What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

JDM

Noob
QLOC is the development team that fixed the pc port High Voltage butchered for mkx. QLOC then ported the pc version of injustice 2 and they used similar listing for characters in inj2 when they were dropping the dlc
They've trolled as in falsified trophies before? If that's the case then this is all not even worth taking about.

Murilima

I criticize because I love!
I saw D'vora but no Mileena
I saw Cassie but no Jhonny
I saw Jacquie but no Jax
I sow Erron but no Repitile
And definily i didn't saw Rain, Noob, Smoke, Cyrax or Shan Tsung

Really Netherrealm, REALLY!!!

Don't do this with me, not again.

And if one of these new characters be the son of Kano, will be a great desapointment, enough of this "second generation", i want my favorite characters not their childs.

I prefere Shuginko, Li Mei, Sareena, Bo Rai Cho, Fujin, Onaga 10 times more than this "new generation", even Tsu Hao and Mavado were better. But not Meat, no one likes Meat.

Tweedy

Noob
Remember guys, they codenamed the data files on Injustice 2 on pc. It said Scooby Doo and others were in the game, when it was really Atom and other characters. The kollector is definitely just a code name for a reveal that's too juicy to risk being leaked.

Gamer68

Fujin!
QLOC is trolling. They've done it before. They did it in Injustice 2. Besides, I really don't see NRS doing trophies for each individual character. That alone screams fake to me. They usually have a "perform every fatality" trophy, but not one per character. Especially with their emphasis on gear and the time towers, not to mention online trophies.
I get that the current list is incomplete. I just don't see this being legit. It screams trolling to me.
Remember guys, they codenamed the data files on Injustice 2 on pc. It said Scooby Doo and others were in the game, when it was really Atom and other characters. The kollector is definitely just a code name for a reveal that's too juicy to risk being leaked.
Oh wow, that's my first time hearing about that. If that's the case the credibility of this being legit just went way down...

I think there's a possibility that some of them could be legit, like the ones that went up before today. Those just mentioned characters like Sub-Zero, Raiden, Sonya, (ones we already know) but also the Krypt and maybe a couple other things.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
It makes sense to leave some of the bigger names out of the main roster to make the Kombat pack a must buy.
This. I've been saying for a while that Noob would probably anchor the kombat pack. Now that he's in menus though idk.

Really bummed not to see Sindel, Tanya, or Mileena here, but happy to see Jade and -- yes -- Jacqui, who I had a lot of fun playing and who I think has potential with a cooler design. Look what they did with Skarlet.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
y'all really giving this 4D chess crap consideration? Games are big complicated things with a lot of moving parts, this is exactly the kind of thing that is liable to slip.

Think about it from the other way. What does a dev have to gain by faking character leaks like that? Get people all excited for their favorite character to be in then pull the rug on them? "Oh, but they would build hype and sell pre-orders." Sure, maybe. But all that hype will all be squandered and turned to backlash and those pre-orders cancelled as soon as it the jig was up.

I'm inclined to trust this leak. Not just because I'm hype as hell for Kotal, but because the alternative that it is some kind of elaborate ruse is too far fetched.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...If it was leaked by accident yesterday then the Nrs team would have known and told to whoever leaked it to stop. Then why would they come back again today and leak the rest??
This :u. I think it is a misleading leak before the next week reveal. Who female is absent in this "leak"? You guess right, Sindel. She will be shown next week. :cool:

Elder God

Power!
Oh my God, no Shang or Robots??
If that thing is the final base roster, NRS needs release DLC urgently.
Jacqui is a really bad choice, Li Mei or Sareena instead Frost and yer, the game need more new chars, new game = new chars.

Haha! Well I meant, I'm not gonna get all up in people's faces about it. It's a very odd decision and if it's true then I'll just make my peace with it and try to quietly guess wtf NRS thought process was.
What's weirdest to me is introducing 4 new playable characters when returning characters resonate more with fans (which Boon stated as the mantra for MK11's roster) and have more to gain from the time travel storyline.

Naturally, the most sensible course of action is to reserve judgment. Maybe Kittelsen has something up his sleeve. His inclusion on the writing staff is one of the more hopeful things about MK11, and I'm open to see what's done with each character this time around even if I wasn't big on their previous iterations.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
What's weirdest to me is introducing 4 new playable characters when returning characters resonate more with fans (which Boon stated as the mantra for MK11's roster) and have more to gain from the time travel storyline.

