What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Since im ignorant.. ENLIGHTEN ME :)!
I'll help you.

You're projecting and you don't know it.

When you were so quick to say "anything but a black female character right", it's because it was the first thing you thought of. You thought that because she is a black female that it HAS TO BE the reason why she's getting so much hate. It's literally just your own insecurities projecting themselves onto things that have absolutely nothing to do with prejudice.

It's not all of us, it's you. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but it is what it is.

Now you are getting defensive over everything to cover your tracks. You're bringing up that Jade isn't even that black she's a mix or some shit. Guess what, to most who don't know, she's black and she's sexy af.

You're bringing up "well there's at least two people in the world who have said racist things about her because its okay to hate her!". You're just trying to justify your awkward original statement by being defensive.

Just pick your battles man. You made a mistake, just learn from it and move on. You're just making things worst for yourself by keeping this going, and to be honest you're sort of derailing this awesome thread that is suppose to be making people happy.

Last edited:
Damn didnt see this coming. People were definitely sleeping on the number of new characters we are getting. Some big names are missing though. No Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung and Rain is a shocker. But i think only 24 characters are known right now, so one of the above might still make the base roster. Or maybe some of these achievements include some dlc characters.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Remember, the achievement list shows 20 chars. 3 are unknown and 2 are missing. Base roster is 25. There are spots remaining.
I should clarify that I just meant Kitana in particular was the most alarming absentee given that it's already been shown that she will be a prominent character in story mode. If these achievements are 100% true then it also leaves unanswered questions about the Johnny, Rain and Noob 'hints'.

I am so fucking excited mercy is back. Even if it leads to nothing but giving your opponent an extra chance, how cool this will potentially be in competitive play and at tournaments is really exciting. I really wanted mercy back for a long time.
I'm thinking (IF it's true) that there'll be specific brutalities you can only do by granting your opponent Mercy. That could be pretty hype.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I'll help you.

When you were so quick to say "anything but a black female character right", it's because it was the first thing you thought of. You thought that because she is a black female that it HAS TO BE the reason why she's getting so much hate. It's literally just your own insecurities projecting themselves onto things that have absolutely nothing to do with prejudice.

Now you are getting defensive over everything to cover your tracks. You're bringing up that Jade isn't even that black she's a mix or some shit. Guess what, to most who don't know, she's black and she's sexy af.

You're bringing up "well there's at least two people in the world who have said racist things about her because its okay to hate her!". You're just trying to justify your awkward original statement by being defensive.

Just pick your battles man. You made a mistake, just learn from it and move on. You're just making things worst for yourself by keeping this going, and to be honest you're sort of derailing this awesome thread that is suppose to be making people happy.
I'd like to add that the TYM and the FGC have shown themselves to be extremely accepting of everyone, regardless of skin color or gender.

We don't take kindly to scrubs though. Din'tcha see the "no scrubs" sign?
:DOGE

I'll help you.

i could care less if people like me LOL and i was defensive ever since that guy said he hated jacqui.
if u dont like her move on. i dont like kabal but i dont bitch about him 24/7 everytime someone mentions him lmao he had one of the lowest percentage on ed's polls.
im not projecting its FACTS you guys hate her because shes one of the few black females in video games PERIOD
hate me all you want im not on this thread to make "online friends" lol im here to discuss and defend my fellow black gurl
and jade is clearly not black shes literally asian... never seen a black girl's hair that straight but ok

I really hope these achievement names are a bit of a red herring. I don't even play Shang Tsung, and even I consider it offensive to exclude him twice in a row.
Well also with Sindel, Nightwolf, Sheeva etc., but Ed Boon did say that fans will go crazy for the DLC, which sounds to me like it could be fan favorite heavy. EX: Mileena, Shang Tsung, Reptile, Sindel, Nightwolf, Sheeva maybe Triborg even etc. there are a couple choices if the steam leak is true, which it probably is since fans can't edit it or get into it at all.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
i could care less if people like me LOL and i was defensive ever since that guy said he hated jacqui.
if u dont like her move on. i dont like kabal but i dont bitch about him 24/7 everytime someone mentions him lmao he had one of the lowest percentage on ed's polls.
im not projecting its FACTS you guys hate her because shes one of the few black females in video games PERIOD
hate me all you want im not on this thread to make "online friends" lol im here to discuss and defend my fellow black gurl
and jade is clearly not black shes literally asian... never seen a black girl's hair that straight but ok
This is just real unfortunate. Her race is irrelevant. You make it about race/gender. Nobody else. Good luck to you in dealing with these issues.

Man, that is a whole lot of character confirms. Is that Ed’s way of “revealing” the whole roster without really “telling” us? Cause it sure looks like it. So happy to see Cassie and Jade in there.
I really didn't even think of this, if it is it's quite a brilliant way to do it! It's coincidental this leak happened after the kombat kast with him saying he wished he could reveal them all right there, hmmm...

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I really didn't even think of this, if it is it's quite a brilliant way to do it! It's coincidental this leak happened after the kombat kast with him saying he wished he could reveal them all right there, hmmm...
Yup, can’t just be a coincidence imo. Maybe those whose names we can’t recognize are ones they don’t want to reveal yet.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
NRS has stated that they didn't do any gender swapping for the premier skins in Injustice 2 because they would effect the hitboxes. So even if MK11 also used premier skins, it's unlikely Frost would be one for Sub-Zero.
Fair point about premier skins; one I hadn't considered. That said, does the use of a new engine effect things like hitbox/hurtbox collision and interaction? Maybe offering them more leeway than before? Asking out of genuine curiosity since I have little to no idea of how game design works in this regard.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Dude... Noob, Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Fujin, Sindel, Takeda, Havik, Shang, Jax, Kenshi, any of the cyborgs... all of them out and Frost and Jacqui in?? Im sorry, but this is 101% fake