What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
as i said go fuck yourself because the comment wasnt even directed at you LMAO
It's a free internet, I have as much right to point out the gross stupidity of your comments as anyone else.

you seem like the type to get mad at people for saying black lives matter
Fucking yikes. You're literally giving the people you hate free ammunition, and you're too stupid to even realize it. Newsflash, you're not going to win any friends by blanket accusing everyone of racism "just in case."

It must be a really sad day for NRS. They should really start preparing their marketing campaigns with best and worst case scenarios. Leaks are almost inevitable these days.

Leaks do make my waiting easier and somewhat funnier. I'm still excited for the game and its secrets. The new modes, the mystery celebrities, the new stages and so many other things. The roster is important but it's not everything.

NRS should be happy for us. We're still waiting for the real reveals, right? All we have is names. We know nothing about the new design and gameplay changes of all these characters. I'm hype AF!
tbh who cares right now? had this happened like right after an e3 announcement or so they surely would have had problems to fill the time, but 2 months before release they could also reveal the whole roster with gameplay videos right now and it wouldnt harm anything.

It must be a really sad day for NRS. They should really start preparing their marketing campaigns with best and worst case scenarios. Leaks are almost inevitable these days.

Leaks do make my waiting easier and somewhat funnier. I'm still excited for the game and its secrets. The new modes, the mystery celebrities, the new stages and so many other things. The roster is important but it's not everything.

NRS should be happy for us. We're still waiting for the real reveals, right? All we have is names. We know nothing about the new design and gameplay changes of all these characters. I'm hype AF!
Well, this is not a leak really. Steamdb exists since ever, and the info is uploaded to steam by themselves (or they pc port developer, I don't know if NS make the port after the High Voltage fiasco).

Last edited:
It's a free internet, I have as much right to point out the gross stupidity of your comments as anyone else.

Fucking yikes. You're literally giving the people you hate free ammunition, and you're too stupid to even realize it. Newsflash, you're not going to win any friends by blanket accusing everyone of racism "just in case."
who says im here for friends? im here to see the list. i rarely comment on here and i just felt like it needed to be said LOL .
And you think it's "gross stupidity" well thats YOUR OPINION
just know i think the same about you <3 blocked

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
tbh who cares right now?
I'm not talking about sales.

At least 3 NRS employees declared how important it is for them to observe our unspoiled reactions. People need some fun @ work, not only paying jobs. They need 2 know that their efforts are making ripples in the fabric of the universe.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Damn thats a huge leak.

With this info and Ed Boons tons of classics talk its gonna be interesting how the final roster gonna end up.

Also the Kombat Kids and Kotal being back shouldnt be much of a surprise.

Gamer68

Fujin!
To be honest I just think NRS is waiting too long to show everything off. Before the Reveal Event happened, I thought for sure that they were going to have like 10-12 characters in the playable build. Nope, just 7, roughly the same number we would get around E3 with previous NRS games. The weird thing about is that they pretty much openly showed certain characters in trailers (Cassie Cage, Kitana, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, etc) and others on menus (Kano, and who seem to be Rain and Noob Saibot), etc, so it's weird how they didn't go ahead and show some of those off in-game.

They have waited so long we are pretty much 2 months away from release and we've only seen gameplay of 8 characters. Even though most of the game is done and they are sitting on some really juicy stuff, they decide to reveal multiple characters like Kano and D'Vorah officially by using renders? Like what? Now they are getting the Achievement stuff done and are pretty much leaking everything themselves.

I'm not complaining, just saying it's an odd approach that almost seems to be backfiring in some way (mainly the Achievements thing). To be fair the rosters of past NRS games were leaked, but that's because a dev or someone close to a dev spoiled it. It seems they are putting a lot of effort into keeping things secret this time, so it's kinda a shame that they ended up leaking everything themselves anyway.

Last edited:

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
My one big issue with all of this is if Noob isn't base roster it'd be a damn crime. I've been thinking they might save him for DLC since everybody and they momma wants him, but... not having dead resurrected Bi-Han in this story mode would be a missed opportunity.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
To be honest I just think NRS is waiting too long to show everything off. Before the Reveal Event happened, I thought for sure that they were going to have like 10-12 characters in the playable build. Nope, just 7, roughly the same number we would get around E3 with previous NRS games. The weird thing about is that they pretty much openly showed certain characters in trailers (Cassie Cage, Kitana, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, etc) and others on menus (Kano, and who seem to be Rain and Noob Saibot), etc, so it's weird how they didn't go ahead and show some of those off in-game.

They have waited so long we are pretty much 2 months away from release and we've only seen gameplay of 8 characters. Even though most of the game is done and they are sitting on some really juicy stuff, they decide to reveal multiple characters like Kano and D'Vorah officially by using renders? Like what? Now they are getting the Achievement stuff done and are pretty much leaking everything themselves.

I'm not complaining, just saying it's an odd approach that almost seems to be backfiring in some way (mainly the Achievements thing). To be fair the rosters of past NRS games were leaked, but that's because a dev or someone close to a dev spoiled it. It seems they are putting a lot of effort into keeping things secret this time, so it's kinda a shame that they kinda ended up leaking the thing themselves anyway.
I'm not gonna totally defend their marketing strategy..
But if you go back to MKX it had some bizarre lulls too, and with less than a month before release we still only had official confirmation of about half the roster. So this isn't that weird yet in light of MKX. Is it the way I would have done it? Probably not.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Some of the Jacqui hate I see has a lot of racial undertones and people think it’s okay because it’s popular to dislike her

Literally the most requested character I see anywhere discussing this game is Jade and she’s black, what the hell are you on about.

Most of the characters in this series and the ones people want the most aren’t even white.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Speculation is nice but I want to let you know that QLoc has a history with trolling PC data miners so take this with a grain of salt.

In Inj2 before the last DLC pack was revealed the put some trolling character files and called them Shaggy, Talon, and a couple more that I forgot. After examination it turned out they just copied files from Bane and Robin and some more and gave them those trolly names.
I reckon this is closer to the truth.

Several 'behind the scenes' confirms being on that list but not Kitana is way too suspect IMO.