What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
f.hp.... F.HP.... the 25 frame move thats punishable on block and can be crush countered DURING armor frames?

Cant even troll well dooooood
Hey srry i had to bounce like that. Om aay late to worklol.oops. yout birdie is hella good ggs. Pm if you ever want to play more

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
dont make me post more of our matches so qwark can roast you again
Oh no someone on the internet is going to critique my third character. Ooooohh nnoooooo. See me and my Mika do when you ready for a two big helpings of salad to toss. I'm going to have you looking like Kevin Gates.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can someone help me understand the throw system? Like does anyone know the ins and outs of it so I can maybe figure out why I'm having problems teching throws.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Can someone help me understand the throw system? Like does anyone know the ins and outs of it so I can maybe figure out why I'm having problems teching throws.
Wont say I know the ends and outs, but I remember before release some one mentioning the window to tech is much smaller, and no more crouch teching, (I think)

You have to force yourself to learn how to tech throws on "reaction"

In my experience, teching throws in SFV was hard at first coming from MKX because MKX taught you not to tech throws because it was too risky when you could easily avoid the situation or neutral crouch and full punish.

However, teching throws in SFV is much more intuitive. You have to react to and read throws at the same time. Its much more intuitive, requires work and is one the reasons top players get opened up ny "shimmies".

You have to react to the walk forwards timing and also the timing of a throw after blocked jumpin punch plus player tendencies into throw. Its not easy.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wont say I know the ends and outs, but I remember before release some one mentioning the window to tech is much smaller, and no more crouch teching, (I think)
IDK about the tech window but crouch tech is gone. Down+LP+LK = Throw only.

You have to force yourself to learn how to tech throws on "reaction"

In my experience, teching throws in SFV was hard at first coming from MKX because MKX taught you not to tech throws because it was too risky when you could easily avoid the situation or neutral crouch and full punish.

However, teching throws in SFV is much more intuitive. You have to react to and read throws at the same time. Its much more intuitive, requires work and is one the reasons top players get opened up ny "shimmies".

You have to react to the walk forwards timing and also the timing of a throw after blocked jumpin punch plus player tendencies into throw. Its not easy.
Thanks but that's not what I'm asking. I'm already aware of all that stuff. My question is to find out if there's some way I can tell what I did wrong when I get thrown. Maybe I inputted the throw too early. Is there a lock out? Stuff like that.

In Blazblue whenever you get thrown there is visual feedback all over the place that let's you know exactly why. SF has none of that so I figured if I knew exactly how the system works I could deduce what's going on.

IDK about the tech window but crouch tech is gone. Down+LP+LK = Throw only.

Thanks but that's not what I'm asking. I'm already aware of all that stuff. My question is to find out if there's some way I can tell what I did wrong when I get thrown. Maybe I inputted the throw too early. Is there a lock out? Stuff like that.

In Blazblue whenever you get thrown there is visual feedback all over the place that let's you know exactly why. SF has none of that so I figured if I knew exactly how the system works I could deduce what's going on.
Theres nothing like that in SFV. Its strictly intuitive. You have to take the heat.