin, Nash, or chun.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
eh, you're probably right. Could swap him and sim on my list pretty easily. The point isn't to make a legit tier list it's still kinda early. The point is to tell this fool that Necalli and Ken aren't op and they're for sure not on the same level as Ryu, Karin, Nash, or chun.
Wasn't saying I'm correct or anything, I'm just a scrub, genuinely asking. That's what I'd read is all

Wasn't saying I'm correct or anything, I'm just a scrub, genuinely asking. That's what I'd read is all
I dunno if he's just a scrub crusher or not yet but his main problem is that he has bad matchups vs all the really good characters. His strongest matchups are vs the mid tiers so he comes across pretty meh in high level play, still seen some great play out of the European bisons. Seems like he loses hard to Ryu, chun, Nash, and vega though.

Tool wise he's pretty damn solid though. He has some of the best buttons in the game.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I think one of the main things to agree on was that at first (peri-beta and slightly post beta) everyone thought Ken was ass, and now everyone categorically places him higher than that now. I'll wait a bit longer before personally placing a numerical value as to how good he is.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think one of the main things to agree on was that at first (peri-beta and slightly post beta) everyone thought Ken was ass, and now everyone categorically places him higher than that now. I'll wait a bit longer before personally placing a numerical value as to how good he is.
Obligatory I liked Ken and never thought he was low tier.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Vega and M.Bison are not better than Ken and Necalli but thank you for sharing your opinion

xQUANTUMx

Obligatory I liked Ken and never thought he was low tier.
a lot of people were up in arms after he got nerfed in the beta but that's a moot point now. Top players have figured out how to properly play him. I think he's only going to get better.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
a lot of people were up in arms after he got nerfed in the beta but that's a moot point now. Top players have figured out how to properly play him. I think he's only going to get better.
Important to not that he isn't even being played properly. People are getting away with some stuff. But I don't think he'll be made worse by higher level play.

xQUANTUMx

Important to not that he isn't even being played properly. People are getting away with some stuff. But I don't think he'll be made worse by higher level play.
oh for sure. The amount of unpunished vskill cancels and whatnot are apparent. But if you aren't punishing it, why stop right?

a lot of people think otherwise, Julio and Chris t specifically have gone out of their way to say that kens are getting away with murder. Just watch momochi or Julio play and count every strong that isn't challenged on block(-2) and every vskill cancel that goes unpunished. The character gets away with more shenanigans than most.

why do you think that is? honest question.
because he has a wide variety of tools and play styles that most high level players rapidly switch between. watch when momochi played vs Haitani at stunfest he kept switching between calculated and hyper aggressive play, it works well now since most people can't actually train vs a Ken of that caliber but it'll probably fall off a bit when people get more matchup exp/player data.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
oh for sure. The amount of unpunished vskill cancels and whatnot are apparent. But if you aren't punishing it, why stop right?
I think this is one aspect where the 8 frames of lag definitely play a part in. And players are going to have to start pressing buttons preemptively to stop it. But yeah, if it works keep doing it. No need to pull all the tricks out of the bag.