What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

D

Deleted member 59910

What's your take on the recent Brazilian VA team interview and how it conflicts with widely adopted assumptions about the roster? In the interview it is mentioned that Cassie has an interesting relationship with a new playable male character. It can't be CET, who is supposedly female. There's no way Cassie will kick it with Geras. That leaves KOL. Got anything about KOL being on the good side and being buds with Cass, or are we in for more than 3 playable newcomers?
C’mon, the interview NEVER linked Cassie to anyone.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/details-on-new-male-character-spilled-by-brazilian-voice-actor.68203/page-3#post-2433638

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
What's your take on the recent Brazilian VA team interview and how it conflicts with widely adopted assumptions about the roster? In the interview it is mentioned that Cassie has an interesting relationship with a new playable male character. It can't be CET, who is supposedly female. There's no way Cassie will kick it with Geras. That leaves KOL. Got anything about KOL being on the good side and being buds with Cass, or are we in for more than 3 playable newcomers?
Cassie doesnt have any “interesting relationship” with that new character, all they mentioned is that she sings a song in their intro, nothing else

Afumba

Noob
An Edenia subplot would be dope. Especially since Shao Kahn is also in you could do a lot with the personal history there. You could also throw Rain in there as a wildcard on either side.
Edenian sub plot with the result of a free Edenia would be great. I also feel Ermac should play a part in it somehow. Poor guy would finally find a true purpose... protector of Edenia or something like that

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I've been checking out the Steam Database every day or so to check if anything new is posted and they added a 'horror' store tag.

I wonder if that's a confirmation on a horror DLC guest or if that's just general 'MK could be considered horror-esque' or whatever.

I'm gonna keep holding out hope for Pennywise :D

Cassie doesnt have any “interesting relationship” with that new character, all they mentioned is that she sings a song in their intro, nothing else
Didn't mean to spout misinformation. I must have read a bad translation somewhere. That clears it up then.

Honestly, it is very far fetched IMO too. But crazier shit has happened. And crazier shit than that will happen, too lol. Of course as I have always said talk any kind of leak with a grain of salt. But I have more faith in this one now.

Edit: I just wish they would go ahead and reveal him. Haven't seen him and already wanna main him lol.
Have you heard anything about an official roster size? Or any hidden playable characters that would bump up the current number of 25/26?

Random thought, and I'm not suggesting it's likely, but... anyone think Kabal could perhaps get a Mavado premium skin?
No, because the only thing they have in common is the hookswords. They'd have to give Mavado super speed, the buzzsaw and gas too which doesn't fit the character at all.

vapid

cyber warlord
Yeah but they added a gas cloud that stuns the opponent, ala Bo' Rai Cho's fart cloud... Which again, Mavado doesn't have.
Oh, I'm not disputing that. I know they don't have the same moveset. I was really just broaching the topic because of the hook swords and also because I'm not sure what other premium skins they could do.

I mean, which ideas would you suggest?

Oh, I'm not disputing that. I know they don't have the same moveset. I was really just broaching the topic because of the hook swords and also because I'm not sure what other premium skins they could do.

I mean, which ideas would you suggest?
Honestly I'd rather they not have premium skins for MK. Character movesets shouldn't be interchangeable. The only one that would work could be Bi-Han/Kuai Liang like they did in MK9

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
He's only in as a pre order doc, which means he won't be in the story. Like what happened with Goro in MKX and Darkseid in IJ2.
It was hinted at in a interview that Shao gonna be in or have something to do with story mode in some way.

Also lets be honest Shao winning Armageddon is reason why this new timeline and time travel stuff happens in the first place. He will be at least talked about in some way. He doesnt need to be playable in the story.

But yeah dont think he gonna have a constant presence since he is a preorder character and gonna be more a "cameo" towards the end of story.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It was hinted at in a interview that Shao gonna be in or have something to do with story mode in some way.

Also lets be honest Shao winning Armageddon is reason why this new timeline and time travel stuff happens in the first place. He will be at least talked about in some way. He doesnt need to be playable in the story.

But yeah dont think he gonna have a constant presence since he is a preorder character and gonna be more a "cameo" towards the end of story.
I had assumed the same, but some dev said he has a story role. It makes sense, given the time travel stuff.
Im pretty sure you guys are misremembering/misinterpreting the interview answer. Shaun said that he can't discuss Shao Kahn's role in the story, not that Shao Kahn plays a role in the story that he doesn't want to discuss. It was just a flat out "I don't want to talk about that topic."

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Im pretty sure you guys are misremembering/misinterpreting the interview answer. Shaun said that he can't discuss Shao Kahn's role in the story, not that Shao Kahn plays a role in the story that he doesn't want to discuss. It was just a flat out "I don't want to talk about that topic."
Ooh, yes, I'm misremembering then.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Dont worry i remember it.

He looked up for some seconds and clearly thought hard and long what he is gonna say and answered in a way that it looks like there is more to it.

"Story is very exciting" with a grin.

He could have instantly said that he cant talk about it instead if there is nothing regarding the topic anyway.

Last edited:
Dont worry i remember it.

He looked up for some seconds and clearly thought hard and long what he is gonna say and answered in a way that it looks like there is more to it.

"Story is very exciting" with a grin.

He could have instantly said that he cant talk about it instead if there is nothing regarding the topic anyway.
Sounds like a deflective, yet positive spin on "no comment."

SinkFla

Noob
Well there's probably going to be some major leaks soon. Someone in the know wanted to get the info out (which I was already kind of iffy on) and I specifically said please don't give it to a certain clickbait youtuber (who Ed Boon recently called out) and I guess they didn't agree with me :/.