What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
All your characters need to die :p
Not my fault you picked the big slow dude. maybe your character should die. That way everyone else doesn't have to deal with fighting Zangief and watching him struggle for 2 minutes.

No game ever had you guess in neutral i guess. Baiting, Reads, punishes, etc etc never took any guesswork. Every single play we see from every player in every game but SFV is done with 100% certainty.

Not my fault you picked the big slow dude. maybe your character should die. That way everyone else doesn't have to deal with fighting Zangief and watching him struggle for 2 minutes.

No game ever had you guess in neutral i guess. Baiting, Reads, punishes, etc etc never took any guesswork. Every single play we see from every player in every game but SFV is done with 100% certainty.
I am not even bothered about the shortcomings of Gief anymore, I just play games and games forever and outlast everyone.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think I figured out Myles' problem. He keeps getting bopped by online F.A.N.Gs. So he started this crusade to get F.A.N.G deleted from the inside. I'm on to you Myles Wright.

I am not even bothered about the shortcomings of Gief anymore, I just play games and games forever and outlast everyone.
Play them until the forfeit? Hmmmm

It's bad enough having to guess everytime you get touched with F.A.N.G. You shouldn't have to be guessing in neutral as well because the game doesn't let you react and it's been done 100% on purpose.

The aim was for the game to be more offensive, less passive, less turtley etc etc. The perfect way to do that is by stripping you of all defensive options and making sure you can't react or defend yourself even if you want to
Uh. Game is less turtley? Then why do Justin Wong and infiltration do so well? Wong plays 100% for the footsie game in most matchups and just makes a wall, and infiltration sits back and hits you with booms till he catches you slipping.

You just sound like you get bopped by kens and necallis all day and are salty.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Street fighter 4 had 8 frames too when ps3 was the tournament standard, then the community switched to 360 version because it had 5. Then when ps4 version came out it also had 8, people complained, capcom patched it down to 5 again. This has happened twice already, stop acting like 3 frames never makes a difference
It does make a difference. Just not big enough for anyone not invested in competitive play. No, 3f of lag wasn't why you didn't punish necalli's 21f recovery st.hk.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Uh. Game is less turtley? Then why do Justin Wong and infiltration do so well? Wong plays 100% for the footsie game in most matchups and just makes a wall, and infiltration sits back and hits you with booms till he catches you slipping.

You just sound like you get bopped by kens and necallis all day and are salty.
How can you come to the conclusion that it isn't less turtley with Grey life, high dmg, high stun and the throw game.

I'm not salty I'm saying exactly what happens. Ken and Necalli are characters that should have a hard time in neutral yet they don't especially against a character like F.A.N.G that is incapable of punishing them hard enough for doing anything. Jump, dash or st.hk until one actually works and you win

No, 3f of lag wasn't why you didn't punish necalli's 21f recovery st.hk.
I saw Tokido earlier today not whiff punishing Gamerbees Necalli st.hk and the commentaters talking about it being difficult to whiff punish. I am also seeing people use characters with dragonpunches block jump-ins when they have the perfect answer to them. Something going on isn't right and one factor is the '8f of lag'

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Jump, dash or st.hk until one actually works and you win
If you do something and it's not working then you're probably getting hit. You talk like none of those three options have any risk and you're not eating damage for constantly putting yourself in danger.

I saw Tokido earlier today not whiff punishing Gamerbees Necalli st.hk and the commentaters talking about it being difficult to whiff punish. I am also seeing people use characters with dragonpunches block jump-ins when they have the perfect answer to them. Something going on isn't right and one factor is the '8f of lag'
If we say that the reaction time is average 20 frames (I've seen it around there but I'm sure that's on the quick side) and you're using a 5 frame normal to punish (A nice middle ground for startup in this game), then you got about a 4 frame window to press your button. 4 frames to be at the correct distance and have something barely miss and know that you should press that 5 frame normal. Say you used a 7 frame normal (maybe you need a HK to reach) and you got a 2 frame window now.

