What's new

Street Fighter 6 General Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Gief needs something to wakeup with, and even if he gets that the Dahlsim matchup still going to be terrible, his pick parry should just have a low version or maybe it should definitely catch every normal in the game outside of kicks.
Outside of Jamie who needs three drinks, no character who has a command grab has an OD special move that is invincible to both strikes and throws, which is obviously a balance decision by Capcom. In some of the previous games, command grab characters with strong defense caused balance and match up problems.

Marisa is the best of that type, though. She has the highest damage output, okizeme after her command grab, and a serviceable counter attack.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So you want them to sell a fighting game with 18 characters, rising the price for dlc chars, bad single player content and a ranked system that is completely fucked up? I rather want them not to go capcoms route...
The ranking system in NRS games isn’t great. I’d much rather see a system like SF4 (or even SF6), where you have an overall rank (Player Points aka PP), and you have a character rank. That system is so much better for learning new characters. Because with the NRS ranking system, if you get to a high rank with your main, then you want to try another character, you’re going to be going up against opponents using their mains at the ranking you got to with your main and it’s going to be difficult to get better with that character. So yeah, Street Fighter’s ranking system is at the very least superior to NRS’.

As far as single player content, all you really need is a really good training mode, a tutorial mode, and a combo trial mode. Obviously NRS games are always going to have a good story mode as the playerbase is 99% casuals, but for me, story mode is just a bonus. For instance in MK11, I played the story mode until I unlocked Frost, skipping all cutscenes/dialogue along the way. Once I unlocked her, I never played the story mode again.

The Krypt and Towers were a mistake. Such a colossal waste of time. In MK1, I just hope you can at the very least also unlock stuff via online play. Having to grind boring & pointless single player content makes the games tedious and unfun imo.

js ¯\(ツ)

molambo

(X ౪ X )
The ranking system in NRS games isn’t great. I’d much rather see a system like SF4 (or even SF6), where you have an overall rank (Player Points aka PP), and you have a character rank. That system is so much better for learning new characters. Because with the NRS ranking system, if you get to a high rank with your main, then you want to try another character, you’re going to be going up against opponents using their mains at the ranking you got to with your main and it’s going to be difficult to get better with that character. So yeah, Street Fighter’s ranking system is at the very least superior to NRS’.

As far as single player content, all you really need is a really good training mode, a tutorial mode, and a combo trial mode. Obviously NRS games are always going to have a good story mode as the playerbase is 99% casuals, but for me, story mode is just a bonus. For instance in MK11, I played the story mode until I unlocked Frost, skipping all cutscenes/dialogue along the way. Once I unlocked her, I never played the story mode again.

The Krypt and Towers were a mistake. Such a colossal waste of time. In MK1, I just hope you can at the very least also unlock stuff via online play. Having to grind boring & pointless single player content makes the games tedious and unfun imo.

js ¯\(ツ)
True, even tho I would prefer either sf4 or t7 ranking style over sf6 as I mentioned somewhere else already.

Story mode is a one and done for me. I enjoy it for what it is while knowing it doesn't take that long. It's like a cheesy 80s movie which kinda fits this games legacy.

I have mixed feelings about the krypt but I wouldn't be mad when it's gone. Same for world tour in a possible sf7.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Sorry... Rashid is a pile of shit... I'm going to bring him up everytime somone says MK is unballenced and broken... this charicter is a fucking joke... and I am not talking about that near infinite chip thing you can parry out of.... kinda.

SF6 is general is the most broken it has ever been and I have been hearing he same about the new tekkan.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sorry... Rashid is a pile of shit... I'm going to bring him up everytime somone says MK is unballenced and broken... this charicter is a fucking joke... and I am not talking about that near infinite chip thing you can parry out of.... kinda.

SF6 is general is the most broken it has ever been and I have been hearing he same about the new tekkan.

The infinite was already patched out by the time you made this post lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
that is why I specifically said I'm not talking about that....
What? You literally said "kinda" as your very next word LOL!

And I don't know if you've played it, but it's pretty balanced all things considered. Just has it's usual top/bottom tiers like any game. But guys like SnakeEyes who use the Bottom 1 (maybe bottom 2?) character in the game is literally wrecking top tiers and top players. That's as close to balanced as you get for a launch no-patch game six weeks out.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What? You literally said "kinda" as your very next word LOL!

And I don't know if you've played it, but it's pretty balanced all things considered. Just has it's usual top/bottom tiers like any game. But guys like SnakeEyes who use the Bottom 1 (maybe bottom 2?) character in the game is literally wrecking top tiers and top players. That's as close to balanced as you get for a launch no-patch game six weeks out.
The way SnakeEyes runs thru people with Zangief is truly a sight to see

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

I'm playing Rashid and will tell you, he is not everyone's cup of tea

His normals are slow, his low forward its short, he depends heavily on meter to do most stuff, even his overhead doesn't have crushing proprieties, Ken's Dragon Lash and Cammy's dive kicks will crush better crouching normals than any rashid option when he uses overheads or arabian into flight, which only avoids kicks btw.
He can run as much as he wants and pressure as much as he needs, but in the end he is not the bought the char, and goona do shit, it takes time to evolve to that spot, can't wait to see what ppl will come up with at evo, i'm just not seeing it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
that dash kick thing?... it ismassivly minus on block, you can punish with heavy buttons.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I hope there is a rank up point coming (for me) where there are fewer people who's entire game plan is walk forward, go for cross up jump and mash crouching jab when minus; full stop.

I've had to put down quite a few of them today but man it can get annoying

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
People talk about Drive Impact and I've gotten bodied by it plenty of times and many times to come but the real eye opener is Drive Rush. The difference compared to normal hit confirms and lets say 'optimal' confirms and BNBs on a player who is using their drive meter and making use of Drive Rush normals is big time.

The game actually reminds of MKX but on some of good armor fundamental notes/crazy dash normals notes and less of the 50/50 notes. But also shades of MK11's meter system but widely expanded. I'm enjoying the game to the point of frustration and it's been a while since I dug a new fighter like this.

Can't wait for MK1 tho gonna try to play both

Dude every top player in the world is there. The event is hype as hell.
i find it kinda disturbing how uncritical people attending these events are. same goes for anything red-bull sponsored as its the company of ruthless neo-fascist dietmar mateschitz (who recently passed though).