Naturally, the most sensible course of action is to reserve judgment. Maybe Kittelsen has something up his sleeve. His inclusion on the writing staff is one of the more hopeful things about MK11, and I'm open to see what's done with each character this time around even if I wasn't big on their previous iterations.
If it is 4 new characters, that's still less than MKX, which makes me feel that Ed's statement wasn't really misleading. I'm thinking the 4 new are either lackeys for Kronika or people who are opposed to her and there to help the Heroes.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
What gives me pause seeing this as final is them talking about the MK3 newcomers on the Kombat Kast, with @16 Bit saying that's his favorite era. It would be weird after that if Kabal was the *only* MK3 returnee, with Sindel, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, and Stryker all sitting out.

Obviously I am just desperate for any hint of my favorite character, but I was hoping that moment was an indication we'd be seeing more MK3 characters.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I find it hard to believe Kenshi and Shang Tsung won't be base roster, so perhaps the 25 character figure isn't final. That said, if @Gamer68's conjectured roster is accurate, I'd guess the following for the Kombat Pack:

1. Fujin
  2. Sindel
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Shang Tsung
  5. Guest
  6. Guest
  • What does the leakmaster think of this leaks credibility? I'm hearing different opinions.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Honestly? After thinking about it for a bit.

I'm glad Jacqui's getting another chance. Her concept art showed so much potential but her final design just fell flat.

Hope they revamp her and try and give her another push with the fans. Her personality was there, her look just didn't live up to that. She was just military. Military is boring when there are sorcerers and dragon kings. There needs to be flash, she needs to have a look unlike anyone else. But she just had braids and military uniform.

Out of her concept art designs from MKX I really hope they go with 3. They managed to make decent long hair in Injustice 2 with Black Canary and Wonder Woman etc. I think they could do her justice this time around.

SinkFla

Noob
They've trolled as in falsified trophies before? If that's the case then this is all not even worth taking about.
Yeah I feel like this is all a giant troll lol. Some are most likely legitimate but are scattered between the BS. We were all talking about how the steam update yesterday (or day before?) "confirmed" Erron Black. Between here and Reddit (Tyler is on Reddit, 16Bit here) there's no way in hell NRS was not made aware of that gaffe. Why dump even more leaks in the exact same manner that spoiled another reveal?

Also, since when did MK games have 20+ trophies/achievements dedicated to performing a fatality with each character? I call BS.

(I hope it's BS lol)

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
What gives me pause seeing this as final is them talking about the MK3 newcomers on the Kombat Kast, with @16 Bit saying that's his favorite era. It would be weird after that if Kabal was the *only* MK3 returnee, with Sindel, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, and Stryker all sitting out.

Obviously I am just desperate for any hint of my favorite character, but I was hoping that moment was an indication we'd be seeing more MK3 characters.
There's still a few open slots left, and it's even possible that 25 isn't the final roster number. Personally, I'm really hoping to see Shang Tsung announced, and Johnny (though I'm 99.99% certain he's in). That said, I'd really like to see Sheeva make a return. Always did like her and her story was going in interesting places last we saw of her.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
The Inj2 case was different. Those were intros renamed. Not an achievement list. just an FYI
Also, this achievement list is clearly incomplete, for those people who assume that's it when it comes to characters (or hell, achievements lol) CHILL lol

Reactions: JDM

JDM

Noob
The Inj2 case was different. Those were intros renamed. Not an achievement list. just an FYI
Also, this achievement list is clearly incomplete, for those people who assume that's it when it comes to characters (or hell, achievements lol) CHILL lol
Intros renamed? Can you elaborate? I kinda find it hard to believe THIS is how the roster would get leaked, and if they've suspiciously done similar stuff in the past before then I'm gonna stay positive.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Females: 8

Cassie Cage
D'Vorah
Frost
Jacqui Briggs
Jade
Kitana
Sonya Blade
Skarlet

Males: 12

Baraka
Erron Black
Geras
Kabal
Kano
Kotal Kahn
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero

Pre-Order Bonus: Shao Kahn

UNKNOWN: 3

*CET*
*TER*
*KOL*

This is the roster we're looking at so far. But, the thing is...there are still 2 slots that have yet to be filled out of the 25. (3 If Shao Kahn isn't part of the base 25. I think he is.) I think it's going to be Rain and Shang Tsung. I want Noob to be in, but I wouldn't mind him being DLC. There's also the likelihood of Johnny Cage being one of those as well since he is seen the background of one of the stages and was in another image posted on Reddit.

I like this roster, honestly. I'm excited to learn who the 'new' characters are who are currently unknown. I'm upset Mileena's not involved, but characters like Skarlet, D'Vorah, and Jade definitely make up for that imo.

Also, this is a major stretch, but if you unscramble some of the 'unknown character' letters up there you get words like 'Electro' and 'Rocket'. Sektor tease? :DOGE

There's also the possibility that the 'unknown' names are placeholders for characters that they want to hold close to their chests until they're ready to reveal them. That means Shang Tsung, Noob, Rain, Sindel, etc all have a chance of being base roster still.

This one is pleased with the roster.

Last edited: