What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
That's my guess as well, at this point. As long as she's in I'll be content, but I was really hoping for her in the base roster with a role in the story. If she's out entirely I'll be really, really bummed.
I’m gonna be so sad if they don’t include her turning good ;( or bring her from the past to see the revenant version and they face off !! Omg I’m gonna be so sad lol

vapid

cyber warlord
I'll be honest, my favorite mk character has always been Ermac. Every mk game that's announced, I'm always super hyped to main Ermac and sub zero and after 6 months of playing the game, I find that ermac is nowhere near my best character and I end up maining someone else.

In mk9 I ended up maining Nightwolf, a character I always thought was pointless. In mkx I was sooooo hyped for Ermac and found after awhile I was fucking amazing with Sonya, who I always hated and sucked with Ermac.

This is why I'm not stressing about the roster and who I'll end up maining. For all I know I'm going to get super hyped for Noob and end up being better with someone I truly don't give a shit about like Kano hahaha.
This is kind of how I felt with Quan Chi. I loved him in MK9 as he was pretty agile and had some good combos backed up by zoning specials, but in MKX he was much bigger and slower, and just felt too sluggish compared to how he was in MK9. As a result, I tried him a few times but never really gelled with the character and never mained him.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Especially with Jade's MK9 ending, Kitana's MKX ending, and the Tanya/Rain plot in MKX, it feels like 'restoring Edenia' is a plot point they've been building towards. It would be bizarre for Sindel not to factor into that.
An Edenia subplot would be dope. Especially since Shao Kahn is also in you could do a lot with the personal history there. You could also throw Rain in there as a wildcard on either side.

SinkFla

Noob
UPDATE:
Been busy this weekend and I haven't read any more of this thread yet so I'm not sure what's out there and what isn't. My posts however got some attention elsewhere and since then I've heard/seen more things. To the person who traded deets with me and who's probably reading this right now, don't worry I'm not gonna let any cats out of the bag lol. I just wanted to update/amend what I've heard but I promise not to let the big things slip (unless I'm permitted to do so). A promise is a promise.

All I'm going to say is that my information on CET was INCORRECT. Yes, the character is female but she is not a monster. All other info/leaks I've shared in past posts STILL STAND. Some other posters have gotten some things right, too (even if they seem comical). There is some bonker ass shit the future of MK11 holds that no one is going to see coming IF they all end up being true.

But yeah, CET is not a monster. That is all.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
This came up for me when sfv was announced. I knew there was practically, if not literally, zero % chance of Hakan making it in. In some ways it's kind of liberating. New main, new experiences, and so on. That said, of course I'm hopeful for the return of Shang. But if not, there are already two characters shown that are cool imo and, despite not spending enough time on him in MKX, I loved Kotal Kahn so, if the leaks are true and if Shang doesn't show, I already have too many characters I like lol.

I guess my point is, the game looks amazing. Very excited no matter what the base roster looks like.

UPDATE:
Been busy this weekend and I haven't read any more of this thread yet so I'm not sure what's out there and what isn't. My posts however got some attention elsewhere and since then I've heard/seen more things. To the person who traded deets with me and who's probably reading this right now, don't worry I'm not gonna let any cats out of the bag lol. I just wanted to update/amend what I've heard but I promise not to let the big things slip (unless I'm permitted to do so). A promise is a promise.

All I'm going to say is that my information on CET was INCORRECT. Yes, the character is female but she is not a monster. All other info/leaks I've shared in past posts STILL STAND. Some other posters have gotten some things right, too (even if they seem comical). There is some bonker ass shit the future of MK11 holds that no one is going to see coming IF they all end up being true.

But yeah, CET is not a monster. That is all.
What's your take on the recent Brazilian VA team interview and how it conflicts with widely adopted assumptions about the roster? In the interview it is mentioned that Cassie has an interesting relationship with a new playable male character. It can't be CET, who is supposedly female. There's no way Cassie will kick it with Geras. That leaves KOL. Got anything about KOL being on the good side and being buds with Cass, or are we in for more than 3 playable newcomers?

