What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Guile is SICK!
He is safe on everything, great zoning, ok damage, target combos, reversal, 3F jab, great range, he can keep his charge while performing B. lk, amazing V-trigger, great V-skill, great CA, mobility, good crush counters and good AAs, an overhead.... He looks sooo good so far!
Combofiend said guile quickest move is 4 frames.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I swear you need just-frame charge cancels for some of these Guile trials. I want the fight money but not that bad

EDIT: Done them. They weren't actually hard

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't know how I feel about guile v trigger combos. I mean how many times is guile going to get a jump in and not have used his v trigger or v reversal. It's also a great neutral tool too. I wonder if capcom would change any variables on his mini booms so soon.

I don't know how I feel about guile v trigger combos. I mean how many times is guile going to get a jump in and not have used his v trigger or v reversal. It's also a great neutral tool too. I wonder if capcom would change any variables on his mini booms so soon.
So if I'm understanding correctly you're saying he's a bit too strong with that?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
"No one should take day 1 complainers seriously"

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
"No one should take day 1 complainers seriously"
I know it's hard for you to understand an actual discussion but that's not complaining. Hint: I didn't say "just delete guile he's too strong.

Should I take you quoting me as agreeing with me? Your level of complaining is ridiculous.
So if I'm understanding correctly you're saying he's a bit too strong with that?
I was just trying to start the conversation on it cause I like that kind of discussion. (Too strong, too weak, blah blah.) So it was more me trying to see all the sides of it. I like to wait a while before saying it's too strong or too weak. Yeah it does a lot but guile has always been one without a comeback factor. So who's knows how it balanCes out for him.

?? I'm not understanding why it needs to start from a jump in.
I haven't played him yet. All videos I see start from a jump in. Do you know the distance/what normals he can confirm off for this? I see he needs the slow mini boom and to dash so I don't know where it's actually useable in his toolset.

I know it's hard for you to understand an actual discussion but that's not complaining. Hint: I didn't say "just delete guile he's too strong.

Should I take you quoting me as agreeing with me? Your level of complaining is ridiculous.

I was just trying to start the conversation on it cause I like that kind of discussion. (Too strong, too weak, blah blah.) So it was more me trying to see all the sides of it. I like to wait a while before saying it's too strong or too weak. Yeah it does a lot but guile has always been one without a comeback factor. So who's knows how it balanCes out for him.

I haven't played him yet. All videos I see start from a jump in. Do you know the distance/what normals he can confirm off for this? I see he needs the slow mini boom and to dash so I don't know where it's actually useable in his toolset.
Yea I wasn't questioning you on it I just didn't understand if that was a good or bad thing so I got confused, but yea in my opinion he seems to do way too much damage with his vTrigger into combo. But yea we'll have to wait to see how he's played,weaknesses,etc.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yea I wasn't questioning you on it I just didn't understand if that was a good or bad thing so I got confused, but yea in my opinion he seems to do way too much damage with his vTrigger into combo. But yea we'll have to wait to see how he's played,weaknesses,etc.
Right now I'm fine with him doing 50% ish combos. Looking at it again I noticed he just needs to cancel his boom into trigger. So now it seems is actually pretty easy for Him to do. But I don't know how realistically guile would tag you in the corner with a normal into boom. I would say early change would be to just make it do like 30% ish before super. I don't know enough about him to talk about other variables. But again I'm perfectly alright with that damage plus it does less at lower health, and I don't really know SF to know how much that changes about this combo. But I usually play games with big damage. I can definitely see capcom nerfing the damage.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hey all, I'm new to charge characters so I don't know if this is normal or not but Guile can easily keep his charge upon being crossed up. I was under the impression that charge characters always lose charge after being crossed up and that was one of their weaknesses. But Guile doesn't have a problem with in it seems

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

Why would I be complaining about Guile lol? He probably bodies F.A.N.G but so does everyone. I'm not going to use Guile but hopefully he is good and look I forward to seeing some of these characters actually having to work for the immense reward they are given for "getting in" when they weren't out in the first place

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why would I be complaining about Guile lol? He probably bodies F.A.N.G but so does everyone. I'm not going to use Guile but hopefully he is good and look I forward to seeing some of these characters actually having to work for the immense reward they are given for "getting in" when they weren't out in the first place
Wow all those words and not an actual response. Amazing.

Hey all, I'm new to charge characters so I don't know if this is normal or not but Guile can easily keep his charge upon being crossed up. I was under the impression that charge characters always lose charge after being crossed up and that was one of their weaknesses. But Guile doesn't have a problem with in it seems
No inputs showing? Trash video.

But if you're only holding one direction and pressing the button once ken makes it over, then back becomes forward and you pressed punch. B,F+P= sonic boom. I'm pretty sure same thing has given me accidental command grabs with mika.

I have usf4, I can try it there and tell you what happens.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

No inputs showing? Trash video.

But if you're only holding one direction and pressing the button once ken makes it over, then back becomes forward and you pressed punch. B,F+P= sonic boom. I'm pretty sure same thing has given me accidental command grabs with mika.
When he crosses over I hold the direction he came from then press forward. I'll put my inputs on lol.

EDIT: Never mind, it turns out it's just auto correcting when I press forward+p when Ken crosses me up. I was a little disappointed however I did figure out I can use this to reliably anti-crossup super lol.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
. . .

I don't know if Guiles V-trigger is OP and if it was I wouldn't be able to tell because it's not like F.A.N.G has any options anyway. If you use this character you should be accustomed to being confronted with bs and losing to it, it's pretty standard

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
. . .

I don't know if Guiles V-trigger is OP and if it was I wouldn't be able to tell because it's not like F.A.N.G has any options anyway. If you use this character you should be accustomed to being confronted with bs and losing to it, it's pretty standard
And we're back to complaining. Ok.

When he crosses over I hold the direction he came from then press forward. I'll put my inputs on lol.

EDIT: Never mind, it turns out it's just auto correcting when I press forward+p when Ken crosses me up. I was a little disappointed however I did figure out I can use this to reliably anti-crossup super lol.
Was going to say it sounds like you're describing what I said but reverse the directions. Lot of buffer systems in SFV. I feel it's a bit too much sometimes