What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Well there's probably going to be some major leaks soon. Someone in the know wanted to get the info out (which I was already kind of iffy on) and I specifically said please don't give it to a certain clickbait youtuber (who Ed Boon recently called out) and I guess they didn't agree with me :/.
Perfect way to get it out. Unless there's hard proof to go along with it, or quick corroboration from official NRS media, it will be another "alleged leak" to add to the growing pile and will be largely considered as such.

SinkFla

Noob
Perfect way to get it out. Unless there's hard proof to go along with it, or quick corroboration from official NRS media, it will be another "alleged leak" to add to the growing pile and will be largely considered as such.
Yeah when I posted what I did I just wanted to let out what I had heard (and with the "THIS IS POSSIBLE BS" disclaimer). And because I couldn't verify most of it, it's better off to remain in the speculative and rumored phase/forums (even though there's precedence and some evidence for certain things to be true, others not so much). I wouldn't go to any major publication or youtubers (especially the clickbait kind) without concrete evidence which is what's gonna happen unless there's some pictures I haven't seen, which is a possibility.

Love your avatar by the way.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Yeah when I posted what I did I just wanted to let out what I had heard (and with the "THIS IS POSSIBLE BS" disclaimer). And because I couldn't verify most of it, it's better off to remain in the speculative and rumored phase/forums (even though there's precedence and some evidence for certain things to be true, others not so much). I wouldn't go to any major publication or youtubers (especially the clickbait kind) without concrete evidence which is what's gonna happen unless there's some pictures I haven't seen, which is a possibility.

Love your avatar by the way.
Definitely seems like an iffy move to me. I just hope no one gets in trouble or loses their job over it, if it does happen.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Well there's probably going to be some major leaks soon. Someone in the know wanted to get the info out (which I was already kind of iffy on) and I specifically said please don't give it to a certain clickbait youtuber (who Ed Boon recently called out) and I guess they didn't agree with me :/.
That would be great. I originally wasn't sure if I want everything spoiled, but with so much already out, I just want to know the whole roster. All these KOL and CET thing have me intrigued.
Btw, said youtuber just made a video that a playstation magazine mentioned SHINNOK... Not so sure about that :D

SinkFla

Noob
That would be great. I originally wasn't sure if I want everything spoiled, but with so much already out, I just want to know the whole roster. All these KOL and CET thing have me intrigued.
Btw, said youtuber just made a video that a playstation magazine mentioned SHINNOK... Not so sure about that :D
Yeah I regrettably gave him a view lol. I was curious because I didn't know if the video was made in response to leak giving or something else. Does anyone else have that issue of PlayStation UK? The timing is very weird.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Definitely seems like an iffy move to me. I just hope no one gets in trouble or loses their job over it, if it does happen.
If the leaker gives it to to someone with a big plattform, that person doesn't have to show the sources to the public. They can just say they have seen proof. If you're confident enough in what you're revealing, there's no need to show too much of that in public. People will doubt you, but they'll see that you're right once the game is out, so no need to get anyone in trouble. You just gotta find someone that handles it decently.

SinkFla

Noob
If the leaker gives it to to someone with a big plattform, that person doesn't have to show the sources to the public. They can just say they have seen proof. If you're confident enough in what you're revealing, there's no need to show too much of that in public. People will doubt you, but they'll see that you're right once the game is out, so no need to get anyone in trouble. You just gotta find someone that handles it decently.
Typically though people with a big platform are going to want some form of evidence before going out on a huge limb and claiming "Hey this is all legit" to their 1000+ subscribers or whatever.* I always include that disclaimer when talking about what I've heard because it could all end up being bullshit, even stuff that I personally have faith in.

*Unless you're Dynasty lmfao.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Typically though people with a big platform are going to want some form of evidence before going out on a huge limb and claiming "Hey this is all legit" to their 1000+ subscribers or whatever.* I always include that disclaimer when talking about what I've heard because it could all end up being bullshit, even stuff that I personally have faith in.

Slight misunderstanding of what I meant. The people with the platform need to see the proof first. But THEY don't need to show it publicly to everyone if they are certain enough it's the real thing. I was talking from their perspective.

The kollektor I feel will be causing the most controversy: he will be hated for taking other characters weapons / look / abilities and loved for the crazy character he is.

SinkFla

Noob
Slight misunderstanding of what I meant. The people with the platform need to see the proof first. But THEY don't need to show it publicly to everyone if they are certain enough it's the real thing. I was talking from their perspective.
Ah yes I totally agree with you on that. I have seen some... ahem youtubers put some videos out and some posts on reddit where all I can think is "Come on man someone told you this shit" lol.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I am honest to god more hyped about him than ANYONE else lol.
I was looking forward most to CET before you debunked what you previously said :D But Kollector also sounds awesome. And from the point of view of someone who didn't talk to any sources first hand, just seeing him would either confirm or de-confirm a shitload of information :D

vapid

cyber warlord
@StormGoddess

That thing you just linked from GameFAQs (now removed, apparently) is exactly (word for word) what @SinkFla said in a post somewhere here.