While that is difficult, everyone misses punishes. And it's easy to miss a DP against a jump in or not even attempt a DP. Even Daigo misses anti airs with Ryu.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yea, I know it has more uses but I honestly almost never see anyone using it, and when I do see it like once every 2 or 3 tournaments it's always against cammy's cannon strike Lol.
I think people only seem to be comfortable using against that for some reason.
Cause it's like Cammy's thing when she jumps. Just means Cammy players got to advance a bit in the ryu MU. I still remember seeing a ryu parry bison scissor kicks. And to think people were calling the shotos low tier. The FGC man, it's funny it always happens.

Cause it's like Cammy's thing when she jumps. Just means Cammy players got to advance a bit in the ryu MU. I still remember seeing a ryu parry bison scissor kicks. And to think people were calling the shotos low tier. The FGC man, it's funny it always happens.
I also think that it has more recovery on whiff so some players are hesitant.

I'm starting to think ryu's parry is only useful against cammy's cannon strike honestly.
super good vs her v skill too, but It's useful vs quite a few moves. Try using it vs karins and ryus. When Karin goes cr mp into mp you can party the stand mp and punish if she gets predictable. Also good vs ryus that use crmk into fireball too much, you can parry the fireball usually and punish. Also decent vs bison.

How can you come to the conclusion that it isn't less turtley with Grey life, high dmg, high stun and the throw game.

I'm not salty I'm saying exactly what happens. Ken and Necalli are characters that should have a hard time in neutral yet they don't especially against a character like F.A.N.G that is incapable of punishing them hard enough for doing anything. Jump, dash or st.hk until one actually works and you win

if you think ken and Necalli don't have trouble in the neutral game vs characters like chun, Nash, and Karin then there's nothing I can tell you to change your mind. You have to have some kind of fundamental defect that either makes you unable to objectively evaluate a characters tools or you don't understand what the neutral game is.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
If you do something and it's not working then you're probably getting hit. You talk like none of those three options have any risk and you're not eating damage for constantly putting yourself in danger.
It's F.A.N.G. They definitely aren't putting themselves in danger or eating damage

if you think ken and Necalli don't have trouble in the neutral game vs characters like chun, Nash, and Karin then there's nothing I can tell you to change your mind. You have to have some kind of fundamental defect that either makes you unable to objectively evaluate a characters tools or you don't understand what the neutral game is.
I think you need to watch more japanese Ken and Necalli. Having shorter limbs does not equal trouble in neutral, if anything it's the opposite in this game because Capcom overly compensate you for it. Karin and Chun Li have better ground games so what do Ken and Necalli do? They take it to the air where the risk/reward is heavily skewed in their favor plus they can alter their jump arcs against two characters that have to anti-air with normals or can't really anti-air at all in certain situations. If your anti-airing (which gets nothing anyway) it means you aren't pressing buttons on the gro... oh 15f dash up throw/pressure

The level that these characters neutral disgusts me is indescribable because it shouldn't be legit but it just is

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone trying to play? Message me

It's F.A.N.G. They definitely aren't putting themselves in danger or eating damage
I don't know how much you even know about SF. Constantly making the wrong little decisions and eating something as basic as cr.MPx2 is how a lot of matches can be lost. Just because it's possible to chunk out 300 damage at one point doesn't lessen the 30 damage you took 10 times over the course of a match.

All this points to you just not liking SF. So I suggest you pick up an airdash fighter (Xrd, BBCPE, Marvel), a 3D game (DoA, VF, Tekken), or play more NRS games. If you want more hits to lead to chunks of damage/pressure.

I think you need to watch more japanese Ken and Necalli. Having shorter limbs does not equal trouble in neutral, if anything it's the opposite in this game because Capcom overly compensate you for it. Karin and Chun Li have better ground games so what do Ken and Necalli do? They take it to the air where the risk/reward is heavily skewed in their favor plus they can alter their jump arcs against two characters that have to anti-air with normals or can't really anti-air at all in certain situations. If your anti-airing (which gets nothing anyway) it means you aren't pressing buttons on the gro... oh 15f dash up throw/pressure

The level that these characters neutral disgusts me is indescribable because it shouldn't be legit but it just is
Man I had no idea all these Japanese kens and necallis were out there tearing up the scene. Oh wait, it's like Haitini and momochi. That's it. The rest of the scene is the same old players, mago, daigo, tokido, etc. ken and Necalli are straight up mid tier dawg. There are some godlike players that main them though.