What's new

Street Fighter 6 General Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
i find it kinda disturbing how uncritical people attending these events are. same goes for anything red-bull sponsored as its the company of ruthless neo-fascist dietmar mateschitz (who recently passed though).
Wait until he finds out about global oil imports.

Maybe Kakeru can make up the cash he lost on that dropped setup against Tokido at evo

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I really hate how people minimize things happening outside of white people countries because of political issues… as if there isn’t horrid things happening to black people in America or some other minority in some other place. Not everything is politics let people enjoy things.

Don’t like it? Fine! Don’t criticize innocent people for enjoying themselves though. And don’t give me that holier than thou stuff. Lol

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Finally got up to Diamond with Jamie. Feel like the last week or so has been considerably better progress as I've been a lot more patient in play instead of mashing. Also slowly undoing bad habits. Still can't react to DI worth a shit for some reason, though.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Finally got up to Diamond with Jamie. Feel like the last week or so has been considerably better progress as I've been a lot more patient in play instead of mashing. Also slowly undoing bad habits. Still can't react to DI worth a shit for some reason, though.
Don´t feel bad about not being able to react to DI, even the pros get hit with it a lot. Feels very good when that 1/10 times you was able to tho :D

Amirluc

Kaballin'
The only thing that’s slightly bothering me about this game is the tournament mode is still broken. As someone who tries to get every achievement/trophy for most games, it’s a tiny bit frustrating. But still love it

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Chun is so much fun!!!!! Have not touched Kim since I clicked with Chun. Love how deep the character is, feels so rewarding to play. Really hoping MK1 brings some complex characters, all the characters played similar in MK11 which got kinda old.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Chun is so much fun!!!!! Have not touched Kim since I clicked with Chun. Love how deep the character is, feels so rewarding to play. Really hoping MK1 brings some complex characters, all the characters played similar in MK11 which got kinda old.
I really like her. I play Marisa some and when my brain starts drooling I know I should go back a play Chun who will force me to play.

I'm probably not good enough to play her, but I think she helps me learn the actual game and I feel more rewarded for my efforts than using my other character

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not like charge characters... I find the moves hard to do for some reason. but I have played her with modern and she is a lot of fun that way.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I do not like charge characters... I find the moves hard to do for some reason. but I have played her with modern and she is a lot of fun that way.
IDM charge for Kikoken… and no one uses bird without stance which switches the input to a non charge if you cancel from it… give her another shot!

Something that I found really helpful with charging Chun's moves was learning that Kikoken takes 50f to charge (OD is 45f) while SBK is only 30f charge.
So going in not knowing they aren't the same can make throwing Kikokens pretty unintuitive compared to SBK coming out easily, whereas all the other charge characters are a uniform 40-45f charge on all their moves.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And for Chun-Li remember when you cancel a normal into stance into her charge moves, you don't have to charge them to do it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Meh... Charge moves have been an issue fro me since the sf2 arcade days... not interested in learning it.. Modern is good enough for me for when I play those ones, but I main Lilly anyway and having a blast with her.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Loving Marisa's one!

DJ's looks great.

The other two are meh.

I think Juri's one will be the kind that people like as a concept (I don't), but I don't think it will look good in game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Loving Marisa's one!

DJ's looks great.

The other two are meh.

I think Juri's one will be the kind that people like as a concept (I don't), but I don't think it will look good in game.
While they aren't the most objective and quite interested in people buying them, at the reveal of these at Evo, the devs specifically said the Juri outfit was kind of an in house favorite and looks really cool in motion.

I'm really ready to see the in game versions though. They are what matters in the end

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm finally getting to play a bit more the last couple of days. Made Diamond with a couple of characters so far.

After watching a Diamond Ryu round start DI into tatsu, and proceed to double dash into point blank hard sweep and rando DP multiple times, I'm pretty sure Diamond it a non-accomplishment

molambo

(X ౪ X )
I'm finally getting to play a bit more the last couple of days. Made Diamond with a couple of characters so far.

After watching a Diamond Ryu round start DI into tatsu, and proceed to double dash into point blank hard sweep and rando DP multiple times, I'm pretty sure Diamond it a non-accomplishment
the whole system seems to be made in a way that as long as you keep playing and having a +50% winrate you will reach master at one point where the real ranking starts where that new elo based system gets into play.