SinkFla

Noob
What's your take on the recent Brazilian VA team interview and how it conflicts with widely adopted assumptions about the roster? In the interview it is mentioned that Cassie has an interesting relationship with a new playable male character. It can't be CET, who is supposedly female. There's no way Cassie will kick it with Geras. That leaves KOL. Got anything about KOL being on the good side and being buds with Cass, or are we in for more than 3 playable newcomers?
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I know anything about this. But it is definitely an interesting thing to bring up! I uhhh gotta watch what I say about KOL apparently. There's some interesting backstory for him but as far as being connected to Cass? I don't know but I highly doubt it.

edit: and I use the term backstory loosely lmao.

vapid

cyber warlord
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I know anything about this. But it is definitely an interesting thing to bring up! I uhhh gotta watch what I say about KOL apparently. There's some interesting backstory for him but as far as being connected to Cass? I don't know but I highly doubt it.

edit: and I use the term backstory loosely lmao.
Watch KOL just be Shang Tsung. CET is Rain.

/roster

vapid

cyber warlord
KOL is absolutely not ST lol. But I'm excited to see him.
Why don't you tell us who he is?

What is the point of leaks if you just tease people with the information? :(

I don't see what is to be gained; either keep the information to yourself, or share it in full. If you just want to say, post-reveal, 'I was right, I told you X was Y' then we'll just be saying 'well not really, you just gave as vague a description as possible.'

Why does your friend care what you say about KOL? It's not like, assuming it's legit, that he can be pinpointed as the only source.

SinkFla

Noob
Why don't you tell us who he is?

What is the point of leaks if you just tease people with the information? :(

I don't see what is to be gained; either keep the information to yourself, or share it in full. If you just want to say, post-reveal, 'I was right, I told you X was Y' then we'll just be saying 'well not really, you just gave as vague a description as possible.'

Why does your friend care what you say about KOL? It's not like, assuming it's legit, that he can be pinpointed as the only source.
? I did say who it was. Or so I thought I did. Kollector. Cyborg but not like Sektor/Cyrax. That's old info I already posted. I said some guesses that other people attributed to him were correct (as comical as they may seem). I mean that shouldn't be TOO hard to figure out. If you do and it's right I'll give ya a thumbs up.

If I go overboard and start throwing out too much info then it could get people who are possibly close to the actual development teams in trouble, and someone could lose their job. And I agree with the last thing you said but it's not just 1 person anymore and as of this moment there's some drama surrounding leaks (that I alluded to). I just merely wanted to clarify that my old CET info is wrong. But the rest stays the same.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Hoooraaaa!:eek::rolleyes::eek::D Open your champagne! J A C Q U I is confirmed, my main is confirmed!:DOGE Hooorraaaaa!! So cool character;), i love her so much:p! Thanx, NRS:rolleyes:, that is a gift to all NRS fans:)!:qtl:r:qtr:fp

vapid

cyber warlord
Hey, cards on the table mate, I don't think we're going to get a four-armed cyborg in MK 11, but I am absolutely prepared to be proven wrong on this.

I do think it would be an unpopular move to not have any cyborgs on the roster, and NRS can't make Triborg DLC again, so that's the one thing that I think gives some credence to your apparent leak, but I still think it sounds odd.

But who knows? Maybe you're right. I just think it sounds... far-fetched. Yes, even by MK standards. :D

SinkFla

Noob
Hey, cards on the table mate, I don't think we're going to get a four-armed cyborg in MK 11, but I am absolutely prepared to be proven wrong on this.

I do think it would be an unpopular move to not have any cyborgs on the roster, and NRS can't make Triborg DLC again, so that's the one thing that I think gives some credence to your apparent leak, but I still think it sounds odd.

But who knows? Maybe you're right. I just think it sounds... far-fetched. Yes, even by MK standards. :D
Honestly, it is very far fetched IMO too. But crazier shit has happened. And crazier shit than that will happen, too lol. Of course as I have always said talk any kind of leak with a grain of salt. But I have more faith in this one now.

Edit: I just wish they would go ahead and reveal him. Haven't seen him and already wanna main him lol.

Last edited:

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
During his MKX trailer Jax gets introduced as "Jackson". So maybe (hopefully) "JAC" isn't Jacqui after all!
But I do have a feeling, that the daddies (Johnny and Jax) will be sitting this game out.

vapid

cyber warlord
During his MKX trailer Jax gets introduced as "Jackson". So maybe (hopefully) "JAC" isn't Jacqui after all!
But I do have a feeling, that the daddies (Johnny and Jax) will be sitting this game out.
It's possible Jax might, but Johnny has been all but confirmed - there's even a screenshot of him at the fatality screen. I think it's pretty likely he's in.

So yeah, we're getting MKX.5 Cage family drama.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
The "ingame" name was still Jax... As @vapid said, Johnny is most likely in. Except if the fatality is actually a stage fatality for the stage where he is in the backround. But that's not too likely.