What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Can anybody tell me some stuff about Guile? How is he from the 2 minutes you've had with him? I hear that his upside down kick is forward+roundhouse, is this true?

usedcar, how's his backwards walkspeed, too?

Can anybody tell me some stuff about Guile? How is he from the 2 minutes you've had with him? I hear that his upside down kick is forward+roundhouse, is this true?

First impression is that hes way better than M. Bison, he has great swag potential too. Not sure about much more than that.

His backwalk speed is meh

Of anyone is wondering which platform they should get SFV on its PC. Theres an extremely easy exploit that gives you unlimited fight money and the graphics are better

#PCmasterace

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

From the 2 minutes I've practiced with him...

-SFIV stHP is now bHP
-All 3 of his standing HP attacks are CCs (backfist crumples, stHP launches really high, bHP knocks down)
-Upside down kick only leads to a combo into jab on counter
-He's really weird to combo with cuz everything is straight charge lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Alright Im all over Guile he is so fucking sick and smooth to play as in this and his buttons just make so much sense to me. Players really think hes not good so far? Seems like he has an answer for everything and legit ass keep away. Only hard part seems like maximizing charge time at all times but he definitely has the ability to do that when you get used to it. B.st.lk to keep boom charge while moving forward and now crouch walk to keep flash kick charge. Plus is vskill and trigger seem extremely good. Lots of combo potential too, 3 solid crush counters, target combos... like damn this character is sick

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Guile is SICK!
He is safe on everything, great zoning, ok damage, target combos, reversal, 3F jab, great range, he can keep his charge while performing B. lk, amazing V-trigger, great V-skill, great CA, mobility, good crush counters and good AAs, an overhead.... He looks sooo good so far!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What changes would you like to see implemented to FANG? more damage on his poison? an invincible move? better normals? I would figure he would be harder for Capcom to balance since he uses a system mechanic(poison) new to SFV.

eta- i hear alot of FANG players wanting buffs but ive never heard the requested changes...
Poison could do more damage and/or tick faster. They could do like NRS and make the poison tick differently for his moves. (Specials,skill,trigger,super) but they probably won't stack. I'd be ok with the damage/tick rate being from the last applied poison move.

I think he still has an OS against his wakeup. If they don't fix that them make either ex line punch or ex trap strike invincible. So then you guess either strike or throw. Though I'm not sure that would fix it.

He has a weird thing where he moves forward With a few normals. But it's gotten me hit on startup a few times. Like I try to space MP or HP or even sweep, but my opponent stick out something like ken's cr.MP and I step in to it. Maybe shrink the hurtbox a bit more. But I could probably live without this change.

I never done testing on his normals but he might need a buff on his AAs. To me he a character that should be as easy as nash and birdie to AA. But his actually needs to be Spaced and angles matter. So it's possible I don't have it all figured out but right now it's difficult unless I'm on point.

Make super hit more air approaches/angles.

I definitely want a poison buff and for the wakeup OS to be removed. And the super change. I might need to just wait and get it to hit really deep but even then a buff to that wouldn't put him up there. I don't think he could sit on meter unless he's eating that match.

The thing with the poison is if I've been keeping up with you in damage the v-trigger and poison overall, either ensures I make it close or tips the game to my favor