So did he post it, or has he copied it from GameFAQs, or has someone copied him from here and posted it on GameFAQs?

vapid

cyber warlord
I'm sorry what?
pls clarify
Unless I am going mad - which I not believe is yet the case - you posted a screenshot from a post on GameFAQs, along with the screenshot above from that magazine. You then edited your post to remove it.

The post you quoted (as a screenshot) was, word for word, the same post that @SinkFla has posted on this forum. I recognized it immediately, and it was referring to some of the leaks he's posted about here.

I was just curious whether that post was originally posted here and then copied on GameFAQs, or vice versa. I mean it doesn't really matter, but it may be of interest to SinkFla, as it means someone is copying his stuff (or he's copying theirs).

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Unless I am going mad - which I not believe is yet the case - you posted a screenshot from a post on GameFAQs, along with the screenshot above from that magazine. You then edited your post to remove it.

The post you quoted (as a screenshot) was, word for word, the same post that @SinkFla has posted on this forum. I recognized it immediately, and it was referring to some of the leaks he's posted about here.

I was just curious whether that post was originally posted here and then copied on GameFAQs, or vice versa. I mean it doesn't really matter, but it may be of interest to SinkFla, as it means someone is copying his stuff (or he's copying theirs).
Ah, now i see.
Yeah I'm not sure. I notice that too and assumed that someone just copied it from here and post it there but, who knows?You are correct, it was word for word exact. I'm not on the computer that has the screenshot so i can't post it. I also removed it because i thought it was the wrong thread to post them in.

God, Dynasty is such garbage. Dude will make a ten minute video like "I SAW SHINNOK'S FACE BURNED INTO MY TOAST TODAY. SHINNOK CONFIRMED FOR MK11?"

vapid

cyber warlord
God, Dynasty is such garbage. Dude will make a ten minute video like "I SAW SHINNOK'S FACE BURNED INTO MY TOAST TODAY. SHINNOK CONFIRMED FOR MK11?"
I'm sorry but this is total bullshit and you should probably apologize to Dynasty right here and now.

What he actually said was that he saw Jade's face in a swirl of milk in his coffee, and she was later confirmed, which means he was right.

:DOGE

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.

There are several threads like this going on on gamefaqs at the moment. About a week ago, there was someone with lots of info similar to one of SinkFla's sources. At the moment, there's a group of people posting who claim to know something. I haven't posted any of that here because it didn't look very legit to me. Summary of what the current "leaker" says:

Base roster:
-Another god character aside from Raiden
-Another returning female we don't know about
-Another classic character we don't know about
-KOL is a new character, and the Kollector is it's real name. Not a codename.
-They're iffy on Rain. Someone told him he's in and he thinks he may be an unlockable character.

DLC:
-The song "Foucs" by Ariana Grande
-A picture of Pennywise smiling with his scary ass teeth (a hint)
-Paul Blart Mall Cop

They claim the hint of Ariana Grande is in the music video and the Mall Cop thing is super obscure. @SinkFla , does that mean anything to you? I personally think this is 99% BS. If you want to check it out for yourself:

Recent thread:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77498508

Older Thread with similar infos to what SinkFla said about KOL and CET:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77463872

vapid

cyber warlord
@Chuckyscookie

Thanks for that - interesting.

Just to be clear, though - I'm not talking about overlapping information, I am talking about the exact same post, word for word, copied either from here or from GameFAQs. It was something SinkFla posted on this forum, with the same sentences, punctuation and even a 'lol' in the same place. This is what struck me, and why I wanted to mention it, as it means someone is obviously posting the same thing on both forums. I mean, it could be SinkFla himself, I've no idea. Maybe he can answer later.

SenSx

Noob
There are several threads like this going on on gamefaqs at the moment. About a week ago, there was someone with lots of info similar to one of SinkFla's sources. At the moment, there's a group of people posting who claim to know something. I haven't posted any of that here because it didn't look very legit to me. Summary of what the current "leaker" says:

Base roster:
-Another god character aside from Raiden
-Another returning female we don't know about
-Another classic character we don't know about
-KOL is a new character, and the Kollector is it's real name. Not a codename.
-They're iffy on Rain. Someone told him he's in and he thinks he may be an unlockable character.

DLC:
-The song "Foucs" by Ariana Grande
-A picture of Pennywise smiling with his scary ass teeth (a hint)
-Paul Blart Mall Cop

They claim the hint of Ariana Grande is in the music video and the Mall Cop thing is super obscure. @SinkFla , does that mean anything to you? I personally think this is 99% BS. If you want to check it out for yourself:

Recent thread:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77498508

Older Thread with similar infos to what SinkFla said about KOL and CET:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77463872

I'm pretty sure it's entirely fake.
It only has a couple of vague hints to characters, and a supposed artwork no one saw, that could be very well done by any one with a litle bit of talent.

Besides one of those clues refer to a new or returning cop character, right after the Brazilian hint ><
It's just piggbakcing the current rumors.

Besides the author of those leak PM me as well, offering me his proofs if I agreed to create a topic praising him and saying how much he's right and great ><

Last edited: